I have a fear of Hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2014, 08:47 PM
RE: I have a fear of Hell
(18-10-2014 02:48 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 02:24 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  [Image: 740003d1340027751-what-do-you-folks-thin...thread.jpg]

Laugh out load

Oh quiet, this thread allows me to post a series of songs in all it's satanic glory

I was only joking. I love necro threads bc I get the chance to post those memes. I think they're funny

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Seriously I lust after death like a vampire after blood; death is not the thing to fear, rather life, and if any pontification is necessary, I shall endeavor. Wink

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2014, 09:08 PM
(28-12-2012 04:50 AM)JackDaniels Wrote:  Hey,

I have been an atheist for about a year and a half. I wasn't
heavily indoctrinated or raised religious but I did believe in god
for the first 16 years of my life. I always believed in a hell but
I thought that only murders and people like that went there.
It wasn't until I went through this like 6 month religious phase
that I learned all the rules and that a lot more things can get
you sent to hell then I thought. During this time my anxiety and
ocd got really bad. Now I am an atheist but I still suffer from
a fear in hell.

I get negative thoughts about satan and hell and I don't believe
in god but I worry "what if I'm wrong?". It's really frustrating because
I feel like a hypocrite that I don't believe in god but I keep getting
worried and anxiety about what if I'm wrong.

I was just wondering if any of you feel the same thing I do or
any tips on how to get over it.

Thank you.

Hell doesn't exist, and even if it did exist, in accordance with christian doctrine it isn't what people have purported it to be. hell is allegedly a place devoid of god, thus devoid of good, no fire, no pitchforks, no little demons running around, no eternity in pain.

Source is Reason, Faith and Tradition by Martin C. Albl, Chapter 7 page 188 – describing hell.

"We begin with a reminder of limitations of our language. Since hell, according to Christian doctrine, is a supernatural reality, it can only be described in analogies. Holy Scripture teaches us the essence of hell in images. When it speaks of the fire of hell, it is not to be understood in a grossly realistic sense. The images of fire and pain were ways of expressing the essential Christian understanding of hell – that it is a separation from God. We may define heaven as simply being with God, and hell, in contrast, is simply being without God. It is thus an existence without goodness and without meaning."

But then again, I have zero concern about hell, or any of the other made up fabricated fear based religious delusions because they are just that....fabricated. Religion has used fear as its sales tool from the very beginning, you are smarter than that. Worry not about hell, like jesus, its a myth.

EDIT: oh shit a necro thread, didnt catch that lol

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user