I hate war.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2013, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 09:19 PM by fstratzero.)
I hate war.
NSFW

I've read a few threads about war, and it seems like we are so disconnected from what it looks like. So I wanted to present you with the Free Syrian Armies struggle to fight for equality, and reconnect the word war with what it really looks like.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: I hate war.
I think some people may call for this video to be removed but only because they are shielded from what is part of everyday life for some people on the planet.

Im sure if they showed this on the news then some people may not be so quick to support war.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
05-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Can you put NSFW on the title of the thread please?

I saw the whole video. It warrants that.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
05-01-2013, 09:25 PM
(05-01-2013 08:40 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think some people may call for this video to be removed but only because they are shielded from what is part of everyday life for some people on the planet.

Im sure if they showed this on the news then some people may not be so quick to support war.
I used to think about war very differently. Much like american society does today, until I started to hunt down videos on the opposite side of the conflicts in Iraq, and Afganistan. After doing that I realized that simple three letter word war, carries with it a reality we are sheilded from.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
05-01-2013, 10:08 PM
(05-01-2013 09:25 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 08:40 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think some people may call for this video to be removed but only because they are shielded from what is part of everyday life for some people on the planet.

I used to think about war very differently. Much like american society does today, until I started to hunt down videos on the opposite side of the conflicts in Iraq, and Afganistan. After doing that I realized that simple three letter word war, carries with it a reality we are sheilded from.
There is a lot of money in war, a lot of corporations worldwide making large sums in war "paraphernalia", war can even drive economies when needed.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
05-01-2013, 10:14 PM
"If they want eternal war, well and good; we accept the issue, and will dispossess them and put our friends in their place. I know thousands and millions of good people who at simple notice would come to North Alabama and accept the elegant houses and plantations there. If the people of Huntsville think different, let them persist in war three years longer, and then they will not be consulted. Three years ago by a little reflection and patience they could have had a hundred years of peace and prosperity, but they preferred war; very well. Last year they could have saved their slaves, but now it is too late.

All the powers of earth cannot restore to them their slaves, any more than their dead grandfathers. Next year their lands will be taken, for in war we can take them, and rightfully, too, and in another year they may beg in vain for their lives. A people who will persevere in war beyond a certain limit ought to know the consequences. Many, many peoples with less pertinacity have been wiped out of national existence.

Suppress it! You don’t know the horrible aspects of war. I’ve been through two wars and I know. I’ve seen cities and homes in ashes. I’ve seen thousands of men lying on the ground, their dead faces looking up at the skies. I tell you, war is Hell!"

- William Tecumseh Sherman

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
05-01-2013, 10:15 PM
(05-01-2013 10:08 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 09:25 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I used to think about war very differently. Much like american society does today, until I started to hunt down videos on the opposite side of the conflicts in Iraq, and Afganistan. After doing that I realized that simple three letter word war, carries with it a reality we are sheilded from.
There is a lot of money in war, a lot of corporations worldwide making large sums in war "paraphernalia", war can even drive economies when needed.
They say life is priceless, and that war is everlasting.

Poonjab
05-01-2013, 10:34 PM
(05-01-2013 10:08 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 09:25 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I used to think about war very differently. Much like american society does today, until I started to hunt down videos on the opposite side of the conflicts in Iraq, and Afganistan. After doing that I realized that simple three letter word war, carries with it a reality we are sheilded from.
War also liberates people from oppressive regimes, sometimes necessary to protect the weak etc...

War is not necessarily bad. Violent definitely, but 'violent' and 'bad' are two separate things.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
05-01-2013, 10:57 PM
(05-01-2013 10:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 10:08 PM)bemore Wrote:  There is a lot of money in war, a lot of corporations worldwide making large sums in war "paraphernalia", war can even drive economies when needed.
War also liberates people from oppressive regimes, sometimes necessary to protect the weak etc...

War is not necessarily bad. Violent definitely, but 'violent' and 'bad' are two separate things.
Though I find it more preferable if no one gets hurt, I agree.

Poonjab
06-01-2013, 12:07 AM
(05-01-2013 10:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 10:08 PM)bemore Wrote:  There is a lot of money in war, a lot of corporations worldwide making large sums in war "paraphernalia", war can even drive economies when needed.

True, on both accounts...

However, the FSA has had their own connections to terrorists who do not deny and do not criticize their terrorist compatriots. Funded by Monarchies to support some type of "Democracies" sounds as ridiculous as Austria, Russia, Britain, and France supporting Greece for genuine feelings toward Greece rather than just wanting to take out the Ottomans.

Though the FSA also targets children, and reportedly recruit them into their army.

In this War, there isn't a true-clear-cut Good guy and Bad Guy.