I hate the right wing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2015, 02:35 PM
RE: I hate the right wing
Jesus Christ, that was a long fucking post Full Circle. I felt like I was drowning just scrolling over the top of it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
30-11-2015, 12:54 PM
RE: I hate the right wing
(25-11-2015 12:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Both wings are controlled by the same bird, and in my mind that bird is the voters. We have nobody to blame but ourselves for being gullible, idealistic in our preference for blatant lies that sound good rather than the less desirable reality (as demonstrated by those to whom we award with our votes), groupthink prone, and refusing to see things in any color other than black and white.

The problem with "the voters" and "ourselves" is that it is a large collective, and we individually only control one vote. And we only get to place one vote to one of two candidates who have a strong incentive to support various corporate interests, who get donations from rich individuals and companies in ways that don't need to be disclosed.

I'd say our first-past-the-post voting system and our current set of campaign finance laws are more to blame for who ends up in office.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply