I have a feeling I'm about to be controversial .........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2013, 03:48 PM
RE: I have a feeling I'm about to be controversial .........
(04-02-2013 03:47 PM)Nappa Wrote:  Is there a breeze in here? Because that was cold.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 03:50 PM
(04-02-2013 03:44 PM)Nappa Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 03:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  Changing names just confuses and obfuscates.
Nappa sounds fine to me. Nothing wrong with it.
Except that Nappa was tragically killed by his best friend...

I think it appropriate that your name is that of a cartoon character.

The sound of it makes me think Nappa -> nappies -> diapers -> full of shit. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
04-02-2013, 03:52 PM
(04-02-2013 03:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 03:47 PM)Nappa Wrote:  Is there a breeze in here? Because that was cold.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Smile
It's alright, I've learned to anticipate many forms of reactions.

I just want people to be able to watch Team Four Star without having to think about me and my edginess. To put it simply I don't want to kill the show for them.
04-02-2013, 03:54 PM
(04-02-2013 03:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 03:44 PM)Nappa Wrote:  Except that Nappa was tragically killed by his best friend...

I think it appropriate that your name is that of a cartoon character.

The sound of it makes me think Nappa -> nappies -> diapers -> full of shit. Thumbsup

But he is full of shit; He's THE POOP MASTER!!! Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-02-2013, 03:55 PM
(04-02-2013 03:54 PM)kim Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 03:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  I think it appropriate that your name is that of a cartoon character.

But he is full of shit; He's THE POOP MASTER!!! Big Grin
+1 user dislikes kim's post.
04-02-2013, 03:56 PM
(04-02-2013 03:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, actually I don't, either. Tongue

Well it took 15 pages but I think we're just about in agreement finally. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
04-02-2013, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 04:44 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
The reason why I think holocaust deniers are absolute shitetards and not only should be taken as fools but general scum of this earth is this:

They are a slap in the face to those who died due to the atrocities of the holocaust. They are a slap in the face to reason. They are a slap in the face to those who have suffered during that horrible time in History.

They are not worth any rational consideration. They are of the exact same mind set as 9-11 "Truthers". That movement is newer, but time does not diminish the atrocities. Or even more recent here's one guy in the states who says the Sandy Hook shootings was because a child made the sign of Bamhotep with her fingers: Click here for the article.

Here's the video from the article. If you have the stomach for it, and can handle face-palming your skull to tiny particles, then go ahead and click it, but be warned!

Blame the victims, not the assailants. WTAF? Who does that? The guy up there in that video, apparently.

People who troll on the subject have closed their minds to actual facts, documented history and eye-witness accounts over what they believe to be true, and like to show their 'research capabilities' to score some points in their own minds. Those who are misinformed are more open and there are those who fall prey from group mentality. It is common for people to fall prey to group mentality. But if they don't want to be open-minded and wish to remain in their unfounded beliefs and talking nothing but their unfounded beliefs, they get shipped into the troll category.

These people don't deserve my respect. In fact, they're waving their hands in the air in a display to get their asses kicked. I'm not opposed to that.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 6 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
(04-02-2013 04:28 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Blame the victims, not the assailants. WTAF? Who does that?

That is a very interesting question: Who does that?

Rapists and pedophiles do that. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-02-2013, 05:19 PM
(04-02-2013 02:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 02:34 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  The photo's are perfectly valid evidence. I am not saying that the people who testified to the holocaust are wrong. I am simply saying that eye witness testimony is unreliable, and when a theist appears here we're all the first one's to say that.
Unsubstantiated eye-witness testimony is unreliable as evidence.

Eye-witness testimony supported by physical evidence corroborates it, and vice versa.

Hughsie I think that Chas' response here (about 8 or 9 pages ago) answers your original question very neatly.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-02-2013, 11:37 PM
(04-02-2013 05:56 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Holocaust deniers, moon landing deniers, flat earthers, people who think George Bush carried out 9/11, homeopathists. They're all in the same boat for me, I don't hate or try and vilify any of them. I pity them for being so incapable of effectively analysing the evidence.

I guess this thread has confirmed what I already suspected. People vilify holocaust deniers ahead of the others because of the gravity of the holocaust, it's an emotional reaction. I still don't think we should decide what we can and can't question (and how strongly) on how horrific the event in question was though so I don't think I'll ever agree with it.
Yes of course it's emotional. What kind of human being are you not to get emotional over the genocide of millions and millions of innocent people? It's downright sad that we're capable of such bullshit.

Then you have all this damning evidence for said genocide. And in the face of this damning evidence, you have people denying it ever happened. People, who likely never even experienced a racial slur being slung their way, denying a racially/religiously motivated genocide.

That's what I call sitting on your high horse.

In all actuality, it makes more sense to be skeptical of the Moon Landing. Way more Holocaust survivors than there were people involved in the first Moon Landing. Much more documentation of the Holocaust. Sites you can visit from the Holocaust... you can't visit the Moon.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post