I have a confession

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 02:43 PM
RE: I have a confession
I don't care for the show either though I will gladly listen to speeches by Matt or listen to him when he is a guest on TTA podcast or some of others.

I really do not like the call in style show. I think Seth's is so much better since he stopped with that format. In the early podcasts there were a few callers who called in nearly every time and that got old fast. Then there are callers who just take over and I am not interested in what they have to say. I listen to hear what Seth has to say or to enjoy an interview he is doing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-06-2016, 03:18 PM
The repetitiveness is why you probably shouldn't watch a whole show in one sitting. I like to go on random highlight clips that I find on YouTube. And even of those, I watch one or two and then have a break of a week.

You have to look at it from the christian viewers' perspective. They usually are the real deal. They think they are the first one with this particular argument or idea. Or they heard it at church or in their debating groups and want to try it out in the real world because in their head it makes sense. The show is made for people to call in.
We, yes sure, we heard it all and we can answer in our sleep. The hosts too, and I admire their patience.
But in the end you see how it is worth it when sometimes, once in a while, the caller understands something they explained and they get through to them.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
15-06-2016, 03:24 PM
And here I thought you were gonna tell us you are not really a sandworm.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
15-06-2016, 03:40 PM
(15-06-2016 03:18 PM)Leela Wrote:  The repetitiveness is why you probably shouldn't watch a whole show in one sitting. I like to go on random highlight clips that I find on YouTube. And even of those, I watch one or two and then have a break of a week.

You have to look at it from the christian viewers' perspective. They usually are the real deal. They think they are the first one with this particular argument or idea. Or they heard it at church or in their debating groups and want to try it out in the real world because in their head it makes sense. The show is made for people to call in.
We, yes sure, we heard it all and we can answer in our sleep. The hosts too, and I admire their patience.
But in the end you see how it is worth it when sometimes, once in a while, the caller understands something they explained and they get through to them.

Yes on the random highlights. I don't think I've ever gotten through an entire show hour plus show. I don't watch if Matt isn't there. No one else on the panel has his fire quick mind to deal with the callers.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-06-2016, 03:41 PM
(15-06-2016 03:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  And here I thought you were gonna tell us you are not really a sandworm.

Wait..............he's not???

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-06-2016, 04:06 PM
(15-06-2016 03:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 03:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  And here I thought you were gonna tell us you are not really a sandworm.

Wait..............he's not???

Idk, it's very confusing.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
15-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Thumpalicious, completely agreed on the nature of call in shows and callers of any type.

Julep, sort of can't blame you, given the call in nature. But they do have a nice theme song if you ever at least do the intro part.

Pablo, yeah, that echo thing is really...annoying. I saw it happen several times on the Catholic podcast and show Journey Home also. The best had to be Dr. Alice von Hildebrand, who was ancient, and such a titan of Catholic thought that the host didn't even say a word to her about it, where he usually would.

Anjele, mostly agreed. Though sometimes I enjoy Seth's callers who are good speakers. But few and far between, they are. Like Yoda I speak apparently. I just love the guests though, he always gets really good ones.

Leela, really well thought out post there, and good points on the viewers. It is reassuring to know I'm not alone on not being able to take it in large doses, and that a lot of people are feeling that way. That's a great idea on the highlight clips too. I think I've learned some new stuff in only one episode of watching, but then again, I don't just stick to taking talking points from church small groups at face value.

Dancefortwo and Jdog554...you mean someone told you both that I don't poop the most precious, addictive, and cinnamon-y tasting thing in the universe? That it's side effects don't include prescience, folding space, life extension, and megalomania and proclaiming oneself the One True God/Messiah? Tongue I do hope it doesn't rain at the cookout tonight that I'm going to, it would stink to break apart into sand trout and doom the Earth into becoming a desert world. The Wicked Witch was right when yelling, "I'm melting, I'm melting!!"

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
15-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Usually, I just watch some clips of interesting moments every once in a while. I had trouble sitting through a whole episode.

☆☆☆
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
15-06-2016, 05:30 PM
(15-06-2016 04:30 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Thumpalicious, completely agreed on the nature of call in shows and callers of any type.

Julep, sort of can't blame you, given the call in nature. But they do have a nice theme song if you ever at least do the intro part.

Pablo, yeah, that echo thing is really...annoying. I saw it happen several times on the Catholic podcast and show Journey Home also. The best had to be Dr. Alice von Hildebrand, who was ancient, and such a titan of Catholic thought that the host didn't even say a word to her about it, where he usually would.

Anjele, mostly agreed. Though sometimes I enjoy Seth's callers who are good speakers. But few and far between, they are. Like Yoda I speak apparently. I just love the guests though, he always gets really good ones.

Leela, really well thought out post there, and good points on the viewers. It is reassuring to know I'm not alone on not being able to take it in large doses, and that a lot of people are feeling that way. That's a great idea on the highlight clips too. I think I've learned some new stuff in only one episode of watching, but then again, I don't just stick to taking talking points from church small groups at face value.

Dancefortwo and Jdog554...you mean someone told you both that I don't poop the most precious, addictive, and cinnamon-y tasting thing in the universe? That it's side effects don't include prescience, folding space, life extension, and megalomania and proclaiming oneself the One True God/Messiah? Tongue I do hope it doesn't rain at the cookout tonight that I'm going to, it would stink to break apart into sand trout and doom the Earth into becoming a desert world. The Wicked Witch was right when yelling, "I'm melting, I'm melting!!"

So are you a pre-Leto II worm or a post Leto II worm?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-06-2016, 05:38 PM
There was a time and place of my mind that I enjoyed watching it but it's worn off and the minor alterations of the format make it seem uninteresting to me anymore.

Perhaps I liked some of the older host pairings a bit more too and that changed with times. Largely the only times I watched anything of the last 2 years was if it topically interested me and that usually never gets talked about in a call anyway. Dom's failures of christianity opening topic segments were the interesting ones but it's been a long time.

I think my favorite one of older ones was with Russell Glasser and his sister as the hosts and one caller tried to have them look eachother in the eyes to show them the reality of Jesus and was bothered they couldn't take that seriously to believe because that wasn't like awkward at all. THat might of been the existentialist episode, idk I just left the show in the past now. I rarely listen to TTA even now unless i check every so often to see if its a interview/topic I'd listen too. I do still listen to the Non-Prophets podcast the ACA guys do as they talk recent relevant to atheist topic news points.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post