I hate people sometimes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2015, 09:44 PM
RE: I hate people sometimes
(06-04-2015 09:40 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  The difference is that one of those is antagonistic. An atheist symbol does not have to be antagonistic to other faiths. The decal that he had could have been perceived as a verbal attack on the vandal. As such the vandalism was a reaction to a personal attack. If the decal had been a TTA symbol or something that said "proud atheist" then the vandalism would have been a personal attack agaisnt BD. A cross is promoting one's beliefs at the expense of others. While the dinosaur is.

WUT?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2015, 09:45 PM
(06-04-2015 09:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 09:40 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  The difference is that one of those is antagonistic. An atheist symbol does not have to be antagonistic to other faiths. The decal that he had could have been perceived as a verbal attack on the vandal. As such the vandalism was a reaction to a personal attack. If the decal had been a TTA symbol or something that said "proud atheist" then the vandalism would have been a personal attack agaisnt BD. A cross is promoting one's beliefs at the expense of others. While the dinosaur is.

WUT?

*Not. My bad. Smile

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
06-04-2015, 09:47 PM
(06-04-2015 09:45 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 09:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  WUT?

*Not. My bad. Smile

Yeah, okay.

So vandalism is okay with you if the vandal is offended? Do you actually think before you speak?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
06-04-2015, 09:57 PM
(06-04-2015 09:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 09:45 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  *Not. My bad. Smile

Yeah, okay.

So vandalism is okay with you if the vandal is offended? Do you actually think before you speak?

Did you miss the first line of my post. "While I in no means condone the action". I never said it was okay to vandalise something. I was trying to get across the idea that if you antagonize someone, don't be surprised if they act badly. If insult someone's mother, be prepared to duck a punch.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
06-04-2015, 09:59 PM
(06-04-2015 09:57 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 09:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah, okay.

Did you miss the first line of my post. "While I in no means condone the action". I never said it was okay to vandalise something. I was trying to get across the idea that if you antagonize someone, don't be surprised if they act badly. If insult someone's mother, be prepared to duck a punch.

You don't condone but you do excuse.

06-04-2015, 10:00 PM
(06-04-2015 08:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 07:47 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  While I in no means condone the action. I can see some justification in the fact that the decal is somewhat antagonistic. Those decals, while it is true they are an expression of your self, are parodying Christian symbols. This could be considered not necessarily be considered an offense against God but a personal attack. Going Ad absurdam, few people would bat an eye if a decal saying "fuck niggers" was defaced yet the principle is the same. While your decal is in no way near as antagonistic as the example, it still falls in the realm of antagonism.
Also while it may be true that violence is not a proper response to words, remember they do say that the pen is mightier than the sword. Many people have ended up dead and disgraced over words.

Ain't you the dude dangling a big green bow on your dong.
weren't you the guy who used a pic of themselves in a bdsm suit as a profile pic? What of it?

Ps, really sorry if that wasn't you.

- my friend Marc
06-04-2015, 10:03 PM
(06-04-2015 10:00 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 08:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ain't you the dude dangling a big green bow on your dong.
weren't you the guy who used a pic of themselves in a bdsm suit as a profile pic? What of it?

You claim to attend a school where there is no sexual activity. Yet you lay naked on a bed with a bow on your dick for the benefit of a male schoolmate. How is that not sexual?

06-04-2015, 10:11 PM
(06-04-2015 10:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 10:00 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  weren't you the guy who used a pic of themselves in a bdsm suit as a profile pic? What of it?

You claim to attend a school where there is no sexual activity. Yet you lay naked on a bed with a bow on your dick for the benefit of a male schoolmate. How is that not sexual?

And what in the flying turtle fuck does that have to do with this thread? What does my friend and I playing gay chicken have to do with ripping decals off of cars?

- my friend Marc
06-04-2015, 10:18 PM
(06-04-2015 10:00 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 08:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ain't you the dude dangling a big green bow on your dong.

[Image: man-1.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-04-2015, 10:20 PM
(06-04-2015 10:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 10:00 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  weren't you the guy who used a pic of themselves in a bdsm suit as a profile pic? What of it?

[Image: man-1.jpg]

Lookin sexyWink

- my friend Marc