I hate Valentine's Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2016, 03:54 PM
I hate Valentine's Day
I'm bitter. Fuck it. Fuck it sooooo hard.

I almost put this in the ranting corner, but I hate it so much at the moment that it deserved its own thread. Besides, I figure I'm not the only one that hates it.

Why do I hate it? Because I've been disappointed 10 years in a row. That's how long its been since I last got to celebrate it. It sets up these expectations, and even when you're aware they're silly expectations, like a dinner date or some modicum of romance, and that it's really just a commercial holiday, it still makes you disappointed when there's no one who cares enough to celebrate it with you.

Hello lonely people, feel even more like shit today while happy couples rub it in your face.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
13-02-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: I hate Valentine's Day
Hug
13-02-2016, 04:00 PM
I bought cards for each of my grandkids. Put a little money in each...they will enjoy getting to pick out a little something for themselves with the money.

That's the sum of Valentine's Day for me...has been for years. I am good with that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
13-02-2016, 04:03 PM
(13-02-2016 03:54 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm bitter. Fuck it. Fuck it sooooo hard.

I almost put this in the ranting corner, but I hate it so much at the moment that it deserved its own thread. Besides, I figure I'm not the only one that hates it.

Why do I hate it? Because I've been disappointed 10 years in a row. That's how long its been since I last got to celebrate it. It sets up these expectations, and even when you're aware they're silly expectations, like a dinner date or some modicum of romance, and that it's really just a commercial holiday, it still makes you disappointed when there's no one who cares enough to celebrate it with you.

Hello lonely people, feel even more like shit today while happy couples rub it in your face.

Hug
Yes, I agree...fuck it...
fuck it sideways
13-02-2016, 04:04 PM
I think it's an awful holiday because it makes so many people feel unhappy and like there's something wrong with them. And even for people who are in a decent relationship, it's unnecessary pressure.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
13-02-2016, 04:05 PM
I find it a relief that I don't have to feel obligated to jump through all the expected hoops. Fuck it.
13-02-2016, 04:10 PM
Wait . . it's. Valentines day today?
I guess I'm no longer allowed to bitch about American holidays being adopted by Danes. Oh sorry Online Biker, am I allowed to type that?
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
13-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Happily single here. No Valentines bullshit for me Smile

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
13-02-2016, 04:17 PM
(13-02-2016 03:54 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm bitter. Fuck it. Fuck it sooooo hard.

I have a love/hate thing with Valentine's Day. When the kids were little I'd buy them little things...they were always kinda meh. One year I made heart shaped pancakes for breakfast, a special dinner they loved, and a heart shaped cake for dessert. They didn't seem to care at all. Or notice...

I usually ended up doing their Valentine's for school. Facepalm

They get it from their father, who refuses to "celebrate" any Hallmark holiday.

Sure, I'd love to go out, or have him surprise me with something...flowers, candy he knows I'd enjoy...whatever. He doesn't need to spend big bucks on roses either, he could buy me pink carnations or whatever.

So each year, I wonder will he think to do anything? 27 years of marriage he has once.

Now, his father, when he was alive, always bought mother in law a dozen red roses for her birthday, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, their wedding anniversary and for any other holiday.

Still each year I set out my little Valentine things that no one but me cares about.

This year, I'll probably drink a glass of wine (after mother in law leaves) take a bubble bath and watch An Affair to Remember on dvd, or something like that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-02-2016, 04:23 PM
I do not care either way. If someone else is happy and has someone to share then I wish them all happiness. It's rare and anyone who has it is fortunate. I don't feel any more or less lonely because of some date on a calendar. I am lonely every day, so makes no difference to me.

For thirty years I had a partner who couldn't have cared less about special days, valentine's, birthdays, anniversaries, mother's day. Nothing. In the beginning I would remind him or even buy things for him to give, later I quit reminding him as that defeats the point of showing your love some love, instead I suffered hurt feelings for a couple of decades, next I just went and bought myself something or took myself out, finally I just quit. It was just another way to show me neglect, so I didn't want to remember it. Now, I may be lonely but I am not purposely ignored or neglected buy someone who should care, much better to my way of thinking.

I do small things for my kids and grandkids, they are always my valentines. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 5 users Like Heatheness's post