I have a feeling I'm about to be controversial .........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2013, 01:44 PM
RE: I have a feeling I'm about to be controversial .........
(08-02-2013 11:40 AM)Egor Wrote:  Truth hurts, don't it?
You are being mean Sad Sadcryface Sadcryface2

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2013, 02:17 PM
(08-02-2013 11:07 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(07-02-2013 11:45 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Flintlock pistols or bust.

If I am to duel, I will do it in style.

As such, all watching must wear tuxedos and a fancy hat. top hats, bowlers or fedora. Monocles and canes are optional, Ladies must were petticoats and matching old day attire..

Well, of course. That's how all atheists want it. You'd rather die than fight. You'd have no problem going in a theater and shooting a bunch of people and then putting the gun in your mouth, but to actually strive or fight for something--forget it. And that only makes sense--atheism necessarily leads to 0 reason to be alive.

It's a trick of Satan; it's a mirage he casts: You first feel freedom, and so you think it's good and true, but then all your ground eventually slips out from underneath you and you end up with no reason to be alive at all.

So instead of donning a pair of boxing gloves and a mouth gaurd and putting your faith in God, you'd rather dress up like a joke and be put out of your misery like an old sick dog. You are, after all, an atheist. You should have been a monkey--it's true, because giving you human life was just throwing it away.

Hmmph. I think that last sentence was prophecy. It felt like prophecy.

So much hate and anger. It's sad really. Maybe deep down you know that atheists are no more likely to be mass murderers then Christians are. But there are times you're just too darn hurtful to pay much attention to.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-02-2013, 02:27 PM
(08-02-2013 02:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So much hate and anger.
That's the deep-seated fear and the lurking doubts, Mom. He's toiling under the misapprehension that if everyone agreed with his lunacy (that god exists) that would somehow, magically, make him actually pop into existence.

When the truth is that even if all atheists were to disappear off the face of the earth right this minute, leaving only religionists behind, that won't make the god delusion any truer.

That's all there is to it. That and the fact that he is just a hateful person. Because I've met other scared people and they had better ways of handling it.

Still, anger is a draining, crippling emotion, so the one who's suffering the most, is Egor. I would pity him, if I could be bothered.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
08-02-2013, 02:51 PM
(08-02-2013 11:07 AM)Egor Wrote:  If I am to duel, I will do it in style.

As such, all watching must wear tuxedos and a fancy hat. top hats, bowlers or fedora. Monocles and canes are optional, Ladies must were petticoats and matching old day attire..

That ain't style. Fundoshis in the dohyō is fucking style. You weigh about the same as me (200-220 lbs), let's sumo this shit bitch.

(08-02-2013 11:07 AM)Egor Wrote:  --atheism necessarily leads to 0 reason to be alive.

And consequently, atheism necessarily needs to find reason to be alive. That's good. If you ain't seriously considered not being, you got no credibility when it comes to discussig being. ... Girly's got some credibility here bitch.

(08-02-2013 11:07 AM)Egor Wrote:  It's a trick of Satan; it's a mirage he casts: You first feel freedom, and so you think it's good and true, but then all your ground eventually slips out from underneath you and you end up with no reason to be alive at all.

ooohh .... I'm fucking scared.

(08-02-2013 11:07 AM)Egor Wrote:  You should have been a monkey--it's true, because giving you human life was just throwing it away.

I am monkey, doesn't bother me a bit unlike you.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-02-2013, 03:24 PM
(08-02-2013 02:27 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(08-02-2013 02:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So much hate and anger.
Still, anger is a draining, crippling emotion, so the one who's suffering the most, is Egor. I would pity him, if I could be bothered.

It is completely draining and I actually do kinda feel sorry for him. Almost the same way I pity the folks at the Westborogh baptist church -- any message they have is so blanketed by outright hatred it's just lost.

08-02-2013, 03:30 PM
(08-02-2013 03:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It is completely draining and I actually do kinda feel sorry for him. Almost the same way I pity the folks at the Westborogh baptist church -- any message they have is so blanketed by outright hatred it's just lost.
And yet, people have had to endure much greater pain than what he is subjecting himself to and still managed not to become so blinded by hatred.

To me, it's like alcohol - it doesn't change who you are, it just shows your true self. And so far, what we're seeing isn't pretty.

I think we need another word - to me pity/compassion, in its original meaning, is the noblest emotion we have, so I prefer not to sully it with this much hate.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
08-02-2013, 03:53 PM

Well, of course. That's how all atheists want it. You'd rather die than fight. You'd have no problem going in a theater and shooting a bunch of people and then putting the gun in your mouth, but to actually strive or fight for something--forget it. And that only makes sense--atheism necessarily leads to 0 reason to be alive.

It's a trick of Satan; it's a mirage he casts: You first feel freedom, and so you think it's good and true, but then all your ground eventually slips out from underneath you and you end up with no reason to be alive at all.

