I hate mornings...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2014, 10:53 AM
RE: I hate mornings...
I am barely awake enough to focus this morning. Going to be a long day.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Wish I could sleep that long. I usually wake up about 3:30 with maybe 5 hours sleep. Lay there for about an hour before I give up on going back to sleep. I'd give about anything to be able to sleep through the night.
Find all posts by this user
21-02-2014, 09:17 PM
I am one of those people that they made dual alarm clocks for. Not only do I need to hit the snooze button on one setting, but I have to know that there is the backup second setting. Apparently there is a possibility that something or someone will turn off one of my alarms. Alarm goes off and I swat in the general direction of the snooze button till I actually hit it. I do this three time most days. So, yeah, I set my alarm half an hour earlier than I need to. FML

I finally decide that I am out of the allotted number of snoozes and I get up and put on my glasses. That doesn't really help because my eyes don't focus for about another hour. I get a glass of tea, a BC powder, and light a cigarette. I fire up the laptop and jump out of my skin when the alarm goes off again. So I turn it off and immediately set it again for the next day.

This is when I start figuring out how many minutes it will take to get ready, let the dogs out, feed the critters, and get out the door in time to make it to work. I am still not fully coherent until I get to work, about a 45 minute drive. The fear of death by other drivers usually kick starts my brain.

If only I could figure out how to be the night owl I was born to be and still make it to work I would have it made.

Crappily enough, I will wake up on the weekends half an hour after the time my alarm goes off during the week. So I wake up at the three snooze time anyway.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-02-2014, 09:23 PM
(21-02-2014 08:46 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  Wish I could sleep that long. I usually wake up about 3:30 with maybe 5 hours sleep. Lay there for about an hour before I give up on going back to sleep. I'd give about anything to be able to sleep through the night.

Melatonin. I eat that shit like candy even when I wake up to take a piss in the middle of the night. It works for another 3-4 hours of good sleep.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
21-02-2014, 09:24 PM
I hate waking up early!!! The clock in my bedroom is set about 25mins fast. I've intentionally tried not to figure out how far ahead it actually is, but I still know exactly how many snoozes I get before I have to wake up. The biggest problem? On mornings that I'm EXTRA sleepy, I hit the snooze an extra time. I get to work about ten minutes late. The next morning, sleeping Emily will decide THAT is the snooze I should be waking up on. This vicious cycle keeps going until I'm like 30 mins every day Weeping then I have to try and go back to my original schedule, but sometimes sleeping Emily does what she wants. That sleeping Emily really fucks me over sometimes Angry at least where I work nobody cares as long as I make up the time (which I do, and then some)

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post