I hate being told I am not an Atheist :O(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2014, 02:03 PM
I hate being told I am not an Atheist :O(
I was just with a group of people and some lady said, "You're not really an Atheist, you're too nice a person." I let her have it with both barrels. Just because I'm an Atheist doesn't mean I am a bad person, and don't have any morals. I have more morals in my little finger than a lot of Christians I know. I have known her for 6 years and I told her I was an Atheist the entire time she has known me. Then my friend says how I know the bible forward and backwards...I told her that most Atheists do.....that's was why I (we) became Atheists...the more I read the more I knew it wasn't true. What the fuck is wrong with people ?????
I wish I had a good comeback....I am told that all the time. How do you talk to someone so stupid????Gasp

Please remember the Native American Indians Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like justauntb's post
23-08-2014, 02:09 PM
RE: I hate being told I am not an Atheist :O(
(23-08-2014 02:03 PM)justauntb Wrote:  I was just with a group of people and some lady said, "You're not really an Atheist, you're too nice a person." I let her have it with both barrels. Just because I'm an Atheist doesn't mean I am a bad person, and don't have any morals. I have more morals in my little finger than a lot of Christians I know. I have known her for 6 years and I told her I was an Atheist the entire time she has known me. Then my friend says how I know the bible forward and backwards...I told her that most Atheists do.....that's was why I (we) became Atheists...the more I read the more I knew it wasn't true. What the fuck is wrong with people ?????
I wish I had a good comeback....I am told that all the time. How do you talk to someone so stupid????Gasp

I think I'd calmly ask her how many atheist she actually knows. (Oh really ? One ? None ?) Then maybe make a comment like that in light of the judgmental reaction she served up, does she really think if any of her friends were actually non-believers, that they would discuss it in her presence.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-08-2014, 02:12 PM
"Oh well obviously you're a christian, being such a judgmental asshole." If you never wanted to speak to them again Big Grin

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 10 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Some people are so deeply brainwashed they can't see past the bullshit they're swimming in. What kills me is that they don't have a clue that it's offensive.
If I said to a christian "You're pretty damn nice for a christian" they'd think I'm an asshole.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
23-08-2014, 02:37 PM
(23-08-2014 02:03 PM)justauntb Wrote:  "You're not really an Atheist, you're too nice a person."
---
How do you talk to someone so stupid???? Gasp

Say this: You're not really a - woman - , you're too intelligent.

Really, it's just fill in the blank - could be "christian" "black person" "business manager" "supermodel" "professor" ... anything one reveres about themselves.

Stupid people are going to be stupid.... something to get used to, sadly. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
23-08-2014, 03:37 PM
.."actually I am just a reflection of most atheists, that is why less then 1% of US prisoners are atheists, it seems we have morals..."

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
23-08-2014, 06:26 PM
(23-08-2014 02:03 PM)justauntb Wrote:  I was just with a group of people and some lady said, "You're not really an Atheist, you're too nice a person." I let her have it with both barrels. Just because I'm an Atheist doesn't mean I am a bad person, and don't have any morals. I have more morals in my little finger than a lot of Christians I know. I have known her for 6 years and I told her I was an Atheist the entire time she has known me. Then my friend says how I know the bible forward and backwards...I told her that most Atheists do.....that's was why I (we) became Atheists...the more I read the more I knew it wasn't true. What the fuck is wrong with people ?????

Nah, atheists don't have morals; we're too busy worshipping Satan for that, obviously. Come on, man; get with the program, jeez!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
24-08-2014, 12:28 AM
(23-08-2014 06:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Nah, atheists don't have morals; we're too busy worshipping Satan for that, obviously. Come on, man; get with the program, jeez!

Well, it is possible he just hasn't gotten his decoder ring in the mail yet.

[Image: joqwlzm4ikvmva3og0aiyw13502.jpeg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-08-2014, 12:42 AM
If you don't care what that person thinks...and why would you...then "Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass" should get the point across.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
24-08-2014, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2014 06:05 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
Quote:You're not really an Atheist, you're too nice a person."

You: yes I am, both atheist and nice. Why do you think Atheists wouldn't be nice.?
Her: because I believed some shit that a pastor told me.
You: maybe you should rethink who you get your information from. Try stopping and considering the source next time.

Plant that seed of doubt, question everything.

Edited to add another thought.
Make assholes own up to their asshole remarks. When she questioned you, she was being as asshole. Make her own it, be embarrassed by it and maybe in the future she won't choose to own it anymore. Reply calmly, because being a jerk to her just reinforces her idea that atheists aren't nice.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post