I hate Valentine's Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2016, 04:20 PM
RE: I hate Valentine's Day
(17-02-2016 04:02 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 03:54 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm bitter. Fuck it. Fuck it sooooo hard.

I almost put this in the ranting corner, but I hate it so much at the moment that it deserved its own thread. Besides, I figure I'm not the only one that hates it.

Why do I hate it? Because I've been disappointed 10 years in a row. That's how long its been since I last got to celebrate it. It sets up these expectations, and even when you're aware they're silly expectations, like a dinner date or some modicum of romance, and that it's really just a commercial holiday, it still makes you disappointed when there's no one who cares enough to celebrate it with you.

Hello lonely people, feel even more like shit today while happy couples rub it in your face.
Well....my wife died on Feb 15th. So every valentine's day for me is just the day before the anniversary of my wife's death. I also buried my wife on the 21st... my birthday.

It sucks to have those built in reminders. I got married on July 5, and our divorce was finalized on my birthday, so I can kind of relate. Although not on quite the same level... Sad

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2016, 04:38 PM
(17-02-2016 04:02 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 03:54 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm bitter. Fuck it. Fuck it sooooo hard.

I almost put this in the ranting corner, but I hate it so much at the moment that it deserved its own thread. Besides, I figure I'm not the only one that hates it.

Why do I hate it? Because I've been disappointed 10 years in a row. That's how long its been since I last got to celebrate it. It sets up these expectations, and even when you're aware they're silly expectations, like a dinner date or some modicum of romance, and that it's really just a commercial holiday, it still makes you disappointed when there's no one who cares enough to celebrate it with you.

Hello lonely people, feel even more like shit today while happy couples rub it in your face.
Well....my wife died on Feb 15th. So every valentine's day for me is just the day before the anniversary of my wife's death. I also buried my wife on the 21st... my birthday.
Hug
17-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Meh. When I'm with a gal I try for romance year 'round, fall short often enough, and VD is the opportunity to make those failures up.

When I'm flying solo, I'm not worried, because love happens in its own time and I don't look to others for self-validation.

Pretty much a wash to me.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
17-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Hobbit decided she needed to wake us up at almost 5 am Valentines morning, so we exchanged chocolates and then went to a 6 am breakfast. A blast was had by all.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
17-02-2016, 05:01 PM
[Image: 7XlifAD.jpg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 8 users Like Smercury44's post
17-02-2016, 05:03 PM
(17-02-2016 05:01 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  [Image: 7XlifAD.jpg]

GaspBlinkThumbsupLaughatDrooling
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
17-02-2016, 05:05 PM
(17-02-2016 05:03 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 05:01 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  [Image: 7XlifAD.jpg]

GaspBlinkThumbsupLaughatDrooling

I laughed so hard when I saw it Laugh out load the safety goggles Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
17-02-2016, 05:08 PM
(17-02-2016 05:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 05:03 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  GaspBlinkThumbsupLaughatDrooling

I laughed so hard when I saw it Laugh out load the safety goggles Laugh out load

You had me at Cockanator my dear ROFL
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
17-02-2016, 05:40 PM
(17-02-2016 04:13 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 04:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  I imagine February re-ruptures your already broken heart. Sadcryface
Yeah...it still hurts pretty bad. But it is getting better.

I'm so sorry Jason Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
17-02-2016, 05:41 PM
(17-02-2016 04:20 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 04:02 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Well....my wife died on Feb 15th. So every valentine's day for me is just the day before the anniversary of my wife's death. I also buried my wife on the 21st... my birthday.

It sucks to have those built in reminders. I got married on July 5, and our divorce was finalized on my birthday, so I can kind of relate. Although not on quite the same level... Sad

Here's a hug for you too Beans Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post