I hate Valentine's Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2016, 05:44 PM
RE: I hate Valentine's Day
(17-02-2016 04:02 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Well....my wife died on Feb 15th. So every valentine's day for me is just the day before the anniversary of my wife's death. I also buried my wife on the 21st... my birthday.

Yeah, that could ruin a holiday, no doubt.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2016, 06:11 PM
(17-02-2016 04:20 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 04:02 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Well....my wife died on Feb 15th. So every valentine's day for me is just the day before the anniversary of my wife's death. I also buried my wife on the 21st... my birthday.

It sucks to have those built in reminders. I got married on July 5, and our divorce was finalized on my birthday, so I can kind of relate. Although not on quite the same level... Sad

Sympathies mate I'm going through the same. It's not on the same level as Jason's loss but it sucks all the same.Sad
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
17-02-2016, 08:29 PM

My heart goes out to you JD.

I don’t want to contemplate how I would feel if I lost my wife.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
17-02-2016, 08:40 PM
(17-02-2016 08:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

My heart goes out to you JD.

I don’t want to contemplate how I would feel if I lost my wife.

I'd be shit outta luck.

#sigh
17-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Lots of loss and pain showing here. Weeping Hug all around!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-02-2016, 10:10 PM
(17-02-2016 04:02 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 03:54 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm bitter. Fuck it. Fuck it sooooo hard.

I almost put this in the ranting corner, but I hate it so much at the moment that it deserved its own thread. Besides, I figure I'm not the only one that hates it.

Why do I hate it? Because I've been disappointed 10 years in a row. That's how long its been since I last got to celebrate it. It sets up these expectations, and even when you're aware they're silly expectations, like a dinner date or some modicum of romance, and that it's really just a commercial holiday, it still makes you disappointed when there's no one who cares enough to celebrate it with you.

Hello lonely people, feel even more like shit today while happy couples rub it in your face.
Well....my wife died on Feb 15th. So every valentine's day for me is just the day before the anniversary of my wife's death. I also buried my wife on the 21st... my birthday.

I'm so sorry dear. I understand that a bit. Though not a personal event, my birthday is a national tragedy now. It's impossible to find any joy in it. Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]