I hate this time of year ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2014, 11:56 AM
I hate this time of year ...
The TV schedule is all fucked up. Who gives a rat's ass if the Podunk College Rats are playing the East Bumfuck University Vampires?

And don't get me started on March Madness.Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-10-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: I hate this time of year ...
(05-10-2014 11:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  The TV schedule is all fucked up. Who gives a rat's ass if the Podunk College Rats are playing the East Bumfuck University Vampires?

Do the East Bumfuck Vampires sparkle?

March Madness - basketball makes me gag. The continual squeak of sneakers back and forth across the floor makes me want to jam pencils into my ears. Much like the sound of NASCAR cars roaring around for hours on end.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Forget TV! I hate having to manually light the boiler that heats this place every winter! Gas man tells me it's not leaking, and I don't have anything to worry about, but I smell something funky every start up, gawdamit!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
05-10-2014, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 05:35 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-10-2014 11:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  The TV schedule is all fucked up. Who gives a rat's ass if the Podunk College Rats are playing the East Bumfuck University Vampires?

Netflix is your friend.
And DVD's of old PBS series.
There is almost nothing on TV today that I watch.
My friends are always saying "Did you see bla bla bla ?" (Whatever series it is, normally it has vampires ... always those horny vampires)
I just ask "Oh is that a TV show ?"
Then I get a swat upside the side.

Edit : oops ... upside the HEAD

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-10-2014, 12:13 PM
That just means you are not into a sport. Ok? AND. I hate baseball. and?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
05-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Only thing worth watching on TV this time of year is hockey.Smile
I hate the gloom outside until about April or may. Sad
05-10-2014, 12:32 PM
(05-10-2014 12:13 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  That just means you are not into a sport. Ok? AND. I hate baseball. and?

Nope. I'm just not interested in games between teams of pseudo-amateurs from who-knows-where bollixing up weekend TV.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-10-2014, 01:36 PM

Buttt...look on the bright side. This is the time of year when Halloween/scary movies are played over and over and over...to scare you over and over and over.

If that doesn't excite you, nothing will. Yes

Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
05-10-2014, 02:48 PM
(05-10-2014 12:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Netflix is your friend.
My friends are always saying "Did you see bla bla bla ?" (Whatever series it is, normally it has vampires ... always those horny vampires)

Same. We don't even have cable. I know my wife wouldn't mind having it, but she reads so much neither of us miss it. Friends are always quoting some commercial and giving me shit when I don't recognize it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
05-10-2014, 02:54 PM
(05-10-2014 02:48 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 12:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Netflix is your friend.

Same. We don't even have cable. I know my wife wouldn't mind having it, but she reads so much neither of us miss it. Friends are always quoting some commercial and giving me shit when I don't recognize it.

I'm rather proud of not recognizing any commercials that aren't played during NFL games! I can't stand those, either! Even the "good" ones get old quick!