So instead of donning a pair of boxing gloves and a mouth gaurd and putting your faith in God, you'd rather dress up like a joke and be put out of your misery like an old sick dog. You are, after all, an atheist. You should have been a monkey--it's true, because giving you human life was just throwing it away.

Hmmm, been an atheist for 50 years now and I haven't slipped yet.
Life is good!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-02-2013, 04:23 PM

I've seen people flipping their shit over trivial shit before, but over that? Thanks for reinforcing my belief that you are unstable.

Who said I'd be the one dying? I get the feeling that neither of us have experience with Flintlock pistols, so we'd probably be on even ground. but hell, if I would die, I'm okay with that. After all, after my body decomposed, it would be recycled back into the ecosystem and universe; serving as fuel to plants, animals and bacteria eventually becoming part of a whole new planet or other interstellar body. If you look at it, once we die, we do go onto greater things... Technically not "we", but our bodies, we don't exists once we die, we are our minds after all, and without the brain and it's chemicals and electricity, you've no mind.
I've got more than enough reason to continue living, but I've no need nor wish to be tortured for infinity by never being allowed to die. I've never desired such a fate.

Quote: It's a trick of Satan; it's a mirage he casts: You first feel freedom, and so you think it's good and true, but then all your ground eventually slips out from underneath you and you end up with no reason to be alive at all.

Nope, I've freedom and a will and reason to live. I have potential. If that potential is never activated, converted into an active force, so be it, it'll be my fault for not applying enough force to get it moving, I wont blame a deity, I wont even blame my government, all my responsibilities rest upon me, as does my reason for my continued existence; it wont just be given to me after all.

And for the record, of both of your fictional characters (Gawd and Satan) I think Satan is the better guy. To me, it looks like god and satan are have a bit of a fight, and god started writing all this shit about him. Meanwhile Satan is going "Nope. If your going to start writing shit about me, I'm not going to comment son, you have your fun." Satan is being the bigger man, deserves much more respect than that Shit-talker of a god of yours! Big Grin

Quote: So instead of donning a pair of boxing gloves and a mouth gaurd and putting your faith in God...
Do you really need to have faith in god when you enter a boxing ring? Must be a shit poor boxer then.

Quote: ...you'd rather dress up like a joke and be put out of your misery like an old sick dog.

I'd need to be in misery, to be put out of it! Big Grin Besides, it would be better that the dog receive the treatment of vets and their sciences, rather than simply be put out his misery if the poor thing is sick or injured. I dare say you would not like it if I dragged you out and exterminated you when you got sick. Hate be a dog with a cold around you.

Quote: You should have been a monkey--it's true, because giving you human life was just throwing it away.

Bitch, I'm already a Great Ape, being "downgraded" to a lesser Ape would not really make all that much of a difference.

Quote:it's true, because giving you human life was just throwing it away.

You deign to tell me that the life of a human is special or superior to that of another Ape? You arrogant, hubris filled imbecile. There is not a damn thing special about human life.

Life is life; the chemicals are the same. the materials are the same. The only difference between the life a a human and that of a monkey is social climate and a lack of tool capability on the other apes part and extreme arrogance on ours.

It would not surprise me if other apes thought of us as stupid inferiors, or worth less. It would amuse me in fact.

Oh, before I forget, is that "prophecy" remark supposed to be a threat? I hope it is, cause that gave me a nice big laugh!
God man, you are so funny! You are an excellent Poe.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-02-2013, 04:33 PM
(08-02-2013 03:30 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(08-02-2013 03:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It is completely draining and I actually do kinda feel sorry for him. Almost the same way I pity the folks at the Westborogh baptist church -- any message they have is so blanketed by outright hatred it's just lost.
And yet, people have had to endure much greater pain than what he is subjecting himself to and still managed not to become so blinded by hatred.

To me, it's like alcohol - it doesn't change who you are, it just shows your true self. And so far, what we're seeing isn't pretty.

I think we need another word - to me pity/compassion, in its original meaning, is the noblest emotion we have, so I prefer not to sully it with this much hate.

Excellent point! Somehow I don't feel as bad nowWink

08-02-2013, 04:41 PM
(08-02-2013 03:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-02-2013 11:07 AM)Egor Wrote:  Well, of course. That's how all atheists want it. You'd rather die than fight. You'd have no problem going in a theater and shooting a bunch of people and then putting the gun in your mouth, but to actually strive or fight for something--forget it. And that only makes sense--atheism necessarily leads to 0 reason to be alive.

Hmmm, been an atheist for 50 years now and I haven't slipped yet.
Life is good!

While sometimes I falter a little (more like subtle wavering -- when I see people who are kind, totally nonjudgmental, with immense faith and unshakable belief in god -- without being obnoxious) nothing snaps me back faster than, hearing someone tell me how miserable I am or that I'm obviously under satan's control.

I'm not miserable, I enjoy each day and live in the moment. If I do a good work -- it's because I want to, not because I'm hoping to score points and vie for a better spot in an afterlife.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post