I have a feeling I'm about to be controversial .........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: I have a feeling I'm about to be controversial .........
(03-02-2013 02:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm just saying that emotions tend to get in the way on reasonable thinking

Yes, but you can't and shouldn't completely separate the two. As if reasonable thinking was somehow inherently superior to emotions. To be a fully-functioning, well rounded human being you need both. Working together.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
03-02-2013, 03:08 PM
(03-02-2013 03:03 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 02:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm just saying that emotions tend to get in the way on reasonable thinking

Yes, but you can't and shouldn't completely separate the two. As if reasonable thinking was somehow inherently superior to emotions. To be a fully-functioning, well rounded human being you need both. Working together.

.... But I like how my brain separates the two...

I am surrounded by damn teens with damn teen problems 6 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Reason and emotion being separate helps me to not get involved when they bitch about their dumb arse problems.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
03-02-2013, 03:11 PM
(03-02-2013 03:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  .... But I like how my brain separates the two...

I am surrounded by damn teens with damn teen problems 6 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Them being separate helps me to not get involved when they bitch about their dumb arse problems.
I said emotions, not overemotionality. Huge difference. Tongue

Separating them to an extent is normal. But both need to be taken into account when forming opinions and making decisions.

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-02-2013, 03:15 PM
(03-02-2013 03:11 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 03:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  .... But I like how my brain separates the two...

Them being separate helps me to not get involved when they bitch about their dumb arse problems.

Separating them to an extent is normal. But both need to be taken into account when forming opinions and making decisions.
Except when it comes to reading/translating vampire erotica novels. There is no reasoning to be had there.

[Image: giphy.gif]
03-02-2013, 03:17 PM
(03-02-2013 03:11 PM)Vera Wrote:  

I dunno. I've done well so far.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-02-2013, 03:17 PM
(03-02-2013 03:15 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 03:11 PM)Vera Wrote:  I said emotions, not overemotionality. Huge difference. Tongue

Except when it comes to reading/translating vampire erotica novels. There is no reasoning to be had there.
Tartarus Sauce, there is one unspoken rule men have. One. We NEVER talk of it. And you just broke it...
[+] 1 user Likes Nappa's post
03-02-2013, 03:22 PM
I think this has derailed enough for now...

Consider

03-02-2013, 03:23 PM
(03-02-2013 03:15 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Except when it comes to reading/translating vampire erotica novels. There is no reasoning to be had there.
Yep, only appropriate reaction there is [Image: smiley5287.gif]

When he finally came, it was on a last curl of his spine and a pulsing in her core, and she went along with him, the two of them wrapped up tight, fusing, body … and soul.
Just now [Image: girl_cray.gif]

Think again, FT.

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
03-02-2013, 03:27 PM
(03-02-2013 03:11 PM)Vera Wrote:  I said emotions, not overemotionality. Huge difference. Tongue

I agree. Reason often must be tempered with compassion or one ends up hopping down the sociopathic bunny trail.

queue psycho bunny gif Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
03-02-2013, 03:39 PM
I have a feeling I'm about to be controversial .........
(03-02-2013 01:31 PM)kim Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 01:25 PM)Tanus Barbarus Wrote:  Don't have such an open mind that your brain falls out.

Bowing I am so loving you right now. Bowing

Oh, stop it some more!
I've been waiting a while to use that...
[+] 3 users Like Tanus Barbarus's post