I hadn't heard that god likes it shaved. You learn something every day....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
I hadn't heard that god likes it shaved. You learn something every day....
"Jeffs also was heard telling the girls to shower and wear white robes when they come to him, and gave them instructions on shaving their pubic hair. At the end, he softly sings the "Father, Son and Holy Ghost" refrain."

from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03...16968.html

Every time you say you don't believe, Jesus rips the wings off a fairy. - SkepticalParenting.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2011, 12:30 PM
RE: I hadn't heard that god likes it shaved. You learn something every day....
Manipulative SOB!! Angry

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
03-08-2011, 12:48 PM
This is the comment I left..

Quote:I'm sick of people hiding under the cover of 'religion' to do horrible acts. Freedom to practice religion does not mean do whatever the hell you want and call it religion. No matter what your religion is, you still have to comply with US laws, end of story. Prosecutin­g this CHILD MOLESTER is not hampering anyone's freedom of religion. I'm sorry, but when it comes to religion vs human rights, I'm always going to side with human rights.

What I wanted to add was this 'Devout believers- This man truly believed that what he was doing was sanctioned by god, objectivity, it's a good thing.'

But that wouldn't get us anywhere would it.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
03-08-2011, 06:10 PM
"But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein." - Luke 18:16-17

Yup. God's a pedo.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-08-2011, 07:43 AM
"As the tape continued to play, Jeffs again repeatedly objected. But the judge, jury and prosecutors were wearing headphones to hear the recording, and ignored him. He remained standing long after falling silent."

made me lul.

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
06-08-2011, 11:45 PM
(03-08-2011 12:48 PM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  This is the comment I left..

Quote:I'm sick of people hiding under the cover of 'religion' to do horrible acts. Freedom to practice religion does not mean do whatever the hell you want and call it religion. No matter what your religion is, you still have to comply with US laws, end of story. Prosecutin­g this CHILD MOLESTER is not hampering anyone's freedom of religion. I'm sorry, but when it comes to religion vs human rights, I'm always going to side with human rights.

What I wanted to add was this 'Devout believers- This man truly believed that what he was doing was sanctioned by god, objectivity, it's a good thing.'

But that wouldn't get us anywhere would it.

But did Jeffs and his inbred buddies really believe they were following god's directions; and if so how objective was that?Confused
07-08-2011, 02:31 AM
I think I should have added a semicolon Blush

As in Jeff and his fellows believed in this stuff, whole heartedly, just like many other religious folks believe in some other tosh whole heartedly.

Being objective instead of just seeing things through the lense of your religion is a good thing.

08-08-2011, 05:24 PM
(07-08-2011 02:31 AM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  I think I should have added a semicolon Blush

As in Jeff and his fellows believed in this stuff, whole heartedly, just like many other religious folks believe in some other tosh whole heartedly.

Being objective instead of just seeing things through the lense of your religion is a good thing.

Hi Monkey. Hope my response did'nt sound impolite. My punctuation certainly isn't crash hot.
I recently read a book about Jeffs and the F.L.D.S and it was the great efforts by some of the women members that really brought this issue to the surface.Wink
08-08-2011, 06:56 PM
(08-08-2011 05:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(07-08-2011 02:31 AM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  I think I should have added a semicolon Blush

Hi Monkey. Hope my response did'nt sound impolite. My punctuation certainly isn't crash hot.
I recently read a book about Jeffs and the F.L.D.S and it was the great efforts by some of the women members that really brought this issue to the surface.Wink

Oh not at all, I was just stating I probably should have added a semi colon to separate the clauses... your statement wasn't impolite at all!