I hate it when believers try to flip the burden of proof,I go mad!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2011, 07:12 PM

Exclamation I hate it when believers try to flip the burden of proof,I go mad!
Um....it just makes me steaming mad when believers ask the non-believers to disprove the deity that the believer's believe.Angry If you're a non-believer, post your best argument against believers flipping the burden of proof.Anyway, here's my argument:

Here's an analogy.A student by the name of John enters a class room and sees 20 students. He takes a sit in the class, only to discover that someone placed glue in that sit and now it's all over his pants. He suspect that one of the 20 students in that class placed the glue on his sit(after all, the glue couldn't just magically appear on their sit. One of those students had to have placed it there) but, he have no evidence that any of them did it.Regardless of this,John makes an assertive claim that one student out of the 20 other students placed the glue on his sit, this student goes by the name of Paul.

Paul denies the claim that John made about him placing the glue on the sit, because there's no evidence for the claim.John replies "No evidence for my claim, isn't evidence against my claim.Prove you didn't do it."

John is a hypocrite and here's why. They're up to 20 other students in the class that could have place the glue on his sit and so far, there's no evidence that any of them could have done it and there's no evidence that any of them couldn't have done it.To assert that one of them did it with no evidence while excluding the others with no evidence would be highly hypocritical considering that any one of them could have did it excluding the others.There is a chance that you could be wrong and the real culprit will just walk away free.This is not a chance that one should be willing to take as the culprit might strike again *LOL* to avoid this hypocrisy is to not make ANY assertion until evidence is proved to support a assertion.End of analogy.

As a non-believer, I don't believe in any religions because there's no evidence for any religion.If a believer thinks that no evidence for there belief isn't evidence against there belief and I also hold a burden of proof to disprove there belief.Fine, as long as they accepted that they have a burden of proof to disprove every religion that isn't there's because no evidence for any other belief isn't evidence against any other belief. Unlike me, they would be a hypocrite. Because they don't believe in other belief's with no evidence, yet they believe in a belief with no evidence. To end this hypocrisy, they MUST ACCEPT THAT THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON THEM AND THEM ALONE!thank you..............Sleepy

Fellow non-believers, now I'd like to hear your argument against believers trying to flip the burden of proof on you.My ears are open.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes digitali's post
16-08-2011, 07:27 PM
RE: I hate it when believers try to flip the burden of proof,I go mad!
I get this from family members all the time, wanting me to disprove god. I just ask them for proof of god's existence and then point out that every piece of supposed evidence for god they give me can also be applied to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then they give me reasons that their evidence doesn't prove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I then repeat those reasons back to them, applying them to god, and laugh to myself that they have just debunked their own supposed evidence. Sad thing is they never realise that they have defeated their own argument, they just say that the evidence doesn't apply to FSM because FSM is stupid whereas god isn't because people have believed in him for centuries.

I suppose when confronted by theists trying to flip the burden of proof I tend to write them off as a lost cause. At that point I just toy with them for amusement Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
16-08-2011, 07:50 PM

(16-08-2011 07:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I get this from family members all the time, wanting me to disprove god. I just ask them for proof of god's existence and then point out that every piece of supposed evidence for god they give me can also be applied to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then they give me reasons that their evidence doesn't prove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I then repeat those reasons back to them, applying them to god, and laugh to myself that they have just debunked their own supposed evidence. Sad thing is they never realise that they have defeated their own argument, they just say that the evidence doesn't apply to FSM because FSM is stupid whereas god isn't because people have believed in him for centuries.

I suppose when confronted by theists trying to flip the burden of proof I tend to write them off as a lost cause. At that point I just toy with them for amusement Smile.

So true fellow non-believer but, you do know that you can apply the evidence that they give to prove their religion to other religions that do really believe(not parody religions) like Hellenism,Hinduism,Islam,Zoroastrianism,Judaism and other religions I can't remember of the top of my head. Big Grin Most of the evidence provide doesn't proof any specific religion.
Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2011, 08:16 PM
check this video:

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
16-08-2011, 08:21 PM
(16-08-2011 07:50 PM)digitali Wrote:  So true fellow non-believer but, you do know that you can apply the evidence that they give to prove their religion to other religions that do really believe(not parody religions) like Hellenism,Hinduism,Islam,Zoroastrianism,Judaism and other religions I can't remember of the top of my head. Big Grin Most of the evidence provide doesn't proof any specific religion.

I should do really shouldn't I? I suppose usually I have already written whoever I'm talking to off as a lost cause. Next time I think I might try applying their 'logic' to Islam as opposed to FSM and see what reaction I get, the result would probably be the same but worth a try, should be amusing to see the look on their faces when I say 'congratulations, you've just proved the existence of Allah' Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
16-08-2011, 10:13 PM
(16-08-2011 07:50 PM)digitali Wrote:  
(16-08-2011 07:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I get this from family members all the time, wanting me to disprove god. I just ask them for proof of god's existence and then point out that every piece of supposed evidence for god they give me can also be applied to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then they give me reasons that their evidence doesn't prove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I then repeat those reasons back to them, applying them to god, and laugh to myself that they have just debunked their own supposed evidence. Sad thing is they never realise that they have defeated their own argument, they just say that the evidence doesn't apply to FSM because FSM is stupid whereas god isn't because people have believed in him for centuries.

So true fellow non-believer but, you do know that you can apply the evidence that they give to prove their religion to other religions that do really believe(not parody religions) like Hellenism,Hinduism,Islam,Zoroastrianism,Judaism and other religions I can't remember of the top of my head. Big Grin Most of the evidence provide doesn't proof any specific religion.

Re "I just ask them for proof of god's existence and then point out that every piece of supposed evidence for god they give me can also be applied to the Flying Spaghetti Monster."

I really like that. Such a simple foolproof retort. Thanks!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user