I have a feeling I'm about to be controversial .........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2013, 04:51 PM
RE: I have a feeling I'm about to be controversial .........
(08-02-2013 04:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-02-2013 03:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  Hmmm, been an atheist for 50 years now and I haven't slipped yet.
Life is good!

While sometimes I falter a little (more like subtle wavering -- when I see people who are kind, totally nonjudgmental, with immense faith and unshakable belief in god -- without being obnoxious) nothing snaps me back faster than, hearing someone tell me how miserable I am or that I'm obviously under satan's control.

I'm not miserable, I enjoy each day and live in the moment. If I do a good work -- it's because I want to, not because I'm hoping to score points and vie for a better spot in an afterlife.

I hate living in the moment.

I've lived in it for so long everything have just become one long moment.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
13-02-2013, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2013 05:45 PM by Luminon.)
Hey guys, I've lately heard people saying that the Holocaust victims were mostly non-Jewish, about 80 % or so. Which means the Jews pretty much hijacked the whole event as their national tragedy and in the process gained enough moral credit and diplomatic leverage to be allowed to go on a rampage in the middle East. Pretty much like George Bush after the 11th September, the world thought "poor Americans" and he used that to launch the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I have always thought of Holocaust deniers as rare specimens, after all, some old people here had relatives who died in the camps, nobody here would deny that it happened. Do you guys think it's another rumor spready by the Holocaust denial agenda? Or is it just a a bunch of slander people who don't agree with founding of the state of Israel? Or is it simply a fact?
Well, I'm not enthusiastic about Israel, but I think Israel can be punished by international sanctions on the merit of its own crimes, no need to revise history.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
13-02-2013, 05:48 PM
(13-02-2013 05:39 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Hey guys, I've lately heard people saying that the Holocaust victims were mostly non-Jewish, about 80 % or so. Which means the Jews pretty much hijacked the whole event as their national tragedy and in the process gained enough moral credit and diplomatic leverage to be allowed to go on a rampage in the middle East. Pretty much like George Bush after the 11th September, the world thought "poor Americans" and he used that to launch the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I have always thought of Holocaust deniers as rare specimens, after all, some old people here had relatives who died in the camps, nobody here would deny that it happened. Do you guys think it's another rumor spready by the Holocaust denial agenda? Or is it just a a bunch of slander people who don't agree with founding of the state of Israel? Or is it simply a fact?
Well, I'm not enthusiastic about Israel, but I think Israel can be punished by international sanctions on the merit of its own crimes, no need to revise history.

There were between 11,000,000 and 13,000,000 victims of whom about 6,000,000 were Jews.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Up until this reformed last two posts... I felt I was on the discovery of something.

Is there a "reverse" Godwin's Law? Where if a thread about Nazi's goes on long enough.. it will eventually not be about nazis?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson