I have been kick out of my job

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2017, 06:10 AM
I have been kick out of my job
Hello everybody, is been a while since the last time I have posted something. Today I want to vent a little it has been a rough week, I been working as a teacher since last year in an elementary school in my hometown, everything was going fine but then my pay got cut, when I asked why they simply answerme me "you may leave if want". I am poor really poor and thats why I need the job so I did not complaint in the spot. After a month or so when I could not aford anymore I made the whole thing public during a teachers meeting, I hoped teachers will side with me and they did, the principal promised he will check things out because my salary comes directly from the parents, from that meeting on I was pressured to dismiss on a really bad way, the principal and the parents president went really far to discredit me, even black mail damn!. The only thing left for me was to fill a complain in the Ministry of Work were I was assured I could not get fired because I have a baby less than a year old. Next monday when I went to work I was called by the principal and the parents president who told me if I was to stay I had to accept the cuts and wont be payed the two weeks winter break and I wont be hired again, that did not end well. After that I went to the Ministry of Work again to get a lawyer hopping to patch things up, I been called by parents who did not know about me being fired and wanted me back but then the parents president who is a really hateful person started to talk shit about me, crazy stuff like I was suing the school because I wanted to take the money destined to the children. The only thing I know for sure is that I have been fired because I did not keep quiet when I was foul played. Damn it is been a month already I am starting to get desperate good patents think I am an arrogant prick who want to steal from their kids.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes isyreri's post
23-07-2017, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2017 06:38 AM by Deltabravo.)
RE: I have been kick out of my job
I got into a similar situation once and I went to the advocacy service for employees. They commiserated with me but the more I went on about how my employers were a bunch of bastards, the response became, "Well, if you don't like who you are working for, then maybe it's best you quit." Which I did. It's very painful but I've been through numerous jobs, run my own business, worked for big firms and government. It's lousy wherever you are and the more you buck the system, the worse it gets. Your co-workers might support what you say but they are also concerned for their jobs and don't want to stick their necks out. I dated a private elementary girls' school teacher a long time ago and, while she depended on her income to live, the other teachers were all "mums" working part time whose husbands had professional jobs. In the end, she quit and moved to San Diego.

I knew a management consultant who told me how he had to rationalize a business workforce so he called everyone in and fired them. He then waited for people to come back and ask for their jobs back. The ones that came back got their jobs, the ones that didn't come back didn't. In private businesses like private schools, unfortunately, the finances are all important so the easiest way to reduce costs is to squeeze employees and the easiest way to get rid of someone is to lose the ones who cause a problem for management. My experience would suggest that whatever you do, you are in difficulty. It's a bit of a Catch 22 situation for you and I sympathize. You might want to speak to a lawyer about what you can do but I would suggest you look for a better job. I wish you the best.
23-07-2017, 07:03 AM
isyreri---what did you teach?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
23-07-2017, 07:15 AM
It is a public school and i teach IT.
23-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Would a local community college pay more than a public school? Or is that not an option in your part of the world?

Either way, I know it sucks to be let go. Too often we allow our jobs to define who we are so it's a double-blow. But maybe it will cause you to find a job where you are treated better and like it more. It just doesn't sound like a place/job you'd want to go back to.

Is there any form of "unemployment" pay available while you up your education so you can aim higher maybe?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
23-07-2017, 07:49 AM
The thing is we are half way in the year so getting a new job will be really hard. I was really happy in the school the kids were wonderful and we did a lot of stuff, it seems that i got fired because the parents president is full of bullshit and she wanted my money to pay other bills she was carrying from last year. Laws about work are very though here they will have to hire me again within a month and pay a fine, that is why she is bad mouthing me and even black mailing so I will resing and lose all and wont complain later.
23-07-2017, 02:37 PM
(23-07-2017 07:49 AM)isyreri Wrote:  The thing is we are half way in the year so getting a new job will be really hard. I was really happy in the school the kids were wonderful and we did a lot of stuff, it seems that i got fired because the parents president is full of bullshit and she wanted my money to pay other bills she was carrying from last year. Laws about work are very though here they will have to hire me again within a month and pay a fine, that is why she is bad mouthing me and even black mailing so I will resing and lose all and wont complain later.

Hi isyreri,

Sorry to hear that you have had such a tough experience.

Sounds like there is a complaints procedure that you can follow, and someone is trying to stop you. I was a teacher and union rep and my advice would be to fight this, using the complaints procedure. Its not pretty, but it is the best option.

Good luck, and do let us know how you get on.

D.
23-07-2017, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2017 04:05 PM by isyreri.)
thank you I know it will be the hardest fight yet in my life, I am not fighting a regular foe but a lier the princess of lies. Sounds familiar? she is trying to kill my reputation with lies and shit I know a lot of people will fall and make my year as painful as posible, some of my students showed up today and gave me suport, I will overcome this but this shit will hit the fang twice.
[+] 1 user Likes isyreri's post
23-07-2017, 04:58 PM
I once was in a similar situation. My boss mobbed me, wanted me to leave his company. Of course on his terms, of course without paying (much). In the end we had a 1v1 in his office where he tired to coerce me to quit myself, else "he would find a reason....or make one up", which could have been punished with no less than 6 months (if i would have been able to prove in return he said this). In the end he just fired me and hoped i would succumb.

I didnt. I lawyered up. In the end him firing me was deemed invalid by court, he had to make a report/reference which i was able to dictate. It also turned out that he owed me 10k€ because his billing was incorrect. After the court trial his lawyer came to me and ....wait for it: excused himself!!!!! It was basically an unconditional surrender on my ex-boss side.

It.felt.so.good. (although i almost had a nervous breakdown, but that was gonna happen anyway).

So: dont succumb to the bully. Put up fierce resistance. Once its all over you will fell it was worth fighting for your own cause. Once you succumb you may regret for the rest of your life to let this ##### push you around.

[Image: 02928c80c5ca5a3506096ba455213e03--accoun...-the-s.jpg]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
25-07-2017, 03:22 PM
I am alive and kicking. I will show you the only place on earth were people who don't know how to read can earn 10 to 20 times the minimun wage. They become cocky as they climb on the lader. Where I live there is a place where we had one to many generations where people had slaves and I am not talking methaphoricalty they had slaves. My mon was beaten so she could forget her nativey language. Tomorrow is fredom for me.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)