I hate when...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2010, 05:56 PM

I hate when...
...Christians look to space, and say that that couldn't have been caused by chance, it had to have been "God!" I've also heard them state that there are so many things going on in our cells that we don't know off, and since mathematicians can't put equations on them (apparently), it has to be a divine power acting on us.

It's basically like saying: if there's no logical answer to anything, it's "God.'

I hate ignorance.
Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2010, 09:33 PM
RE: I hate when...
Yeah, god-of-the-gaps arguments are painfully annoying, and made even more so by the fact that they seem physically incapable of understanding why it's logically invalid.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2010, 09:46 PM
When they can prove that each and every other possible explanation, yet conceived or not, is definitively impossible is the day I worship a god. Ironic little thing, I was on a Young-Earth Christian site that was talking about pictures taken by the Hubble telescope. They were talking about the silly little descriptions that proposed that space is older than 6,000 years old(there is a reason why Young-Earth Creationists can't make their own Hubble telescope). Anyway, they were offended by the idea that anyone could think that a magic sky daddy wasn't needed for the stars to exist. Their thought process goes like follows; I don't know, therefor no one knows. Since no one knows, there can't be a natural explanation. Since it's not natural, it must be god.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2010, 03:21 AM

I always find creationism a bit fascinating because this is essentially their idea of how the universe (or in some cases just the earth or just life) begun:

[Image: 693847-227233.jpg]

Now, how anyone can believe this is beyond me....

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply