I hate Valentine's Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2016, 04:35 PM
RE: I hate Valentine's Day
It's a BS occasion. Every day is romantic if you want it to be. Trying to be romantic on V day is just ridiculous, buying flowers/chocolate etc in a store full of them, for all the guys fulfilling their obligation. Sitting in a restaurant full of couple, it just completely takes the romance out of it.

I pretty much ignore the v day aspect of the day, it is an ordinary day, just like the rest.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
13-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Sometimes I have a bf for Valentine's, sometimes I don't. It's just another day to me. I think people put too much pressure on themselves for Valentine's---and even if you do have someone to spend it with, all that pressure takes all the fun out of it. I prefer things laid back--including Valentine's Day. I've had bf's take me to five star restaurants, but my favorite Valentine's Day was a picnic on the beach. You don't need a bf to have a nice Valentine's anyway. Why not spend the day with your son or with a group of single friends? You'll find someone awesome, someone who appreciates all you have to offer soon enough.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
13-02-2016, 04:39 PM
I don't really pay attention to holidays.

Truth seeker.
[+] 1 user Likes diddo97's post
13-02-2016, 05:05 PM
What the fuck? Wasn't Christmas only about eight weeks ago? Why should I buy more stuff?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
13-02-2016, 05:09 PM
My husband buys things now and then for occasions. More often than not he doesn't. After seeing this thread I told him we have candy in the house, I can bake some cupcakes or not...I bought ice cream. If he wants to buy anything I told him to buy a bag of puppy chow. Big Grin That's about all I need to be prepared for the new family member.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
13-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Oh I just remembered. My mom buys my stepdad something and then she buys herself something from him too. I just don't understand why she even cares at that point. It's (both them and the day itself) just so stupid and forlorn that I want to cry.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
13-02-2016, 05:20 PM
(13-02-2016 05:15 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Oh I just remembered. My mom buys my stepdad something and then she buys herself something from him too. I just don't understand why she even cares at that point. It's (both them and the day itself) just so stupid and forlorn that I want to cry.

Hug
13-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Rev and I talked early on in the relationship about Valentine's Day and what was or was not expected. In the end, we decided we both prefer romantic things that are not done out of obligation. Like this morning, I got up and got a cup of coffee and he brought my breakfast to me. Shy Which was really nice and very appreciated - and best of all, it was just because. Wasn't because it's Valentine's Day (because it isn't here in the U.S. quite yet), but because he wanted to pamper me a bit. Heart

That being said, there is a ton of pressure on both genders on this day. Women feel pressured to get, men feel pressured to give (using a heterosexual example, obviously but I'm sure there are similar pressures on homosexual couples) and it's all around a recipe for potential disaster. Men may feel they have to up their game each year while women may dread their girlfriends asking what "their man" did for them this year, if anything at all.

[+] 6 users Like Escape Artist's post
13-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Yay, chocolate will be on sale next week!

That is all.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 10 users Like Dom's post
13-02-2016, 06:14 PM
Valentine's Day is as important to me as Thanksgiving. And I don't know what Thanksgiving even is. And I'm Greek. So you get the idea.

I mean, we do have Valentine's Day in Greece too with all its mumbo jumbo, I just never felt anything about it. The idea of expressing your love on some random day is just ridiculous. We have birthdays and anniversaries for that (which are also hardly important to me and my boyfriend).

One of the most embarrassing moments in my life was when I was 15 and as I was going out of English school, my then boyfriend was waiting for me holding flowers, a teddy bear and chocolates and smiling with the most awkward smile in the world. I immediately dragged him to a corner to avoid any further humiliation. The chocolates were good though.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post