I hate autism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: I hate autism
(19-12-2012 10:05 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  [Image: Qulu5.jpg]

Ha, that bitch can't even spell.
I'd love to refute her ignorance (as my name says), but that'd be a waste of time.

Happy Holidays to y'all.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2012, 01:41 AM
(21-12-2012 05:40 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  
(19-12-2012 10:05 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  [Image: Qulu5.jpg]

Ha, that bitch can't even spell.
I'd love to refute her ignorance (as my name says), but that'd be a waste of time.

At least one other person has already done that:

http://mnosal49.wordpress.com/2012/12/19...n-violent/

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
24-12-2012, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2012 05:49 PM by Xinoftruden.)
(21-12-2012 07:50 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(19-12-2012 09:24 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  dafuq, I leave for 3 days and this happens. WHY DO I ALWAYS MISS THE PARTIES. However it seems like the culprit has left and everyone resolved their crap.

Anyway I just wanted to report that I finally got a girl I've been working with to order her own meal. and yesterday she went shoppi g with her mother and was able to communicate with the sales rep. GREAT SUCCESS, this took sooo long, like a year and I'm only 16.

So yeah ridin that high right into the holidays.
Congratulations! Looks like you're having success and a very meaningful job to help that girl. I'd like to know more.
How did you get to such a job, so young, probably without caretaking or psychologic courses? Are you volunteering? Most of guys were at this age either troubled, or too busy having fun, drinking whatever flows and smoking whatever grows.

Are you somewhere on the spectrum?

And, what do you think about this website, written by Hubert Cross? It's a comprehensive guide, I think. Would be any of this useful to you?
It really helped me to realize, what does mindblindness really, exactly mean. For example, never until today I understood why people invite me into the pub. They invited me and I didn't know why, when, where, or what is a cost-benefit ratio of that step, so I just got a little confused, agreed and gave them my number to send me once they decide where and when. If they won't call, then I'll know I should have been more decided and enthusiastic about the invitation.
It was like inviting a deaf person to a concert or a blind person to a theater. That is, inviting a mindblind person to a people-place.

Yes I am on the spectrum. I have aspergers.
I was diagnosed at 10 and managed to work out the kinks in my life a year later. I work with others because I have a decent understanding of how people on the spectrum work and because I worked through my own issues fairly quickly.

The whole mindblindness thing I think is a bit of an overstatement. People on the spectrum don't really develope full social tool kits so they need to develope them later on. That would be the making sense part. However this is fairly simple if I can convince them to work with me.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
30-12-2012, 03:02 AM
(24-12-2012 05:43 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Yes I am on the spectrum. I have aspergers.
I was diagnosed at 10 and managed to work out the kinks in my life a year later. I work with others because I have a decent understanding of how people on the spectrum work and because I worked through my own issues fairly quickly.

The whole mindblindness thing I think is a bit of an overstatement. People on the spectrum don't really develope full social tool kits so they need to develope them later on. That would be the making sense part. However this is fairly simple if I can convince them to work with me.
I forgot to ask you earlier, but I'm very curious. If you are comfortable sharing it, what kind of method did you use after you were diagnosed? To "work out the kinks" of your life in a mere year is an awful short time, seems like a miracle. Were you involved in a therapy, if so, what kind of therapy? Did you receive any materials that you can describe or share?

I got self-diagnosed only this year in April or so and since then I've been very busy, relocating and all. I can't think of what should I want from the system, do they have anything to offer in terms of therapy, school conditions or medical system benefits? Is it worth getting an official diagnosis?
I've been considering at least to get analyzed with focus on my memorizing and learning style, I'm not sure at all which learning style is my best. I either care about things very much or very little and then the medium doesn't matter. But surely there must be some better alternative to listening to a teacher+reading from the projection+trying to write it down for later+remembering nothing. And an official paper might give me leverage in negotiation to get the materials in some better form.
30-12-2012, 07:52 AM
(30-12-2012 03:02 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I got self-diagnosed only this year in April or so and since then I've been very busy, relocating and all. I can't think of what should I want from the system, do they have anything to offer in terms of therapy, school conditions or medical system benefits? Is it worth getting an official diagnosis?

What does "I got self-diagnosed" mean? That's rather awkwardly phrased.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-12-2012, 12:37 PM
(30-12-2012 07:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  What does "I got self-diagnosed" mean? That's rather awkwardly phrased.
It's supposed to mean I'm self-diagnosed. Drinking Beverage Need to work my engrish skilz.
31-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Well most of my issues were linked to ADHD so when I went on meds they went away.

Aspergers was bit wierder to deal with. Basically one day I thought that if I wanted to operate in the world than I am going to have to act like the people around me. So I mimiced them until I had the basics down and then developed my outward self out of the kluge of people I had become. That process took about a year. However I still walk around with a facecloth to smell. Mainly because it has the same effect as any relaxant/antidepressany, but is a hundred times stronger. That's how I deal with the massive amount of input I receive during the day.

I would always go for the official diagnoses, there are many things similiar to aspergers (bi-polar, schizo, mpd) that are so much worse.

As for learning styles I would have to talk to you or meet you in person. I learn in all three ways seeing, hearing and doing and the only reason my memory doesn't count as Idetic is because my short term memory is brutal. Also I write on blank paper becuase the lines bother me.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

31-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Try again.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

31-12-2012, 10:35 PM
?????

01-01-2013, 08:11 AM
(31-12-2012 10:35 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  ?????

That was not directed to you.