I have / can do this at my place. And you ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2013, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2013 10:23 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
Heart I have / can do this at my place. And you ?
US forum members have shown me that they can call Obama a war criminal in from of the White house when they enjoy their extensive free speech rights.

In UK, you could possibly also do this outside 10th of Downing Street. But I think people should better watch their language when they criticize the Queen in front of the Buckingham Palace, although I can't think of a thing at the moment why people should criticized the Queen standing outside the palace.

Situation in China is again different. I start to have realized that my Chinese culture seems to put more emphasis on the practical side. It is hard to protest outside Zhongnanhai, where the top bosses deal with their daily work, without being considered as harassing, because it is hard to accept the concept of going there and getting ignored, at least for me. Yet we do have the tradition of whistle-blowing when the top bosses are on their inspection trips.

To show off ... to better let others know the what the life is like in one's own country / region / place, I think it is a great idea to start this "I have / can do this at my place. And you" thread.

==================================

I suggest that we follow a certain format, for example:

[Nation/Region/Place] USA

[I have / can do] Calling Obama a war criminal right outside the White House.

[Picture / Video] ...

==================================

What do you think ?

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: I have / can do this at my place. And you ?
Interesting. I can only offer a couple of articles about the state in which I live - Kansas.

This just happened last weekend - June 8th.

This was just written today and provides a good bit of history of my state.

I enjoyed the public comments at the end of each article, as well.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering... as a term of endearment for our shitty governor, it is very common in my state to call him Governor BrownShirt... his name is actually Brownback. We have a love/hate relationship with our little Nazis. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
15-06-2013, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2013 04:35 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
[Nation/Region/Place] Beijing, China

[I have / can do] Huang Guangyu, Former Richest Man In China, Gets 14 Years In Jail for Inside Trading

[Picture / Video ] 2009, when he was at his prime.

Rich people won't get away with their crime that easily here.

This should be a good thing, right ?

[Image: em80.gif]

15-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Where I live in Derby they did this last year.....

....and I suppose within reason you can spout off anything you like, as long as it isn't hate speech, inciting violence or a public disorder offense (swearing in the presence of a police officer)

It wasn't there when I used to do my activism though. Instead me and the groups I was with would do it where it was most busiest. Even in the large Shopping centers until security kicked us out (as those are classed as private property)

We occupied Royal Bank of Scotland when the government bailouts first started and symbolically gave them "The shirts off our back" with various messages written on them (that they wouldn't accept so we threw them on the floor). We brought the place to a standstill until the police turned up and politely asked us to "fuck off" Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
15-06-2013, 04:29 PM
(15-06-2013 04:20 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  [Nation/Region/Place] Beijing, China

[I have / can do] Huang Guangyu, Former Richest Man In China, Gets 14 Years In Jail

[Picture / Video] ...

Only 14 years? Not that I'm gonna one-up you with MY US formerly wealthy criminal ... but....

One time billionaire Bernard Madoff bilked almost $65 billion from his clients accounts, while fabricating their investment gains. On June 29, 2009, he was sentenced to 150 years in prison.

Yea - we don't like it when someone takes our shit. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-06-2013, 04:40 PM
(15-06-2013 04:29 PM)kim Wrote:  
(15-06-2013 04:20 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  [Nation/Region/Place] Beijing, China

[I have / can do] Huang Guangyu, Former Richest Man In China, Gets 14 Years In Jail

[Picture / Video] ...

Only 14 years? Not that I'm gonna one-up you with MY US formerly wealthy criminal ... but....

One time billionaire Bernard Madoff bilked almost $65 billion from his clients accounts, while fabricating their investment gains. On June 29, 2009, he was sentenced to 150 years in prison.

Yea - we don't like it when someone takes our shit. Dodgy

Madoff took your money, and then the money, boom, vanished ! That's enough to get him another 15,000 years, which is almost nothing different for him.

But look at this guy, Huang still have tons of money and powerful relations. 14 years is some what a little beyond my expectation. And that is exactly why Wall Street magnates don't like China.

15-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Wellington, New Zealand.

Mock you and your countries shitty government.

Lol, your government sucks.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
15-06-2013, 04:48 PM
(15-06-2013 04:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wellington, New Zealand.

Mock you and your countries shitty government.

Lol, your government sucks.

That's best you can get ? Well

[Image: em78.gif]

15-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Well I could go down to the parliament building and protest something but there's not really anything worth protesting considering my government isnt fucked up like yours.

15-06-2013, 04:55 PM
I can access websites without a proxy.

[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post