I hate people sometimes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: I hate people sometimes
(05-04-2015 04:21 PM)pitar Wrote:  Well, it is kinda like an invitation for trouble. Someone took you up on it. You put it on, they took it off. Tit for tat.

Yeah.... no. He has every right to be open about his position.

Quote:Just be happy knowing you're an atheist and dispense with the militant crap.

Putting a decal on your car is militant? Just how thin-skinned are Christians anyway?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
05-04-2015, 04:44 PM
(05-04-2015 04:27 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(05-04-2015 12:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  To be fair, chasing people out of a marketplace with a whip does fall under the purview of WWJD.

Reminded me of this one Laughat
[Image: cK7Fr86.jpg]

To be fair, that was one of the most badass moments in the Gospels. Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
05-04-2015, 05:55 PM
I hate people sometimes
(05-04-2015 04:21 PM)pitar Wrote:  Well, it is kinda like an invitation for trouble. Someone took you up on it. You put it on, they took it off. Tit for tat. Just be happy knowing you're an atheist and dispense with the militant crap.

I'm happy. I also like to decorate my property the way I see fit. So...fuck off.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 6 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
05-04-2015, 06:05 PM
(05-04-2015 04:21 PM)pitar Wrote:  Well, it is kinda like an invitation for trouble.

IKR! Decorating one's private property in a way others don't approve of? It's almost like inviting a bunch of rival gang members into your home. OP is way too reckless.

(05-04-2015 04:21 PM)pitar Wrote:  Just be happy knowing you're an atheist and dispense with the militant crap.

Again, IKR. I bought those Nike shoes as a way to declare war on Puma shoes. I mean, why else would I buy them? Same reason why some people paint their fingernails in a particular color - to declare their militant opposition to the rest of the visible spectrum.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 2 users Like One Above All's post
05-04-2015, 06:14 PM
The argument posed by pitar is the equivalent of "she dressed in a way that was asking for it."

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 6 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
05-04-2015, 07:00 PM
(29-03-2015 06:45 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I am sure they first prayed about it and then asked themselves WWJD? Yup, that's what he would do.

Dont say that ! He might have trashed the whole car, like he did with the temple,Angel
06-04-2015, 05:59 AM
(05-04-2015 04:21 PM)pitar Wrote:  Well, it is kinda like an invitation for trouble. Someone took you up on it. You put it on, they took it off. Tit for tat. Just be happy knowing you're an atheist and dispense with the militant crap.

A decal on one's car is militant? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2015, 06:02 AM
(05-04-2015 04:28 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

Tit for tat???? Nothing he did deserved his property to be damaged.

Are you kidding? Do you know how many braincells the fundy must've lost when he/she found out there are people with different opinions and points of view? Fundies don't have a lot of neurons to work with, you know. He/She did what he/she needed to in order to protect him/herself from further brain damage.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
06-04-2015, 07:47 PM
While I in no means condone the action. I can see some justification in the fact that the decal is somewhat antagonistic. Those decals, while it is true they are an expression of your self, are parodying Christian symbols. This could be considered not necessarily be considered an offense against God but a personal attack. Going Ad absurdam, few people would bat an eye if a decal saying "fuck niggers" was defaced yet the principle is the same. While your decal is in no way near as antagonistic as the example, it still falls in the realm of antagonism.
Also while it may be true that violence is not a proper response to words, remember they do say that the pen is mightier than the sword. Many people have ended up dead and disgraced over words.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
06-04-2015, 07:51 PM
(06-04-2015 07:47 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  While I in no means condone the action. I can see some justification in the fact that the decal is somewhat antagonistic. Those decals, while it is true they are an expression of your self, are parodying Christian symbols. This could be considered not necessarily be considered an offense against God but a personal attack. Going Ad absurdam, few people would bat an eye if a decal saying "fuck niggers" was defaced yet the principle is the same. While your decal is in no way near as antagonistic as the example, it still falls in the realm of antagonism.
Also while it may be true that violence is not a proper response to words, remember they do say that the pen is mightier than the sword. Many people have ended up dead and disgraced over words.

What do you mean by "some justification"?
That the behavior is to be excused?
Or simply that you understand the motivation?
Both? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user