I have a huge crush on Rooney Mara now.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-01-2012, 09:32 AM
I have a huge crush on Rooney Mara now.
Well maybe not Rooney Mara but def Lisbeth Salander. Saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo last night. Pretty damn good film IMO. And I don't know what it is about her but Rooney Mara looked so hot in it.

I love tattoos. I have 2 and my wife has 3.

[Image: rooney_mara_vogue_w_magazine_covers.jpg]
[Image: rooney-mara-dragon-tattoo.jpg]

And the before shot
[Image: rooney-mara-joins-oldboy_1248031]

Her character is awesome. She's smart, sexy, passionate, and completely bad-ass.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
16-01-2012, 09:48 AM
RE: I have a huge crush on Rooney Mara now.
(16-01-2012 09:32 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Her character is awesome. She's smart, sexy, passionate, and completely bad-ass.

She did a good job. I was just glad they didn't screw up the entire movie. I was a huge fan of the three books and they stuck to the first one a fair amount.

I did love the original movie and fell in love with Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth. I loved her angularity, her sharpness, and her determinedness.

Smile Did you read the books? Have you seen the original movies - they are in Swedish?
I suspect a lot of fans of the original movies and the books now want to go to Sweden.
Yep -Lisbeth is a beautiful person. Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-01-2012, 09:54 AM
I saw the original in Swedish (haven't read the books). It was a great movie, and I have the next one on my Netflix list. I tend to watch movies while I game though, so reading subtitles means I have to force myself to do only one thing at a time for a little while. Confused I have so many foreign movies in my Netflix queue that I really want to watch lol.
16-01-2012, 11:13 AM
(16-01-2012 09:54 AM)kineo Wrote:  I saw the original in Swedish (haven't read the books). It was a great movie, and I have the next one on my Netflix list. I tend to watch movies while I game though, so reading subtitles means I have to force myself to do only one thing at a time for a little while. Confused I have so many foreign movies in my Netflix queue that I really want to watch lol.

Yes -I think a lot of people just don't watch movies they have to read -it forces your focus. I kind of like them for that reason.
The second movie in the Swedish series is action packed so easy to follow. The third has some court room dialogue and narrative driven plot -a lot is explained and tied together-focused attention is required.

From what I understand, the first Swedish film was to be the only film, until the books became international best sellers. Then they did the other two movies as kind of tv movies with the same people playing their original film characters. The original film has a certain intensity about it -they are all good- but I think the original stands on it's own pretty well.

The books are gigantic but extremely absorbing.
Still, who has time? I've switched a lot of my reading to audio books. I didn't think I would, but I love it! I can do a lot of stuff and still get into a story -it's fantastic.
However, I shouldn't do it and drive or sometimes, I miss my exit. Blush

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-01-2012, 11:27 AM
I actually didn't even know it was a book until I looked up the photos to post in this thread. Very interesting. I'm going to put the Swedish versions in my queue. Can't wait for the new one to come out. When the movie ended I was all bummed because Lisbeth showed up with the jacket only to be heartbroken. As for the books, I won't be reading them. I just can't sit through a fiction book. I'll read history, religion, and politics books all day but can't get through the average novel. I'm a movie guy.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-01-2012, 11:39 AM
(16-01-2012 11:27 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I actually didn't even know it was a book until I looked up the photos to post in this thread. Very interesting. I'm going to put the Swedish versions in my queue. Can't wait for the new one to come out. When the movie ended I was all bummed because Lisbeth showed up with the jacket only to be heartbroken. As for the books, I won't be reading them. I just can't sit through a fiction book. I'll read history, religion, and politics books all day but can't get through the average novel. I'm a movie guy.

Ha -the books would be easier to listen to than read, for sure! Smile

Interestingly, the books are quite politically charged and go into many issues about gender, gender expectations, and governmental espionage. Sorry, no religion here - Sweden seems to be a largely secular country - another good reason to go there! Smile

16-01-2012, 12:17 PM
(16-01-2012 11:39 AM)kim Wrote:  
(16-01-2012 11:27 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I actually didn't even know it was a book until I looked up the photos to post in this thread. Very interesting. I'm going to put the Swedish versions in my queue. Can't wait for the new one to come out. When the movie ended I was all bummed because Lisbeth showed up with the jacket only to be heartbroken. As for the books, I won't be reading them. I just can't sit through a fiction book. I'll read history, religion, and politics books all day but can't get through the average novel. I'm a movie guy.

Ha -the books would be easier to listen to than read, for sure! Smile

Interestingly, the books are quite politically charged and go into many issues about gender, gender expectations, and governmental espionage. Sorry, no religion here - Sweden seems to be a largely secular country - another good reason to go there! Smile

I've actually looked into moving there. Turns out it's an impossible pain in the ass. I loved how the movie portrayed theists as odd and unusual. I'd love to live in a place where people who believe in god are like adults who believe in Santa or unicorns.

-Mark Twain
16-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I've been thinking about this movie all day. Can't get it/her outta my head. I'm not gonna turn out like HoC and the Gwynnies am I?

The Roonies?

-Mark Twain
16-01-2012, 02:52 PM
I read the books and then went and watched the Swedish film versions. Haven't seen the Americanized version yet. I'm a little worried the Americanized version might disappoint me after seeing the originals.

(16-01-2012 02:08 PM)germanyt Wrote:  The Roonies?

You're probably okay until you start referring to her as "my Roonies". And if you're not careful you might end up with another tattoo on your belly that says "I am a sadist pig and a rapist".

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-01-2012, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 03:12 PM by germanyt.)
(16-01-2012 02:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I read the books and then went and watched the Swedish film versions. Haven't seen the Americanized version yet. I'm a little worried the Americanized version might disappoint me after seeing the originals.

(16-01-2012 02:08 PM)germanyt Wrote:  The Roonies?

You're probably okay until you start referring to her as "my Roonies". And if you're not careful you might end up with another tattoo on your belly that says "I am a sadist pig and a rapist".

The new film I great man. I caught it last night when I took my wife out. Quickest 2 hours and 40 minutes of my life. The music did a great job of adding suspense. Not in a stupid horror movie way but in a 'picked just the right music for the scene' kind of way. The acting was incredible. I mean, Daniel Craig. Duh. And My Roon...errrrrrrr......uhhhhhh... Rooney Mara beat out other actresses like Scarlett Johanssen and Natalie Portman for this role. It's def worth watching. I won't get the Swedish version until Thursday because the mail isn't running today. Netflix is going to have to start compensating me for all the damn federal holidays that the lazy ass post office wont work on.

-Mark Twain