I hate the right wing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 11:47 AM
I hate the right wing
Why is it that the right wing tend to fuck things up? Sure they can get somethings right, but still they do more bad than good. I just wanted to rant about this.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
25-11-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: I hate the right wing
Why is it that the left wing tend to fuck things up? Sure they can get somethings right, but still they do more bad than good. I just wanted to rant about this.

Fuck both parties.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
25-11-2015, 12:05 PM
(25-11-2015 11:53 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Why is it that the left wing tend to fuck things up? Sure they can get somethings right, but still they do more bad than good. I just wanted to rant about this.

Fuck both parties.

I can agree with that.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Both wings are controlled by the same bird, and in my mind that bird is the voters. We have nobody to blame but ourselves for being gullible, idealistic in our preference for blatant lies that sound good rather than the less desirable reality (as demonstrated by those to whom we award with our votes), groupthink prone, and refusing to see things in any color other than black and white.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
25-11-2015, 12:52 PM
(25-11-2015 12:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Both wings are controlled by the same bird, and in my mind that bird is the voters. We have nobody to blame but ourselves for being gullible, idealistic in our preference for blatant lies that sound good rather than the less desirable reality (as demonstrated by those to whom we award with our votes), groupthink prone, and refusing to see things in any color other than black and white.

So flightless bird?

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
25-11-2015, 01:08 PM
(25-11-2015 12:52 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 12:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Both wings are controlled by the same bird, and in my mind that bird is the voters. We have nobody to blame but ourselves for being gullible, idealistic in our preference for blatant lies that sound good rather than the less desirable reality (as demonstrated by those to whom we award with our votes), groupthink prone, and refusing to see things in any color other than black and white.

So flightless bird?

Or new wings. Or if we're prone to crashing either way, then yeah maybe we're better without.

'Murican Canadian
25-11-2015, 01:42 PM
(25-11-2015 12:52 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

So flightless bird?

Well, ostriches actually use their wings, but emu wings are so vestigial they do literally nothing.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
25-11-2015, 01:45 PM
(25-11-2015 01:42 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 12:52 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So flightless bird?

Well, ostriches actually use their wings, but emu wings are so vestigial they do literally nothing.

Then there are dinosaurs.

'Murican Canadian
25-11-2015, 01:50 PM
(25-11-2015 11:47 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Why is it that the right wing tend to fuck things up? Sure they can get somethings right, but still they do more bad than good. I just wanted to rant about this.

The "right" is not a monopoly of Christianity. There are right wing Muslims, right wing Jews, Hindus Buddhists ect ect ect. What gives the right in an label cover are the left who think political correctness is the best way to keep the peace.

The right lack empathy for those outside their label. The left lack the understanding that the right is under the same umbrella of label and holy writings the right uses to justify being dicks.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2015, 01:56 PM
(25-11-2015 01:50 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  The right lack empathy for those outside their label. The left lack the understanding that the right is under the same umbrella of label and holy writings the right uses to justify being dicks.

Well; tribalism is very much a non-partisan character flaw, and identity politics are nobody's sole preserve. What loose correlations exist show the traditional right wing as more individualist and authoritarian and the traditional left wing as more egalitarian and communalist.
(of course, if you frame the basic precepts in positive terms everybody agrees with all of them, but the difference in emphasis is statistically significant)

The real problem is when those primal gutfeels go unexamined, and particularly when that confirmation bias starts to override actual data.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post