I have one question I would love for the atheists to answer!!!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2017, 11:26 PM
RE: I have one question I would love for the atheists to answer!!!!!!!
(19-02-2017 11:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What the hell is it with all the near death shit lately?

Dodgy

It's it obvious?

The unhealthy cocktail of incompetence + evil genius + fanatical ignorance ... respectively: Trump + Bannon + Pence = End times.

And in this case, as Szuchow has described, Poland has its own authoritarian shit going on.

Lots of people wanting an after-death insurance policy.

Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
19-02-2017, 11:27 PM
(19-02-2017 11:25 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 11:18 PM)Mirek-Polska Wrote:  No I'm not trying to scare anyone. I myself am scared and I'm hoping you guys can assure me it's not true so I don't have to worry about hell.

Well, personally I think it's just a myth that church authorities invented so that they could frighten people into obedience. I realized that when I was very young, and so when various believers later tried to use hell to scare me, it bounced right off. If I got upset with them, it was because I thought it rude to threaten people like that.

I come from a religious background, and I am afraid of hell. I thought that it seemed to be made up, but all of these NDEs seem to suggest that it exists. There was also a recent study which claimed that 30 people tested who had an NDE had higher oxygen levels in their brain than people who did not, making the whole oxygen theory potentially problematic, so now I am afraid if we don't have an explanation
19-02-2017, 11:27 PM
(19-02-2017 11:18 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 11:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What the hell is it with all the near death shit lately?

Probably a believer hoping to scare us into belief with a bunch of woo-woo stories about hell.

yep you nailed it.

If you try to explain it to them, they deflect or throw up (vomit) another post that somehow refutes whatever...

Meh whatever..Guess I'll have to move this...There's nothing philosophical about this subject.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-02-2017, 11:30 PM
(19-02-2017 11:27 PM)Mirek-Polska Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 11:25 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Well, personally I think it's just a myth that church authorities invented so that they could frighten people into obedience. I realized that when I was very young, and so when various believers later tried to use hell to scare me, it bounced right off. If I got upset with them, it was because I thought it rude to threaten people like that.

I come from a religious background, and I am afraid of hell. I thought that it seemed to be made up, but all of these NDEs seem to suggest that it exists. There was also a recent study which claimed that 30 people tested who had an NDE had higher oxygen levels in their brain than people who did not, making the whole oxygen theory potentially problematic, so now I am afraid if we don't have an explanation

Or people just make shit up? It sells books and gets people on TV.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-02-2017, 11:40 PM
You do not have to worry. Atlantis is more likely to be real than Hell.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
(19-02-2017 11:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 11:27 PM)Mirek-Polska Wrote:  I come from a religious background, and I am afraid of hell. I thought that it seemed to be made up, but all of these NDEs seem to suggest that it exists. There was also a recent study which claimed that 30 people tested who had an NDE had higher oxygen levels in their brain than people who did not, making the whole oxygen theory potentially problematic, so now I am afraid if we don't have an explanation

Or people just make shit up? It sells books and gets people on TV.

Let me ask you this, if the theory of a brain deprived of oxygen is proved to be false, would you still believe NDEs are bullshit, or would you believe them?
(19-02-2017 11:22 PM)Mirek-Polska Wrote:  although there are no officially documented cases, do you think it is possible that people of other faiths would see gods from their religion in NDEs?

Oh, I think it's quite possible. Apparently people occasionally see figures from other religions (for instance, I heard of a Muslim encountering the Buddha). There doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency in NDEs, other than them being either "good" ones (sense of love and peace) and "bad" ones (imagining a trip to hell).

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-02-2017, 11:41 PM
(19-02-2017 11:22 PM)Mirek-Polska Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 11:19 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Childhood indoctrination and/or many years of church attendance, most likely.

although there are no officially documented cases, do you think it is possible that people of other faiths would see gods from their religion in NDEs?

Yes. Also, if you were never taught about hell, how would you even know it was a thing? The only reason you know about hell is because somebody told you about it. That should show you right there that hell is a man-made idea.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-02-2017, 11:44 PM
(19-02-2017 11:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 11:22 PM)Mirek-Polska Wrote:  although there are no officially documented cases, do you think it is possible that people of other faiths would see gods from their religion in NDEs?

Yes. Also, if you were never taught about hell, how would you even know it was a thing? The only reason you know about hell is because somebody told you about it. That should show you right there that hell is a man-made idea.

do you think though that so many people who had them are wrong even though they say it felt more real than real life?
19-02-2017, 11:48 PM
The thing about a hallucination is that it feels real. So yeah, any number of people can experience that and swear it was real. Makes no difference. There is no evidence that it has ever been anything more, in any case. Piles and piles of anecdotes do not equal data.

The fact that it changed his life is irrelevant to whether his experience was anything out of the ordinary.

Since there are very reasonable explanations for why the mind would hallucinate such things under the strain of being nearly dead, it's fanciful to just assume that any of the things he described actually happened. It's almost certainly his mind accessing the mythology that has been pumped into his brain all his life.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post