I have a feeling I'm about to be controversial .........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: I have a feeling I'm about to be controversial .........
(04-02-2013 03:20 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 03:16 PM)Nappa Wrote:  I try to stay away from eye-witness testimony as much as possible, but I am guilty of it from time to time.

But take it from my view hughsie, since there are a lot of eye-witness testimony for the holocaust and since it is the reason for one of the primary beliefs in the holocaust there is almost no way that I can try to disprove the holocaust without first trying to disprove eye-witness testimonies.

Burden of proof is not on you, it's on the believer. However, I think there is more than enough reliable evidence for the holocaust to have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
It's a pity we'll never really know that since Chas and FSM scot have decided to ban me if I make a thread detailing about the holocaust. And since no one will change my name to The Poe Master.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 03:22 PM
(04-02-2013 03:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  My bad. Blink But just as well.
"The sky Is falling" is mass hysteria caused by fear.
"I saw the sun falling" is a religious delusion, caused by indoctrination.
"I saw a heap of dead bodies" - what exactly is that then?

My point isn't they're wrong. My point is that some people spend all their time debunking any form of eye-witness testimony, and then call it into play the minute it's in their favour.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
04-02-2013, 03:23 PM
(04-02-2013 01:39 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 11:12 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Not a single person on here said that he hates holocaust deniers. Why are you making that up?

Point has already been addressed in the thread.

(04-02-2013 11:12 AM)Vosur Wrote:  You are confusing skepticism with denial. The stance of holocaust deniers is not that there is some doubt about whether or not the holocaust happened, but that it is certain that it did not happen.

Point has already been addressed in the thread. Furthermore it is totally irrelevant.

(04-02-2013 11:12 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Again, you are confusing questioning with flat-out denial.

Again, it has already been addressed.
Yeah, I have yet to read the rest of this thread. Perhaps I should have done so before responding to your OP.

(04-02-2013 01:39 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Incorrect, totally. Ask anyone in law enforcement, eye-witnesses are notoriously unreliable.
I never said that they aren't, I answered your question why folks on here don't trust eye-witness testimonies of people who claim to have experienced god while at the same time giving credit to eye-witness accounts of holocaust survivors.

(04-02-2013 01:39 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I don't understand this point.
All right, let me try again. You expressed your doubt about the view that every holocaust denier is also a neo-Nazi/anti-Semite. In response to this, I said that one counter example would suffice to discredit it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't share the aforementioned view either, I simply don't know of a holocaust denier who falls into neither categories.

(04-02-2013 01:39 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  And I acknowledged that in the very section of text you quoted.
I already figured that I should have clarified it. What I wrote was in response to the "Finally, I'd like to also ask why we all become so Christian like when faced with a holocaust denier?"-part of that paragraph.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
04-02-2013, 03:23 PM
(04-02-2013 03:22 PM)Nappa Wrote:  It's a pity we'll never really know that since Chas and FSM scot have decided to ban me if I make a thread detailing about the holocaust. And since no one will change my name to The Poe Master.

Just be thankful I gave you one name change.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
04-02-2013, 03:24 PM
(04-02-2013 03:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  "I have photographic evidence of heaps of dead bodies" - what exactly is that then?
photographic evidence of heaps of dead bodies, how they died may be questionable.
04-02-2013, 03:24 PM
(04-02-2013 03:23 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Just be thankful I gave you one name change.
You changed my name against my will!
04-02-2013, 03:27 PM
(04-02-2013 03:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  All right, let me try again. You expressed your doubt about the view that every holocaust denier is also a neo-Nazi/anti-Semite. In response to this, I said that one counter example would suffice to discredit it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't share the aforementioned view either, I simply don't know of a holocaust denier who falls into neither categories.

I understand now. I cannot give an example but then again the only holocaust deniers I know are online, on this forum, and I cannot know their motivations simply from engaging them online. Nappa doesn't strike me as a Neo-Nazi but he could have a swastika tattoo on his forehead for all I know.

(04-02-2013 03:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I already figured that I should have clarified it. What I wrote was in response to the "Finally, I'd like to also ask why we all become so Christian like when faced with a holocaust denier?"-part of that paragraph.

Fair enough. I didn't mean all, I meant some of us.

Best
Worst
04-02-2013, 03:29 PM
So we agree that the vehemence (not using "hate", it's not hate) with which people oppose the conspiracy theorists is a product of empathy.
And we have to agree that humans have evolved to feel empathy because it is in favor of the survival of the species.
And we agree that empathy does not equal revenge.
So this should answer the question?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 03:36 PM by Hughsie.)
(04-02-2013 03:24 PM)Nappa Wrote:  You changed my name against my will!

That sorta accusation isn't gonna help you here. I'm an affective dictator (along with FSM_scot). I didn't change your name against your will but even if I did there's no-one you can go to about it.

Best
Worst
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
(04-02-2013 02:55 PM)Nappa Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 02:47 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  They did not just leave them out in the open (mass graves)

Cremation takes time, and when you are killing more people than you can cremate (bodies tend to decompose and become really difficult to manipulate when they are mush), crematoriums are pointless.

Or, you destroy the evidence in the case of crematoriums.

And when you are convinced you are going to be the dominant world-power, why would you take measures to cover the tracks for your actions you consider to be the way of attaining your image of a perfect world? The idea would be for everyone to eventually know and encourage such behavior.

And at the end of the Nazis reign, they began to try and kill more and faster with no concern for disposal. Because they could and because they wanted them all dead. That was part of the point after all.

But I suppose it is much more logical that Anne Franke was just a liar...
No, but it is logical that the person who wrote Anne Franke's diary is not actually Anne Franke.

Now then how long would it take to cremate someone? A few hours right? because eye witness testimony says it took 10-20 minutes, and that's if they weren't burning corpses in an open pit without any fuel besides the bodies themselves. Bodies are not very combustible you know?
The diary is a forgery then? It seems this conspiracy runs really deep since they even thought to write a fake diary by a preteen.

And bodies are extremely combustible but require high temps and long periods of time to denature and combust bone. Fat burns very quickly, so the notion that bodies were completely engulfed in 10-20 minutes is reasonable, as long as they are not suggesting the bones disintegrated in that time.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley