I hate many modern comedies because...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2013, 06:00 PM
I hate many modern comedies because...
...They have tons of vulgar jokes, unfunny slapstick, annoying cliches, and humor LIKE THIS:

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: I hate many modern comedies because...
Was it supposed to be funny? Did something happen visually that I missed? I'm just irritated and confused. This is why I stick to ebooks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2013, 06:11 PM
The only recent comedy series i watched is 2 and a half men(stopped when charlie left) and big bang theory(stopped;shitty romance)

the vulgar language isnt a problem,but most comedies are too cheesy

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
24-08-2013, 07:02 PM
I've heard it said that the entertainment biz is a group of people running to a place where lightning just struck.

For every television show idea which is successful, there are hundreds of knockoffs built on the same style or genre and after a while they just become tiresome with the same tired plots, characters, etc.

Sitcoms really have that problem and are, to be honest really are a type of show which had its heyday in the 60s and 70s. The sitcom genre periodically dies only to be reborn a few years later with a well written and produced show. These days they just don't command the market share that the talent competition, 'reality' show, or episodal dramas do. Even these genres are becoming tiresome and are probably going to give way to emerging social media talent ie 'YouTube celebrities', etc., available on internet streaming.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
25-08-2013, 04:02 AM
Yep, National Lampoon has died, Epic Movie, Superhero Movie, Disaster Movie etc. were terrible.
Adam Sandler was never funny.

But there is good comedy nowadays.
Ben Stiller can still make movies that stay on topic.
HIMYM had a little dip recently but was quite good.
There is still hope!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.