I hate Valentine's Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2016, 05:55 PM
RE: I hate Valentine's Day
(13-02-2016 03:54 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm bitter. Fuck it. Fuck it sooooo hard.

I almost put this in the ranting corner, but I hate it so much at the moment that it deserved its own thread. Besides, I figure I'm not the only one that hates it.

Why do I hate it? Because I've been disappointed 10 years in a row. That's how long its been since I last got to celebrate it. It sets up these expectations, and even when you're aware they're silly expectations, like a dinner date or some modicum of romance, and that it's really just a commercial holiday, it still makes you disappointed when there's no one who cares enough to celebrate it with you.

Hello lonely people, feel even more like shit today while happy couples rub it in your face.

[Image: bearhugs.jpg]

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-02-2016, 05:56 PM
NSFW
just a bit. Smile

It's a facebook vid, sorry couldn't find it anywhere else.
Big Grin

https://www.facebook.com/curtislepore/vi...347793491/

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
14-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Last night my son told me he wanted a Valentine. I handmade him one.

[Image: A64ABFC3-6EFF-4819-8A2A-6086EC9B67CE_zps9fus860m.jpg]

Glitter was imperative. Glitter is everywhere - as per the norm with any of my projects. Fuck hallmark. I used supplies I had on hand. I blacked out his name.

There had better be Dove dark chocolate on sale tomorrow.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 10 users Like Nurse's post
14-02-2016, 08:33 PM
(14-02-2016 05:46 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm picking up some indian food, watching the Walking Dead and Downton Abbey, drinking some wine, and spending some time with a hot sexy guy later Wink

Woo-hoo! Get Some!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
14-02-2016, 08:35 PM
(14-02-2016 05:56 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  NSFW
just a bit. Smile

It's a facebook vid, sorry couldn't find it anywhere else.
Big Grin

https://www.facebook.com/curtislepore/vi...347793491/

Ohmy Shocking No
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-02-2016, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2016 04:07 PM by jason_delisle.)

I almost put this in the ranting corner, but I hate it so much at the moment that it deserved its own thread. Besides, I figure I'm not the only one that hates it.

Why do I hate it? Because I've been disappointed 10 years in a row. That's how long its been since I last got to celebrate it. It sets up these expectations, and even when you're aware they're silly expectations, like a dinner date or some modicum of romance, and that it's really just a commercial holiday, it still makes you disappointed when there's no one who cares enough to celebrate it with you.

Hello lonely people, feel even more like shit today while happy couples rub it in your face.
Well....my wife died on Feb 15th. So every valentine's day for me is just the day before the anniversary of my wife's death. I also buried my wife on the 21st... my birthday.
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
17-02-2016, 04:12 PM
(17-02-2016 04:02 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  

Well....my wife died on Feb 15th. So every valentine's day for me is just the day before the anniversary of my wife's death. I also buried my wife on the 21st... my birthday.

I imagine February re-ruptures your already broken heart. Sadcryface

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-02-2016, 04:13 PM
(17-02-2016 04:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 04:02 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Well....my wife died on Feb 15th. So every valentine's day for me is just the day before the anniversary of my wife's death. I also buried my wife on the 21st... my birthday.

I imagine February re-ruptures your already broken heart. Sadcryface
Yeah...it still hurts pretty bad. But it is getting better.
17-02-2016, 04:18 PM
(17-02-2016 04:02 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  

*Cry*

I'm sorry man.

*Bro hug*
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
17-02-2016, 04:18 PM
(17-02-2016 04:18 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 04:02 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Well....my wife died on Feb 15th. So every valentine's day for me is just the day before the anniversary of my wife's death. I also buried my wife on the 21st... my birthday.
*Cry*

I'm sorry man.

*Bro hug*
Thanks.