I have a cold and feel like shit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2017, 11:31 AM
RE: I have a cold and feel like shit
(23-01-2017 08:23 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I have a cold, feel like shit, and have a ton of work to do today. Can anyone make me feel better?

No. Lay down, be quiet, and get used to it.

#thisistrumpsfault
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2017, 11:42 AM
I have a cold and feel like shit
(23-01-2017 09:42 AM)julep Wrote:  Here's a poem:

Suck it up,
Buttercup!

That's what I'm doing today. Sucking it up. Do you know how hard it is to talk to a customer face to face for 30 minutes and not let them know that you are sick? It's very challenging not to sniffle, cough, or sneeze. And so have to talk intelligible.

I feel drained.
23-01-2017, 11:47 AM
(23-01-2017 09:31 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 09:22 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  It will make you feel better but you won't get any work done: 1/2 oz Nyquil, 1/2 oz good scotch (dark rum will work in a pinch). Tastes awful, you'll sleep like a baby.

With medications and treatment a cold will take about 7 days to go away. With no meds or treatment, it will take about a week.

My general experience is that an unmedicated cold lasts 3 or 4 days (although you'll be miserable for those 3 or 4 days). With medication, it can drag on for weeks (because the medication inhibits your body's ability to "purge" the cold -- by sneezing, coughing, noseblowing, etc.).

However, the last two colds I've had did not follow that pattern. Early last year, I had a head cold that lasted a good week, then turned into a chest cold/bronchitis that lasted another couple of weeks. And just recently, I had one that lasted about a week, sort of went away for a week, then came back for a week (or maybe that was two separate colds). My officemate has had deep chest congestion (like I had last year) for at least two weeks. I hope I don't get that one.

Isn't it highly not recommended to mix any medication with alcohol?

23-01-2017, 11:50 AM
"Feeling like shit" would imply one feels warm, moist and and somewhat squishy.....

Blink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-01-2017, 11:56 AM
(23-01-2017 11:47 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 09:31 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  My general experience is that an unmedicated cold lasts 3 or 4 days (although you'll be miserable for those 3 or 4 days). With medication, it can drag on for weeks (because the medication inhibits your body's ability to "purge" the cold -- by sneezing, coughing, noseblowing, etc.).

However, the last two colds I've had did not follow that pattern. Early last year, I had a head cold that lasted a good week, then turned into a chest cold/bronchitis that lasted another couple of weeks. And just recently, I had one that lasted about a week, sort of went away for a week, then came back for a week (or maybe that was two separate colds). My officemate has had deep chest congestion (like I had last year) for at least two weeks. I hope I don't get that one.

Yes, especially if you're driving.

Do not eat heavy machinery while operating these drugs.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
23-01-2017, 12:18 PM
(23-01-2017 11:47 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 09:31 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  My general experience is that an unmedicated cold lasts 3 or 4 days (although you'll be miserable for those 3 or 4 days). With medication, it can drag on for weeks (because the medication inhibits your body's ability to "purge" the cold -- by sneezing, coughing, noseblowing, etc.).

I didn't suggest that -- it was the guy to whom I was responding. However, in this case -- Nyquil itself contains alcohol, so what's the harm in adding a little more? Personally, I would skip the Nyquil and just drink enough Scotch to make me sleepy. It would certainly taste better than Nyquil!
23-01-2017, 12:32 PM
(23-01-2017 11:42 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 09:42 AM)julep Wrote:  Here's a poem:

Suck it up,
Buttercup!

That's what I'm doing today. Sucking it up. Do you know how hard it is to talk to a customer face to face for 30 minutes and not let them know that you are sick? It's very challenging not to sniffle, cough, or sneeze. And so have to talk intelligible.

I feel drained.

I know. Been there.
23-01-2017, 01:09 PM
(23-01-2017 08:23 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Can anyone make me feel better?

Luminal.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus