I hate autism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2012, 09:24 PM
RE: I hate autism
dafuq, I leave for 3 days and this happens. WHY DO I ALWAYS MISS THE PARTIES. However it seems like the culprit has left and everyone resolved their crap.

Anyway I just wanted to report that I finally got a girl I've been working with to order her own meal. and yesterday she went shoppi g with her mother and was able to communicate with the sales rep. GREAT SUCCESS, this took sooo long, like a year and I'm only 16.

So yeah ridin that high right into the holidays.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
19-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Lumi,

I agree with you whole heartedly. I just think that if we neural typicals communicate better, and change the way we look at and think of language, eventually we will better learn to communicate with you.

It isn't YOUR problem that I don't understand you, it's MINE. If I find a better way to communicate that makes sense to you, then we can communicate.

I think the inclusion of different types of language, not just phonetic language like English, but more emotive language like sign language and more iconographic language (like Chinese writing or Egyptian hieroglyphs) and maybe even a tactile language all together would better communicate ideas for everyone and would make language accessible to people for whom it isn't.

More widespread understanding of the differences in how ASD changes lanfuage processing and expression would help too. But it has taken decades and deaf people still get negative reactions and not everyone understands how different it is to communicate with your hands.

I'm just being wishful and idealistic, but it would be nice.
19-12-2012, 10:03 PM
everyone is getting along (=´∀`)人(´∀`=)

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

19-12-2012, 10:05 PM
[Image: Qulu5.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
19-12-2012, 10:12 PM
things like this make me go !(◎_◎; )

20-12-2012, 05:02 AM
(18-12-2012 03:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-12-2012 03:50 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Thank you for that, Lumi. You seem to have a remarkable sense of self-awareness that few people, Aspie or otherwise, can match.
Echo that!
Thanks! Increasing self-awareness seems like an endless task. We tend not to notice things that come to us naturally and then we wonder how could we ever overlook that.
For example, I didn't notice I am obsessive. I either don't care about things, or get entirely obsessed, not much in between. The things I find out through self-awareness, I get obsessed over them, regardless if I can do anything or not. Obsession over things we can't change is like accelerating on top gear with pulled handbrake. It causes not acting, anxiety and depression (and a plenty of headaches, I suspect). Now I'm aware of the obsession and consciously try to stop that habit. I just hope I won't get obsessed with not being obsessive Smile

(19-12-2012 10:01 PM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  Lumi,
I agree with you whole heartedly. I just think that if we neural typicals communicate better, and change the way we look at and think of language, eventually we will better learn to communicate with you.
It isn't YOUR problem that I don't understand you, it's MINE. If I find a better way to communicate that makes sense to you, then we can communicate.
I think the inclusion of different types of language, not just phonetic language like English, but more emotive language like sign language and more iconographic language (like Chinese writing or Egyptian hieroglyphs) and maybe even a tactile language all together would better communicate ideas for everyone and would make language accessible to people for whom it isn't.
Well, why do you think people invented the internet, emoticons and forums with topics? Big Grin Engineers faced the same problem of communicating on a distance and hanging out (not) together in some structured manner and this was their solution. By being here you already accommodate to me.

English is fine, for now. I only resent it's not phonetic, a single letter may be pronounced with multiple sounds, it's a convention. It makes listening and speaking harder for those who learn from text/books (foreigners) and those who learn by listening (natives) have trouble with spelling and grammar. But that's easily fixed, here I think in spelling, not in phonetics.

(19-12-2012 10:01 PM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  More widespread understanding of the differences in how ASD changes lanfuage processing and expression would help too. But it has taken decades and deaf people still get negative reactions and not everyone understands how different it is to communicate with your hands.

I'm just being wishful and idealistic, but it would be nice.
You might want to check out Jacque Fresco. He's more than an engineer, he speaks of a language that has no personal interpretation, that is entirely non-ambiguous in meaning. I can't find it now, but I wrote about it, it was somewhere in a FAQ.

If an advanced alien artificial intelligence machine would be asked to describe humanity in one word, it would choose "gullible". (Ian Banks, The Culture series) We communicate too well, too automatically, with too little control, we're perfect copycats of memes and ideologies. If the people on spectrum can teach us anything, then it's taking apart what we always took for granted in the society and ourselves, analyzing it, taking back the control of it. Throwing out the harmful and non-essential, so there's a place for a new way to live.

A new platform of co-existence. The world of computers and law taught us, that we can take nothing for granted. Nothing exists there, unless it's positively defined and explicitly built. As social beings, we're like computers without a firewall and antivirus. We use the engine that the evolution built for us, but we also pay the price of being tribally divided, vulnerable to self-serving ideologies/meme systems (nationalism, money, religion) and unable to act outside our tribes. The solution is to be aware of that contract again, be conscious users of our biologic heritage and to work to supplement it with our own solutions.
As a guy on the spectrum, I'm cut off from a lot of the evolutionary heritage, whether I want or not, so I'm in a position to re-evaluate much of it. But I really admire those who aren't cut off, yet they did come to see it all objectively.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
20-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Ooh! Research fodder, thank you, thank you, thank you, there is nothing so fun as random research for the sheer joy of learning something! Yay! Nerd-dance.
20-12-2012, 01:43 PM
(20-12-2012 01:34 PM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  Ooh! Research fodder, thank you, thank you, thank you, there is nothing so fun as random research for the sheer joy of learning something! Yay! Nerd-dance.

Um...I can think of several things that are more fun than random research. Huh
Banana_zorro

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-12-2012, 03:29 PM
(20-12-2012 01:43 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-12-2012 01:34 PM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  Ooh! Research fodder, thank you, thank you, thank you, there is nothing so fun as random research for the sheer joy of learning something! Yay! Nerd-dance.

Um...I can think of several things that are more fun than random research. Huh
Banana_zorro

A massive DnD game? I'm sure there are things that other people take joy in more than research, but for me, that's ridiculously fun. Yes, I'm THAT nerd.
21-12-2012, 07:50 AM
(19-12-2012 09:24 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  dafuq, I leave for 3 days and this happens. WHY DO I ALWAYS MISS THE PARTIES. However it seems like the culprit has left and everyone resolved their crap.

Anyway I just wanted to report that I finally got a girl I've been working with to order her own meal. and yesterday she went shoppi g with her mother and was able to communicate with the sales rep. GREAT SUCCESS, this took sooo long, like a year and I'm only 16.

So yeah ridin that high right into the holidays.
Congratulations! Looks like you're having success and a very meaningful job to help that girl. I'd like to know more.
How did you get to such a job, so young, probably without caretaking or psychologic courses? Are you volunteering? Most of guys were at this age either troubled, or too busy having fun, drinking whatever flows and smoking whatever grows.

Are you somewhere on the spectrum?

And, what do you think about this website, written by Hubert Cross? It's a comprehensive guide, I think. Would be any of this useful to you?
It really helped me to realize, what does mindblindness really, exactly mean. For example, never until today I understood why people invite me into the pub. They invited me and I didn't know why, when, where, or what is a cost-benefit ratio of that step, so I just got a little confused, agreed and gave them my number to send me once they decide where and when. If they won't call, then I'll know I should have been more decided and enthusiastic about the invitation.
It was like inviting a deaf person to a concert or a blind person to a theater. That is, inviting a mindblind person to a people-place.