I hate autism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2013, 08:21 AM
RE: I hate autism
(01-01-2013 08:11 AM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 10:35 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  ?????

That was not directed to you.

But you gave us no indication of who it was directed at.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2013, 10:08 AM
(01-01-2013 08:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 08:11 AM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  That was not directed to you.

But you gave us no indication of who it was directed at.
You're right. It was directed towards momsurroundedbyboys

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
01-01-2013, 10:10 AM
may I ask why?

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
Find all posts by this user
01-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Whatever for?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-01-2013, 02:46 PM
(01-01-2013 01:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Whatever for?
It just seems that you were trolling.

01-01-2013, 02:52 PM
(01-01-2013 02:46 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 01:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Whatever for?
It just seems that you were trolling.

Um nope. I don't troll. I have no reson to troll. Did you read or even look at the thread?
01-01-2013, 03:37 PM
(01-01-2013 02:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 02:46 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  It just seems that you were trolling.

Um nope. I don't troll. I have no reson to troll. Did you read or even look at the thread?

Yes, I did.
I was trying to be funny. My apologies. Due to all the stress received by having to take care of your son, I understand why you'd make a thread such as this.
Not trying to be rude (I'm just curious), but what is his IQ score?
Also, does he have classic autism or AS?

01-01-2013, 03:54 PM
(01-01-2013 03:37 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 02:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Um nope. I don't troll. I have no reson to troll. Did you read or even look at the thread?

Yes, I did.
I was trying to be funny. My apologies. Due to all the stress received by having to take care of your son, I understand why you'd make a thread such as this.
Not trying to be rude (I'm just curious), but what is his IQ score?
Also, does he have classic autism or AS?
Fair enough. We haven't had his IQ tested, he's in 7th grade and reading at just the 3rd grade level. He was diagnosed with classic autism, but is incredibly high functioning and probably has more in common with AS. The sticking point for him seems surround when he began really talking -- he wasn't overtly verbal before the age of three -- but he did talk...and could get a point across. It was more that he preferred not to talk -- or others spoke for him -- added to the fact he was born prematurely by a couple months...That's why he wasn't diagnosed until he began school.

All that said, he's really witty, but doesn't get why -- which sometimes adds to it.
04-01-2013, 01:59 AM
What one considers "normal" would not really fit to someone on the spectrum, but just because it's different, doesn't mean it's always bad. Neurotypicals (NT's) have a hard time to understand certain behaviors and they can't be blamed for it, but saying that they hate autism is quite shocking. Would you tell the same thing if a child would have any other disability or disorder? Would that make them less worthy? Think about it.

And as far as difficulties go, there are plenty of places to check out and get help. Take a look at Wrong Planet. This is by far one of the largest autism communities worldwide and you'll get first hand info from those who know best about themselves: the ones who are on the spectrum.

Good luck to the OP + son.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
04-01-2013, 02:10 AM
(04-01-2013 01:59 AM)pxlgirl Wrote:  What one considers "normal" would not really fit to someone on the spectrum, but just because it's different, doesn't mean it's always bad. Neurotypicals (NT's) have a hard time to understand certain behaviors and they can't be blamed for it, but saying that they hate autism is quite shocking. Would you tell the same thing if a child would have any other disability or disorder? Would that make them less worthy? Think about it.

And as far as difficulties go, there are plenty of places to check out and get help. Take a look at Wrong Planet. This is by far one of the largest autism communities worldwide and you'll get first hand info from those who know best about themselves: the ones who are on the spectrum.

Good luck to the OP + son.
As I've already explained, this post came about after a few bad days. Do I really hate his autism? NO...do I sometimes wish he didn't have it...um..ya! I'm honest enough to admit that. Yes I've been to wrong planet...and it's a great place...but I need to clarify I wasn't asking for help...I was just letting go of some frustrations that I was feeling at that time.

Having said that...many other people have found it useful from both a parent's perspective and others right here who are on the ASD spectrum. So I don't really regret anymore writing this post -- like I did before. It's served a purpose and I'm quite happy with that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post