I have / can do this at my place. And you ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: I have / can do this at my place. And you ?
(26-06-2013 04:47 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  [Nation/Region/Place] Australia

[We have / can do] We have achieved the Marxist ideal of "Permanent revolution"

Crazy Commie Bastards. [Image: laughat-1.gif]

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2013, 06:11 PM
m.npr.org/news/front/195896469?start=20

Chinese workers hold American hostage to demand severance pay, govt assists by bringing food? Instead of going to court hostage taking seems to be Standard Operating Procedure.

"We're run by a pothead, a housewife, a guy that buys lube in 5kg containers, a cat and a Nazi. Oh and Dom.” - ‘Muffs

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
27-06-2013, 03:02 AM
(15-06-2013 03:31 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  US forum members have shown me that they can call Obama a war
Situation in China is again different. I start to have realized that my Chinese culture seems to put more emphasis on the practical side. It is hard to protest outside Zhongnanhai, where the top bosses deal with their daily work, without being considered as harassing, because it is hard to accept the concept of going there and getting ignored, at least for me. Yet we do have the tradition of whistle-blowing when the top bosses are on their inspection trips.

Well that, and they throw your ass in a labor camp for 20 years as well......Drinking Beverage

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
28-06-2013, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2013 09:04 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
[Nation/Region/Place] China

[We have / can do] [Image: em100.gif]We Chinese Superbly Adore Foreigners[Image: em100.gif]

The Chinese people are curious about this world. This is true. When China first reformed and opened up in the 1980s, a single ordinary foreign visitor is enough to draw the attention of all those in the whole street and cause traffic jam. Yet unfortunately, many of my countrymen seem to have exaggerated by themselves the advantages of the foreigners and worshiped them blindly. Here's a thing about how we think of the German people's rigorousness.[Image: em88.gif]

Below is a news link of 2011, in which a government official talked about a urban myth about the sewer tunnels built by the Germans over 100 years ago.

http://www.ce.cn/cysc/fdc/jn/gh/201107/1...7726.shtml

The myth goes as follows. When municipal engineers was examining the sewer tunnels beneath the city of Qingdao, which was occupied by the Germans before WWI, they found a place where a component was damaged beyond repair, and they didn't know what to do, since more than 100 years had passed and the German company that had built this tunnel had long gone. Yet they still had seek help from Germany, and before long they got the reply. The Germans told these engineers not to worry, because according to the German construction standards when the tunnel had been built, there definitely should be replacement components within a 3-meter's range. So the engineers looked very carefully this time, and they found a small metal box as expected. In the box, there were replacement components indeed , after all these years still bright and shiny, and carefully wrapped in oil-paper packages.[Image: em59.gif]

But unfortunately that the Qingdao City government official clarified in the news that this myth is busted, because the tunnel was all concrete and there was no need for the referred components.

Yet a myth (or in fact a rumor) like this has been widely spread on the Internet in China as a praise for the rigorousness of the Germans and an evidence and comparison to the corruptness and incompetence of the Chinese government, and yes, even after the myth had been clarified. Well, there's nothing I could do about it.[Image: em112.gif]

But some people did have done something about it. They made new rumors in the original form to satirize those blind laudators and critics. And here's my favorite one:

A German tourist came to Qingdao yet suddenly missed his hometown cuisine. The restaurant wasn't able to prepare authentic German sausages, and they didn't know what to do. At that moment, someone said, "Wasn't this restaurant built by the Germans? Why shouldn't we ask them about it?" They then made a phone call and a German answered, "We certainly have made preparations when we built the restaurant ! " And under the German's guidance, people in the restaurant found authentic German sausages carefully wrapped in oil-paper packages, which were still of excellent quality after all these more than 80 years, and the German tourist was exalted. Everyone then praised the rigorousness of the Germans.[Image: em82.gif]

(Well, I actually quite like you Germans. I really hope my little story here won't make German forum members extremely unhappy.[Image: em99.gif]

[Picture / Video]
[Image: W020110719260162075398.jpg]

Want something? Then do something.
28-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Ohh I thought you left.
Just shows, one should never get their hopes up because they will just be crushed.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]