I have heard zero evidence of collusion with the Russians.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2017, 10:28 AM
RE: I have heard zero evidence of collusion with the Russians.
Whatever is 'found', they need to find some kind of solution to Russia interfering with other country's elections. This investigation is not for naught. If anything, it may provide answers on how to stop future tampering.

The difference between the U.S. and French elections is you don't have a bunch of half-wits who refuse to believe Russia didn't meddle in the election. France doesn't have a Fox News propaganda machine.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
16-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Personally, I don't think Trump or his team colluded with the Russians. Trump and his people aren't that sophisticated.

But it's abundantly clear that Putin preferred Trump in the White House over Clinton because Trump is oh so very easily manipulated.

Russia has been doing this sort of thing for years, spreading fake news and undermining democracy. From what I understand, it started in Georgia (the Asian country, not the American state) in 2012, then into the Ukranian elections in 2014 (one-time Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort was deeply involved in this one, and then Ukraine tried to meddle in the US election against Clinton), then The Netherlands (with the help of Turkey), Bulgaria, then the US, then France and currently Germany.

All these incursions by Russia into the electoral processes around the world are a matter of public record; they're not in dispute.

In short, Trump didn't need to collude with the Russians. They're quite capable of manipulating things all by themselves.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
16-05-2017, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2017 11:10 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(16-05-2017 10:47 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  In short, Trump didn't need to collude with the Russians. They're quite capable of manipulating things all by themselves.

If Trump had been involved, he only would have messed up their plans.

However, that is no excuse for Trump obstructing justice.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
16-05-2017, 11:06 AM
(16-05-2017 10:54 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  If Trump had been involved, he would only have messed up their plans.

So true!
It would have been:
Day 1: "Fake news! I don't know those Russians!"
Day 2, 3AM Tweet: " So I asked for help, and nice Russians helped. Nothing wrong with that!"
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
16-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Pence isn't talking anymore... no defending Trump here.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man