I hate people sometimes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: I hate people sometimes
(06-04-2015 09:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 09:57 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Did you miss the first line of my post. "While I in no means condone the action". I never said it was okay to vandalise something. I was trying to get across the idea that if you antagonize someone, don't be surprised if they act badly. If insult someone's mother, be prepared to duck a punch.

You don't condone but you do excuse.

In principle yes. In the concrete probably not. The decal was hardly antagonistic to warrant vandalism in my opinion. But then I have a fairly strong live and let live personality.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2015, 12:12 AM
(06-04-2015 08:22 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 11:02 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Okay, so we're adding "Car decals" to the list of things that bother the all powerful guy? Consider

Damn, I was just getting ready to post, "Nothing says omnipotent like being threatened by automobile stick-ons."

I'll have to speed up my game, goddamnit.

The problem is that those stick-ons are on iron chariots. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
07-04-2015, 12:17 AM
(07-04-2015 12:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 08:22 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Damn, I was just getting ready to post, "Nothing says omnipotent like being threatened by automobile stick-ons."

I'll have to speed up my game, goddamnit.

The problem is that those stick-ons are on iron chariots. Yes

"And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron."

-Judges 1:19 KJV

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
07-04-2015, 12:21 AM
(06-04-2015 10:23 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 09:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You don't condone but you do excuse.

In principle yes. In the concrete probably not. The decal was hardly antagonistic to warrant vandalism in my opinion. But then I have a fairly strong live and let live personality.

Slippery slope, TS, slippery slope. What level of violence do you excuse for each level of offence taken?

The only ethically correct answer is 'none'.

You would know this if you actually understood that you were wholly responsible for your morality instead of having to using pretzel logic to figure out what your god wants,

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-04-2015, 12:32 AM
(07-04-2015 12:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 10:23 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  In principle yes. In the concrete probably not. The decal was hardly antagonistic to warrant vandalism in my opinion. But then I have a fairly strong live and let live personality.

Slippery slope, TS, slippery slope. What level of violence do you excuse for each level of offence taken?

The only ethically correct answer is 'none'.

You would know this if you actually understood that you were wholly responsible for your morality instead of having to using pretzel logic to figure out what your god wants,

I swear Chas, you're going out of your way to give me things to Google image search. Tongue

[Image: 29530c1439c18d16b1abeb09dd849eec.jpg]

[Image: wCdk26C.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-04-2015, 04:49 AM
I just love the new hypersensitive America.

(Insert sarcastic homicidal rampage emoticon here)
07-04-2015, 05:07 AM
I hate people sometimes
No, just no. So if someone were to have a sticker for our local Catholic church (they do have them) you'd possibly excuse me ripping it off because of the Catholic response to their scandals?

If the local Egyptian church had bumper stickers, you'd possibly excuse my Jewish friends ripping them because they're offended by their stories of their people being enslaved by Egyptians?

If someone has a Communist hammer & sickle sticker, would you excuse someone ripping it off?

Can the parent of a special needs child rip off the bumper sticker for an honors student?

If I see a Hydra sticker, would you excuse my Captain America friends ripping it off because of what they did to SHIELD?

It's only antagonistic if the beholder decides so.

Instead of finding excuses, why not tell these yahoos to leave other people's shit alone? You can sit here and cry antagonism all you want, but it boils down to leaving others to be. That's something that Christians apparently have had a historical problem with anyway.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
07-04-2015, 05:12 AM
You smelly Jews stay away from my swastika symbol and ill quit knocking off your funny hats.
07-04-2015, 05:15 AM
I hate people sometimes
[Image: dcd262402357c88c0c577103b9c013b9.jpg]
07-04-2015, 05:35 AM
I hate people sometimes
(06-04-2015 09:40 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 07:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  But it's fine for people who aren't Christian to see Christian symbols and messages everywhere? How many churches, crosses, and Bible verses are scattered within eyeshot in nearly every direction. You can't even drive down a fairly deserted highway without seeing three crosses.

You sound like you are saying that Christians can't stand to see an evolve fish...is your faith that weak? Sure seems that way.

The difference is that one of those is antagonistic. An atheist symbol does not have to be antagonistic to other faiths. The decal that he had could have been perceived as a verbal attack on the vandal. As such the vandalism was a reaction to a personal attack. If the decal had been a TTA symbol or something that said "proud atheist" then the vandalism would have been a personal attack agaisnt BD. A cross is promoting one's beliefs at the expense of others. While the dinosaur is.

It is a symbol attacking religion, because I don't like religion. Meaning that it isn't simply an atheist symbol, it's an anti-theism symbol. If a person can't separate themselves from their religion, then they aren't too bright. FSM symbols also mock religion. The Evolve-fish mocks religion. Mocking religion is a right I take very seriously.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick