I have accepted my faults

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: I have accepted my faults
(23-03-2014 01:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 12:44 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Well embracing success will not help me at all. I need to embrace failure and then try to make it better.

You need to embrace life, not failure. You haven't failed at anything, dude. You haven't even been given the opportunity to fail yet. Nor have you had the opportunity to succeed. You are in the youth of your life, and your experience so far tells you that there is no hope, but I'm telling you that you just don't have the experience yet.

You're a good soul. You're a smart shit, and you have a good sense of humor. I can't vouch for your looks, but I can vouch for the fact that ugly people have had great sex and awesome relationships every second of every day for the entire history of the existence of sex and relationships.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that you're going to be okay. Just keep on keepin' on and keep your head up and your senses sharp. Be a gentleman first and a badass sparingly. You're gonna find out that if you take care of what you need to, the rest comes along naturally. Having said that, you also need to realize that "what you need to" take care of right now is gonna be different as you go along, so don't put so much importance in everything that you find lacking in your life right at the moment. Things evolve in life. You don't get all of your best traits at the beginning, you develop them. And you do that by examining your environment and selecting the best qualities for the life that you'd like to have, and adapting accordingly. By doing this you will ensure your greater likelihood for relationships and eventually reproduction.

But this takes time, and effort. I think the biggest effort that you will have to make is simply realizing that you already possess most of the traits necessary for your survival and flourishing, you just have to recognize and take advantage of what they are, instead of constantly concentrating on what you perceive to be negative about yourself.

You have to look at where you want to go if you want to walk in the right direction. If you constantly look back at where you've been you're going to keep running into obstacles.

Well put heaten. ThanksSmile

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
23-03-2014, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2014 03:27 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-03-2014 02:18 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 01:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You need to embrace life, not failure. You haven't failed at anything, dude. You haven't even been given the opportunity to fail yet. Nor have you had the opportunity to succeed. You are in the youth of your life, and your experience so far tells you that there is no hope, but I'm telling you that you just don't have the experience yet.

You're a good soul. You're a smart shit, and you have a good sense of humor. I can't vouch for your looks, but I can vouch for the fact that ugly people have had great sex and awesome relationships every second of every day for the entire history of the existence of sex and relationships.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that you're going to be okay. Just keep on keepin' on and keep your head up and your senses sharp. Be a gentleman first and a badass sparingly. You're gonna find out that if you take care of what you need to, the rest comes along naturally. Having said that, you also need to realize that "what you need to" take care of right now is gonna be different as you go along, so don't put so much importance in everything that you find lacking in your life right at the moment. Things evolve in life. You don't get all of your best traits at the beginning, you develop them. And you do that by examining your environment and selecting the best qualities for the life that you'd like to have, and adapting accordingly. By doing this you will ensure your greater likelihood for relationships and eventually reproduction.

But this takes time, and effort. I think the biggest effort that you will have to make is simply realizing that you already possess most of the traits necessary for your survival and flourishing, you just have to recognize and take advantage of what they are, instead of constantly concentrating on what you perceive to be negative about yourself.

You have to look at where you want to go if you want to walk in the right direction. If you constantly look back at where you've been you're going to keep running into obstacles.

Well put heaten. ThanksSmile

And once you've realized what the heathen said, then you can can visit the abyss where your tour guides JohnnyC and Girly will show you how to properly embrace the void. You don't just go jumpin' into it silly. We got Gwynnies manning the belay lines and shit. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-03-2014, 03:29 PM
(23-03-2014 03:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 02:18 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Well put heaten. ThanksSmile

And once you've realized what the heathen said, then you can can visit the abyss where your tour guides JohnnyC and Girly will show you how to properly embrace the void. You don't just go jumpin' into it silly. We got Gwynnies manning the belay lines and shit. Big Grin

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
23-03-2014, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2014 04:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-03-2014 03:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

[Image: gwynnies.jpg]

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." - Brad Pitt

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Why are you applying other peoples standards to yourself? Nobody's perfect. Amuse yourself by finding the flaws in the popular guys - acne, lousy haircut, crappy grades, can't dance. And you care about what they think of you? Go conquer the world on your own terms, discover your strengths (I'd say intelligence, but you may find more) and make the most of them. Make an exception and watch "Revenge of the Nerds."

Bottom line - nobody will want to hang with you unless you are comfortable with yourself. Like yourself and others will follow your example.

(Unless you get to the Bieber level. Please stop before then. That is just Major Jackass.)

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
23-03-2014, 10:01 PM
(23-03-2014 08:19 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 08:13 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  It is more then just looks of uglyness. It is also the fact that my uglyness show I should not pass on my genes. Also look worst then that guy.Drinking Beverage

Angry Just find and watch that movie, it was very cool...... dammit ! Dodgy

I love that movie!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
24-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Unless you are poking babies with pins and / or torturing live little fuzzy things, and I don't think you are, then instead of just accepting your faults try embracing them.

Your so called faults are after all a part of yourself, a part you should integrate and love.

I have found that most of what I used to call my faults are simply a part of my personality, and the most I can do about them is laugh. The people who matter to me most embrace my faults as part of who I am.

"You know, he always wanders off like that when he should be doing. . .. Remember that's why we love him."

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
24-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Worth a read.

http://www.lifebuzz.com/just-stop/

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
24-03-2014, 10:52 AM
(24-03-2014 07:00 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Worth a read.

What a great link Tinkerbelle, I saved this one for myself too. Thumbsup

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
24-03-2014, 02:10 PM
(24-03-2014 07:00 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Worth a read.

Thanks Thinker.Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと