I have a question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2012, 07:44 PM
I have a question
When does a person go from being light blue to dark blue, as in on this forum? Basically when is someone allowed to give rep?

I can't figure it out, is it based on reps, likes, posts or fate?

I've seen people with 30 posts able to throw reps around like confetti whilst people with 230 still aren't able to give any. Doesn't seem to make much sense Huh .

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: I have a question
Maybe it's a matter of time?

A person could of joined and made 230 posts in a few days. A person could have 30 posts after existing for a week or much more. That's just an uniformed guess though since I have no clue.
28-03-2012, 07:55 PM
I never noticed. I can tell you that the odd colors are my fault.
See when I promoted people way back when I was keen to the idea I had no understanding of the color system. It is tied to the promotions, but see there are more than three colors. I didn't know that. So I inadvertently mixed colors to the same result.
Since the results were the same and no one really gives a shit about the colors I never changed it.

As far as the rep thing I've never had an issue with rep since becoming admin haha, suckers.
Ill check later to see what the limits actually are. Maybe I'll do it now who knows.
Wait here.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2012, 08:23 PM
(28-03-2012 07:55 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Wait here.
I'm waiting...

[Image: sackstroker.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
28-03-2012, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 08:46 PM by ClydeLee.)
I have a hankering to look into the big intro thread and look back and see what people are listed still as light blue and who isn't.

It appears that 50 posts is what makes someone a member and no longer a junior member... Although I also see someone with 44 posts, no rep, but their name is dark blue.

I've seen someone with 27 posts in light blue.. I've now found a 35 post member who is dark blue, no rep but has 4 stars. He did get 24 likes on his posts. This system is very confusing.
28-03-2012, 08:31 PM
(28-03-2012 08:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 07:55 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Wait here.
I'm waiting...

[Image: sackstroker.jpg]
You find the most hilarious things!!!! Bowing Hobo Laughat

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
28-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Haven't seen the admin side yet, but I can see the reputation.php that is on the default install. It seems to use usergroups as indications of who has ability to give rep. The code may have been changed by someone, plus I have no idea what groups are automatic and which are given and which have permissions to rep.. actually, you might be able to tell the usergroups and which can give rep on that end without looking at code, lucadris.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
28-03-2012, 10:00 PM
The promotions system will promote new users once they meet the following requirements:

30+ posts
Registered 14+ days
Reputation >0 (meaning someone who joins and gets negative rep will not be promoted till it goes out of negative)

The promotions task runs every 15 minutes.

I think all this was covered in a previous thread though the requirements may have been higher then.

So far this system has worked quite well for us. I think it should be ok to leave it as is.
Usergroup colour/style can be changed whenever we want and currently are applied based on usergroup.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
29-03-2012, 04:43 AM
I wasn't suggesting changing it or anything. It was just annoying me that I couldn't figure out how it works.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Sorry I didn't look anything up.
Right after I wrote that I went and read a bedtime story to my little girl and then forgot.
I'm glad that I made you wait here for nothing though. It makes me laugh.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user