I have a homosexual question and incest question?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2014, 10:33 AM
I have a homosexual question and incest question?
Imagine if every contry accepted homosexuality, and i'm not against it though because most of our values are based on greece democracy (With a little reactionary religion like christianity in the mix).

Now thats all good.

But...

What if brother and sister loves each other so much that they want to get married and live the rest of their life with each other, imagine incest parade where they are proud to be together.
Of course there will be a law where they cant create babies with each other otherwise it will be genetically bad, so they will adopt.

Now if that was set. If there would have been a vote poll for "Yes" or "No" for incest marriage.

What would you have answered?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2014, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2014 10:57 AM by Revenant77x.)
RE: I have a homosexual question and incest question?
(05-07-2014 10:33 AM)Kvitnar Wrote:  Imagine if every contry accepted homosexuality, and i'm not against it though because most of our values are based on greece democracy (With a little reactionary religion like christianity in the mix).

Now thats all good.

But...

What if brother and sister loves each other so much that they want to get married and live the rest of their life with each other, imagine incest parade where they are proud to be together.
Of course there will be a law where they cant create babies with each other otherwise it will be genetically bad, so they will adopt.

Now if that was set. If there would have been a vote poll for "Yes" or "No" for incest marriage.

Are they consenting adults? If so I don't think it should be anyones business but their own. But revulsion to incest is hard wired by evolution because of the negative consequences so it is a much much lower percentage of the population than Homosexuality (which has evolutionary advantages) so the chances of a rash of incestuous relationships popping up is rather low. This is what is known as a slippery slope fallacy.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 11 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-07-2014, 10:55 AM
I agree with Rev. It is highly unlikely that incestuous couples would increase.

And you can't make something illegal just because some people think it's icky.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 7 users Like undergroundp's post
05-07-2014, 10:57 AM
(05-07-2014 10:48 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 10:33 AM)Kvitnar Wrote:  Imagine if every contry accepted homosexuality, and i'm not against it though because most of our values are based on greece democracy (With a little reactionary religion like christianity in the mix).

Now thats all good.

But...

Are they consenting adults? If so I don't think it should be anyones business but their own. But revulsion to incest is hard wired by evolution because of the negative consequences so it is a much much lower percentage of the population than Homosexuality (which has evolutionary advantages) so the chances of a rash of incestus relatuionships poping up is rather low. This is what is known as a slippery slope fallacy.

Could you please expand upon what those are - not because I disbelieve you but it would help to stop a common theist retort....
05-07-2014, 10:57 AM
I agree with the above.

Two people of consenting age can do what they want.
[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
05-07-2014, 11:02 AM
(05-07-2014 10:57 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I agree with the above.

or more
[+] 8 users Like RogueWarrior's post
05-07-2014, 11:02 AM
(05-07-2014 10:57 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 10:48 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Are they consenting adults? If so I don't think it should be anyones business but their own. But revulsion to incest is hard wired by evolution because of the negative consequences so it is a much much lower percentage of the population than Homosexuality (which has evolutionary advantages) so the chances of a rash of incestus relatuionships poping up is rather low. This is what is known as a slippery slope fallacy.

Could you please expand upon what those are - not because I disbelieve you but it would help to stop a common theist retort....

There are several advantages, mostly in helping with child rearing. Also the sheer number of species that have homosexuality (several hundred do) lead one to think there must be some advantage for it to be so widespread. The science is not super advanced here as it is a question that has only been asked relatively recently but here is a link that summarises the current thinking.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/12...90501.html

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-07-2014, 11:04 AM
(05-07-2014 11:02 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 10:57 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I agree with the above.

or more

Or more of course. But hes talking about a brother/sister scenario
05-07-2014, 11:06 AM
(05-07-2014 11:02 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 10:57 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Could you please expand upon what those are - not because I disbelieve you but it would help to stop a common theist retort....

There are several advantages, mostly in helping with child rearing. Also the sheer number of species that have homosexuality (several hundred do) lead one to think there must be some advantage for it to be so widespread. The science is not super advanced here as it is a question that has only been asked relatively recently but here is a link that summarises the current thinking.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/12...90501.html
Many thanks Smile
05-07-2014, 11:16 AM
I would have to get past the idea of having a romantic relationship with my brother...ICK! But I don't care for him as a person, so there's that.

Mostly, I don't care who a person wants to have a loving relationship with as long as they are consenting adults.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post