13-11-2013, 12:51 AM
RE: I have no words...
You like that didn't you?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2013, 12:53 AM
(13-11-2013 12:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You like that didn't you?

Hell no, that....that is so fucked up. Weeping

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
13-11-2013, 12:57 AM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2013 01:17 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Do you think he nailed in between them or right through one or both?

13-11-2013, 01:02 AM
Like to see those lame tree huggers step it up. Chains are for wimps.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
13-11-2013, 01:05 AM
(13-11-2013 12:46 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Shocking

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/no...-pavlensky

the Guardian Wrote:Artist nails his scrotum to the ground in Red Square
Performance artist Pyotr Pavlensky stages protest at 'apathy, political indifference and fatalism of Russian society'

I call bullshit.

That guy is not an artist; nailing your balls to a road, wrapping yourself in barbered wire and stitching your lips shut (all exploits of his)? That is not. fucking. art!

As much as he tries to justify it with lofty words about protest, that is not art. Kicking a brick and stubbing my toe 'in a display of anger at the rigid structure of western society (as symbolised by the bricks which rigidly build our houses)' is not fucking art; it's pointless self-injury.

Protesting against the near-dictatorial things Soon-to-be Tsar/Premier Putin has done (No sexuality for you!) is an (admirable?) thing but that guy is being fucking stupid about it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
13-11-2013, 01:18 AM
(13-11-2013 01:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 12:46 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Shocking

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/no...-pavlensky

the Guardian Wrote:Artist nails his scrotum to the ground in Red Square
Performance artist Pyotr Pavlensky stages protest at 'apathy, political indifference and fatalism of Russian society'

I call bullshit.

That guy is not an artist; nailing your balls to a road, wrapping yourself in barbered wire and stitching your lips shut (all exploits of his)? That is not. fucking. art!

As much as he tries to justify it with lofty words about protest, that is not art. Kicking a brick and stubbing my toe 'in a display of anger at the rigid structure of western society (as symbolised by the bricks which rigidly build our houses)' is not fucking art; it's pointless self-injury.

Protesting against the near-dictatorial things Soon-to-be Tsar/Premier Putin has done (No sexuality for you!) is an (admirable?) thing but that guy is being fucking stupid about it.

Well art is kinda subjective.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-11-2013, 01:23 AM
(13-11-2013 01:18 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 01:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I call bullshit.

Well art is kinda subjective.

True enough, but at this level, what kind of person would actually call that art and not, I dunno, pseudo-masochistic self harm attention grabbing?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-11-2013, 02:05 AM
Well, there was quite a lot of performance art in the 70s that dealt with forms of self harm. I remember one guy had his assistant shoot him in the arm - his work was primarily about personal danger as artistic expression. Kind of interesting... at the time.

Ha - I knew I could find him... Chris Burden - this piece features him being nailed to a Volkswagen.
[Image: Burden-Transfixed.jpg]
This piece is called Trans-fixed.

There were other more excruciating ones by other artists... I recall one involving razor blades and the artist's penis. It didn't end well. I think I read the artist is no longer living. Can't really recall if his art was the reason he's no longer alive but... wouldn't doubt it. Don't recall his name right off but If I think of it I'll certainly post what I find out about him.

I don't know - this stuff doesn't bother me all that much. As long as the artist is doing it to himself/herself I'm not too freaked out.

Check out a film called The Shape of Things with Paul Rudd & Rachel Weisz. It might provide an interesting perspective of conceptual art. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
13-11-2013, 07:35 AM
I couldn't help but think his ass must be cold sitting on those wet cobblestones in Russia.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post