I have a homosexual question and incest question?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Re: RE: I have a homosexual question and incest question?
(14-07-2014 12:20 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 05:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  Obviously in the case of incest there must not be any reproduction.
It's not obvious to me.

What business is it of mine to tell people who can and cannot have kids?

You really want the government to decide for the people?

What is the risk that a kid will have genetic issues if their parents are siblings?
How does this compare to say, two Down Syndrome people having kids? What about two visually impaired people having kids? What about deaf people? Should they have kids?

What are you going to do about it? forcibly neuter people? Force people to have abortions? Put people in jail for having sex?
It seems we need a special sex task force within the police system.

You're responding as if these aren't the laws already existing in many places. Some law statues are for 10 to 30 yr range prison sentences. In US, it varies by state.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
14-07-2014, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2014 01:55 PM by Stevil.)
RE: I have a homosexual question and incest question?
(14-07-2014 11:33 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You're responding as if these aren't the laws already existing in many places. Some law statues are for 10 to 30 yr range prison sentences. In US, it varies by state.
My statement is with regards to my opinion.
My opinion is independent of status quo.

If there are laws against incest (due to the worry of genetic issues) but there aren't laws against Down syndrome, visually impared, deaf etc having kids then the laws are inconsistent.

What is the purpose of law? Is it to stop people doing things you find to be yukky?
14-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Yep, I've totally brought up this topic before and came to the same conclusion that everybody else has: the government has no business criminalizing incest. I also went over GSA-incest which is incest that can occur without the partner's being aware that they are related to each other(too lazy to summarize, if you missed my spiel on the topic the first time, look up Genetic Sameness Attraction on the interwebs).

It is not the business of the government to punish relatives for bedding each other if they don't produce offspring in the process.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
14-07-2014, 05:45 PM
(14-07-2014 01:51 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 11:33 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You're responding as if these aren't the laws already existing in many places. Some law statues are for 10 to 30 yr range prison sentences. In US, it varies by state.
My statement is with regards to my opinion.

If there are laws against incest (due to the worry of genetic issues) but there aren't laws against Down syndrome, visually impared, deaf etc having kids then the laws are inconsistent.

What is the purpose of law? Is it to stop people doing things you find to be yukky?

They're not so much inconsistent as absent of fleshed out. It's because in the last 200 years and in the rise of genetics, politicians haven't been comfortable to make indications on whether the law should be implemented or depleted on genetic grounds.

14-07-2014, 05:55 PM
(14-07-2014 05:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 01:51 PM)Stevil Wrote:  My statement is with regards to my opinion.

They're not so much inconsistent as absent of fleshed out. It's because in the last 200 years and in the rise of genetics, politicians haven't been comfortable to make indications on whether the law should be implemented or depleted on genetic grounds.

Oh Eugenics had a big push in the 1920's but less so after the second world war.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-07-2014, 05:59 PM
(14-07-2014 05:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  They're not so much inconsistent as absent of fleshed out. It's because in the last 200 years and in the rise of genetics, politicians haven't been comfortable to make indications on whether the law should be implemented or depleted on genetic grounds.
It is not the government's mandate to enforce a quality control on the human gene pool.
We don't want government deciding that the Aryan race is the way to go.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
14-07-2014, 08:59 PM
(14-07-2014 05:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 05:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  They're not so much inconsistent as absent of fleshed out. It's because in the last 200 years and in the rise of genetics, politicians haven't been comfortable to make indications on whether the law should be implemented or depleted on genetic grounds.
It is not the government's mandate to enforce a quality control on the human gene pool.
We don't want government deciding that the Aryan race is the way to go.

It kinda is governments role to do that that as on where you draw lines. If a governments role is assist maintaining a successful human beneficial society, where it's judgments on child "creation"(for lack of a better term) or child raising are at make these questions actually worth raising.

And who is we? You seem to me to be making generalized statements that don't apply evenly. It's not a far cry from the overused example of Chinese child limits. You would seem by your comments to oppose that but not everyone believes it's a negative mandate.

[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
14-07-2014, 09:11 PM
(14-07-2014 08:59 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  And who is we? You seem to me to be making generalized statements that don't apply evenly. It's not a far cry from the overused example of Chinese child limits. You would seem by your comments to oppose that but not everyone believes it's a negative mandate.
In my opinion when the government is controlling who can have kids, how many kids they can have etc, then that is way beyond the remit of government.
It is extremely dangerous.
What else would you have government control over your life? Who you can marry? What city you live in, what business you operate, what job you do?
14-07-2014, 09:13 PM
(05-07-2014 10:33 AM)Kvitnar Wrote:  Imagine if every contry accepted homosexuality, and i'm not against it though because most of our values are based on greece democracy (With a little reactionary religion like christianity in the mix).

Now thats all good.

But...

What if brother and sister loves each other so much that they want to get married and live the rest of their life with each other, imagine incest parade where they are proud to be together.
Of course there will be a law where they cant create babies with each other otherwise it will be genetically bad, so they will adopt.

Now if that was set. If there would have been a vote poll for "Yes" or "No" for incest marriage.

What would you have answered?

I would have answered :

That question is so gay.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-07-2014, 11:27 PM
The 20's?

Oregon practiced eugenics on people who were "different" until the 80s

http://www.uvm.edu/~lkaelber/eugenics/OR/OR.html

A sick and disgusting practice.

You cant force someone not to have children just because of a higher risk. Too slippery a slope. I'd hope that the parents would be informed of the risks they take when having children, in any case, not just brother/sister incest.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post