I hate my country sometimes!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: I hate my country sometimes!
(08-06-2013 04:33 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 12:31 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  The only limits to free speech should be threats or harassment. If she was not actually threatening or harassing anyone, then the only problem was that she made a distasteful joke that people were offended by. That's no crime, or at least it shouldn't be in any society that claims to value the freedom of expression. Or are we to throw cartoonists in jail because they offend Muslims?

In this country that would totally happen if the cartoons got enough coverage, not even exaggerating.

That's almost insane. No country is perfect I guess.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2013, 12:57 AM
wow, jail time for poor taste jokes?
And in ENGLAND of all places!?

Every time I think I have the world figured out, the conservative right surprise me and show me just how fucking retardedly stupid they make this world.

I'm truly shocked that someone in England would get jail time for posting a joke on their FB or twitter. Truly shocked.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
09-06-2013, 04:39 AM
By comparison I should get 20 years hard labour for the things I put on my Facebook account.

We still have free speech, as long as you are careful who you say things to, where you say it and if it is in public or not Confused

Ive renounced my nationality now because of these woolwich attacks, they were the final straw in me realising how sheepish, hypocritical and apathetic the people of the UK are.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
09-06-2013, 06:28 AM
This is due to the bullshit mentality thats growing in this country where you cant say anything even slightly negative in relation to soldiers because some overly sensitive cry baby will get offended.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
09-06-2013, 12:24 PM
(07-06-2013 08:24 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Here's the bullshit news story of 21 who has only just avoided jail time and been ordered to complete 250 hours of community service for making a joke that referenced the Woolwich murder. She made a joke that anyone wearing a Help for Heroes t-shirt deserved to be beheaded, a reference to the design of the garment. This was posted on her own fucking twitter account! She received replies threatening to rape and kill her but apparently that is totally fine.

There's been a spate of similar cases recently, people posting controversial opinions or even jokes on their own facebook or twitter accounts and facing prosecution for it (most get jail time, this woman only just avoided it because she was unaware of some of the details of the events in Woolwich).

It really makes me embarrassed to be British, you know you're fucking up when even the Americans are handling things better than you!

The British have always had shit slander laws, why the fuck are you on about it now?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]