I hate Valentine's Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2016, 06:42 PM
RE: I hate Valentine's Day
My wife and I will be married 35 years on Valentine's Day. I think, besides the romance factor, it's a date that I sure as hell won't forget. We were supposed to go away for the weekend, but she came down sick, so we cancelled it. I won't even buy her chocolate, yet. She's still eating rice and drinking Gatorade. We seldom celebrate our anniversary on the 14th, since everybody else is in on it. We usually go a day or 2 to either side.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
13-02-2016, 10:12 PM
(13-02-2016 03:54 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm bitter. Fuck it. Fuck it sooooo hard.

I almost put this in the ranting corner, but I hate it so much at the moment that it deserved its own thread. Besides, I figure I'm not the only one that hates it.

Why do I hate it? Because I've been disappointed 10 years in a row. That's how long its been since I last got to celebrate it. It sets up these expectations, and even when you're aware they're silly expectations, like a dinner date or some modicum of romance, and that it's really just a commercial holiday, it still makes you disappointed when there's no one who cares enough to celebrate it with you.

Hello lonely people, feel even more like shit today while happy couples rub it in your face.

Your turn is coming, young lady! Yes My post previous was not meant as a nose-rubbing event. You will eventually find it. I had almost given up, and didn't find it until I was 31 YO. Lots of fish that had to be tossed back, I guess, and I'll wager that many of the women I met felt the same way about me. Chin up!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
13-02-2016, 11:02 PM
My wife's sister, to whom I grew very close, died on Valentine's Day, so we celebrate her life and have a nice meal and romantic night, but not because it's Valentine's but because we revel in each other. The actual day is shit and shouldn't be called a holiday.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post
13-02-2016, 11:09 PM
Fuck being bitter.

13-02-2016, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2016 11:17 PM by Hobbitgirl.)
I actually like Valentines day. I don't expect to get anything but I like all the sappy decorations and such. Fun!

I enjoy it more now that I have a baby to spoil. Tongue I dont think it has to be about romantic partners. Just another reason to celebrate any person you love!
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
14-02-2016, 01:17 AM
I don't care about Valentine's Day. It's just day like any other and I spend it the same way - reading, training and cooking.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
14-02-2016, 05:12 AM
(13-02-2016 03:54 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm bitter. Fuck it. Fuck it sooooo hard.

I almost put this in the ranting corner, but I hate it so much at the moment that it deserved its own thread. Besides, I figure I'm not the only one that hates it.

Why do I hate it? Because I've been disappointed 10 years in a row. That's how long its been since I last got to celebrate it. It sets up these expectations, and even when you're aware they're silly expectations, like a dinner date or some modicum of romance, and that it's really just a commercial holiday, it still makes you disappointed when there's no one who cares enough to celebrate it with you.

Hello lonely people, feel even more like shit today while happy couples rub it in your face.

I hear ya girl, Smile thankfully like Halloween valentines day in Britain is not as big a deal as it is across the pond but its still annoying for unwilling singletons' like me. My way out of a funk ? I just keep telling myself I do not need a third party to make me a complete person its their loss screw em Big Grin sending you a virtual hug Hug

And a virtual platonic valentines day heart.
Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
14-02-2016, 05:35 AM
If I dated (which I don't) I'm not even gonna pay for the persons dinner (I'll pay for mine but they can pay for their own damn food) so the chances of me doing something romantic on valentines day when I see it as nothing but commercial bullshit are rather slim. Jesus resurrecting and giving me a high five has a higher chance.

Stupid holiday. Does nothing but fills my facebook wall up with filth.

[Image: oscar.png]
14-02-2016, 06:54 AM
Dang Gwynnies, I love this stuff. And heart shaped boxes of premium chocolates at least half off tomorrow makes it like two holidays in a row. So there! Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-02-2016, 07:09 AM
(14-02-2016 06:54 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dang Gwynnies, I love this stuff. And heart shaped boxes of premium chocolates at least half off tomorrow makes it like two holidays in a row. So there! Tongue
Did Gwyneth send you a card this year Tongue