I have a fear of Hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2012, 09:38 PM
RE: I have a fear of Hell
I was never religious but I suppose that I once believed or wanted to believe in god. It was the concept of hell that was one of the straws that broke the camels back and helped me rid myself of this silliness. It makes no sense at all, that a god who supposedly loves us, will have us burn for an eternity because we use our critical thinking and reject an outlandish tale from two thousand plus years ago. It's nonsense. I may have feared hell at one time, but no more. There is no doubt in my mind that it's all rubbish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2012, 11:35 PM

There is a hell. And you're only going to get so much relief from talking to atheists--who are bound for hell, themselves.

Hell is kind of a mystery. Jesus is the one who really introduces us to the concept of hell, but he speaks of it symbolically and metaphorically. I mean, obviously a spirit doesn't physically burn in hell, but there is a symbology in that. I've never done a comprehensive study of the symbology Jesus uses, because I've never been particularly worried about going to hell.

Nevertheless, here's my advice to you: A human goes two ways; he can go towards being an animal and ignoring the truth or he can go towards being a god and knowing all truth. Anyone who takes the latter path will love Jesus Christ and be saved. Anyone who takes the former will know hell even before they get there. Drinking Beverage
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2012, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 11:53 PM by Vosur.)
(29-12-2012 11:35 PM)Egor Wrote:  There is a hell. And you're only going to get so much relief from talking to atheists--who are bound for hell, themselves.
I don't see how anyone can remain unconvinced of the existence of hell after you have made such a plausible and coherent argument that is substantiated so well by evidence.

Oh wait, that's right, you simpleton think that asserting something somehow makes it true. Drinking Beverage

(29-12-2012 11:35 PM)Egor Wrote:  Hell is kind of a mystery. Jesus is the one who really introduces us to the concept of hell, but he speaks of it symbolically and metaphorically. I mean, obviously a spirit doesn't physically burn in hell, but there is a symbology in that. I've never done a comprehensive study of the symbology Jesus uses, because I've never been particularly worried about going to hell.

Nevertheless, here's my advice to you: A human goes two ways; he can go towards being an animal and ignoring the truth or he can go towards being a god and knowing all truth. Anyone who takes the latter path will love Jesus Christ and be saved. Anyone who takes the former will know hell even before they get there. Drinking Beverage
Did you know that early Christians were the ones who made up the concept of a place of eternal torture where unbelievers go after they die? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply