I have a Dog-sized hole in my heart.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: I have a Dog-sized hole in my heart.
(28-04-2012 06:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Smoosh, that's a nice post, but I'm pretty sure I'll die alone in my house and Snuffy will eat me starting with my eyes.
The crows will get your eyes first. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Putting all this uplifting "death and eaten by my dog" talk...

Erx,
How are you and the pup getting along?

Ours is finally starting to lose baby teeth...I am considering throwing a party. Progress is still slow on housebreaking but progress is being made. She started chasing tennis balls, but doesn't have the concept of bringing them back yet, we'll get there.

Hope you an Snuffy settling in.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
05-05-2012, 01:14 AM
Erx, you never revealed to us how Snuffy told you her name. Tell us the story!

What a wonderful dog! Smile

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
05-05-2012, 02:45 AM
Consider Snuffy.

Suits her. Thumbsup

I think she looks kind of like the movie star Jimmy the Dog. Check out his film, The Dog Problem. His costar Giovanni Ribisi is pretty good in it.

Snuffy is lovely. She almost makes me want to make the commitment again. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-05-2012, 11:52 AM
(25-04-2012 09:23 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 02:04 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  She looks awesome man. I LOVE that she hasn't told you her name yet. Best way to name a dog is to wait for it huh?

Yeah but it's driving my mom crazy. I took her to meet my mom's pug and she could hardly stand it that the dog doesn't have a name yet. All she could come up with we're dorky girl names like Sweetness and Daisy. When I said I don't think she wants a girly name (No offense Girly), my mom then suggests Sammy-short for Samantha. Well Samantha is my therapist's name. While she's already very therapeutic, I don't think I want to name her after my therapist!

None taken. Wink

Nice canine, Erx. Thumbsup

(25-04-2012 11:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  BTW if anyone wants to donate to animal welfare, don't do the ASPCA, do the local shelters, they put so much money and time into making sure all their animals are tip top when they are adopted out, they deserve medals.

And don't forget the local rescue societies. These people foster the dogs when there's no room at the shelter or the local shelter is a "kill shelter" where the dog's got 30 days to be adopted before it's put down. Beagle Rescue Society of Southern Maryland

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
15-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Oh yes, rescues! They do deserve double medals!

So how is the pooch? Name? Habits? How you all getting along?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-05-2012, 12:47 PM
(05-05-2012 01:14 AM)cufflink Wrote:  Erx, you never revealed to us how Snuffy told you her name. Tell us the story!

Hey Cuff, one of the first things I noticed about her behavior is inside the house she would sniff things quietly, but when we went out in the yard she would make a funny loud sniffing sound that was half sneeze, half sniff. It made me think of the old Sesame Street character, Snuffalufagus which was what I started calling her and then Snuffy for short.

Kim, she is quite the charmer. My sister-in-law doesn't like dogs (or very many people for that matter), but when she met Snuffy the other night she kept raving what a pretty dog Snuffy is and how fun it was to watch her play like a puppy in the back yard.

Dom, thanks, we are getting along swimmingly. I started going to an obedience class last week and she will be joining me for the next 6 weeks as we work on her behavior. She's getting pretty good at sitting on command, but has a ways to go on learning to come when called. She's slipped out the front door twice like a greased pig and in both cases bolted across the street and down the block before I could trick her into coming back for a tasty looking stick. The trainer promises in time she will stop on a dime and turn back when called. We'll see...
Over all she has improved my own depression vastly. Having someone to care for and who loves me unconditionally, as long as I give her treats, is making me feel much better about life in general. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
15-05-2012, 01:36 PM
(15-05-2012 12:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 01:14 AM)cufflink Wrote:  Erx, you never revealed to us how Snuffy told you her name. Tell us the story!

Hey Cuff, one of the first things I noticed about her behavior is inside the house she would sniff things quietly, but when we went out in the yard she would make a funny loud sniffing sound that was half sneeze, half sniff. It made me think of the old Sesame Street character, Snuffalufagus which was what I started calling her and then Snuffy for short.

Kim, she is quite the charmer. My sister-in-law doesn't like dogs (or very many people for that matter), but when she met Snuffy the other night she kept raving what a pretty dog Snuffy is and how fun it was to watch her play like a puppy in the back yard.

Dom, thanks, we are getting along swimmingly. I started going to an obedience class last week and she will be joining me for the next 6 weeks as we work on her behavior. She's getting pretty good at sitting on command, but has a ways to go on learning to come when called. She's slipped out the front door twice like a greased pig and in both cases bolted across the street and down the block before I could trick her into coming back for a tasty looking stick. The trainer promises in time she will stop on a dime and turn back when called. We'll see...
Over all she has improved my own depression vastly. Having someone to care for and who loves me unconditionally, as long as I give her treats, is making me feel much better about life in general. Smile

Coming when called is easy as pie Smile

Get a very long leash or preferably some rope and some tiny treats.

Go outside with her and let he roam on the rope.

Call her, use "come" or "here" and not her name.

Reel her in as fast as you can. Fast, fast!

Now pet her and give her a treat and do a dance of joy and be besides yourself with happiness and pride.

Repeat a couple times, give it a rest. Do this once or twice a day, change locations including to indoors periodically, and you will have a dog that will race towards you any time you say "come" or "here", whatever you picked as command.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-05-2012, 08:36 PM
A Snuffy update...

[Image: jtnkeb.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
19-05-2012, 08:41 PM
She is adorable!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post