I have a drug testing question, wasn't sure where to post it...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2012, 08:20 PM
I have a drug testing question, wasn't sure where to post it...
Hey guys! It's really been a while. Life is crazy. Moving to a new city. Eeek!

I have to take a pre-employment drug test, and I take prescription meds that will probably show up. Have any of you experienced this?

What I've been told is that, essentially, if you have a prescription it's not a problem, but I'm paranoid. :/

Thanks guys!

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2012, 08:36 PM
RE: I have a drug testing question, wasn't sure where to post it...
Hey Trill! Long time. How are you and the hubby?

If it's prescription meds, theres no worries. Just provide a list (or at least offer it, they may decline due to privacy) of your meds before hand. It shows transparency. If we are talking "prescription meds" as in medical MJ, they may require you to show your card, but it should end there. If not, get a lawyer and sue the ever lovin snot outta them!! LOL

Glad to see you back. Wink

Ambulatory habitation detritus.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
24-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Yep there's nothing illegal about prescription medication. Just make it known ahead of time and things should go smoothly.
Only issue might be if the meds were for some previously undisclosed medical condition that could actually affect your work. Otherwise if they took issue, at least here in canada they would be violating the law and you could take it to court.
You should visit more often.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2012, 08:40 PM
(24-01-2012 08:36 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Hey Trill! Long time. How are you and the hubby?

If it's prescription meds, theres no worries. Just provide a list (or at least offer it, they may decline due to privacy) of your meds before hand. It shows transparency. If we are talking "prescription meds" as in medical MJ, they may require you to show your card, but it should end there. If not, get a lawyer and sue the ever lovin snot outta them!! LOL

Glad to see you back. Wink

Lol, no it's not "that kind" of prescription anyway. Smile Thanks Stark, hoping to be back around more soon-we're moving out of this hellish part of the bible belt, this weekend. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
25-01-2012, 02:56 AM
If you are self-medicating yourself and do not have a prescription from a doctor, that can be a problem, if you have a prescription, you're good. Smoking MJ can leave THC in your blood/urine (in urine it stays longer) for 2-3 weeks, so be careful of that, if you have a bit of fat in your body, it's even longer. All other substances clear out of your body in 2-7 days.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-01-2012, 12:59 PM
If you have a script for them it's no big deal. Tell them what you take if they ask. If not then you need to wait at least 72 hours before taking the test. A week would be better but 3 days is normal. Or you could have someone piss in a condom for you and tape it to your leg to keep warm. Won't work if they watch you piss obviously.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
25-01-2012, 01:12 PM
(25-01-2012 12:59 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Won't work if they watch you piss obviously.

Are they going to? :/ I can barely pee in front of my spouse, much less a stranger. I'm a shy pee-er. Wink

Anyway, I have a script for what I'm taking, so I guess I should try to stop worrying.

25-01-2012, 02:02 PM
(25-01-2012 01:12 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  
(25-01-2012 12:59 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Won't work if they watch you piss obviously.

Are they going to? :/ I can barely pee in front of my spouse, much less a stranger. I'm a shy pee-er. Wink

Anyway, I have a script for what I'm taking, so I guess I should try to stop worrying.

If you have a script then you are fine. No worries. If they ask you if you are taking medications just tell them what it is and that you have a script for it. No need to mention over-the-counter meds. As for watching you pee, only time I've ever been watched was the military. Normal job drug tests are unsupervised. You'll just go in a bathroom and piss in a cup without being allowed to flush the toilet or turn the sink on.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
25-01-2012, 03:09 PM
"Scrip"
not 'script'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2012, 03:35 PM
RE: "Scrip"
(25-01-2012 03:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  not 'script'.

Pre'script'ion. I don't see the problem here.

-Mark Twain