I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
29-05-2015, 05:25 AM
I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Hello everyone.
When last I was here an aggressive cancer had taken control of me and I could barely think straight and ended up spending many many months in hospital.

It was thought I would not survive and I was placed on the most dangerous chemo regimen a human could take. I came very close to death on a few occasions but refused to let go. In part I believe because I am an atheist. Seeing as I don't look forward to an after life, I refused to let go of this one.

I am home now. I still have 18 months of chemo to go. The doctors are amazed I am still alive and always congradulate me, but caution me to remain vigilant.

Very kind members have left messages of support I have yet to respond to. I will respond tomorrow after I sleep.

Thank you for the support in the past. Cancer had affected my brain and often I was barely rational. I appreciate the patience you showed.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 52 users Like Banjo's post
29-05-2015, 05:28 AM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 05:32 AM by Anjele.)
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
BANJO!!!!!!!!

Welcome back!

I usually post birthday wishes for everyone and was so sad that you hadn't been here in forever and we didn't know what had happened.

Glad to see you back here! And HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-05-2015, 05:40 AM
Welcome Back Banjo. And it's very good to have you back!

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
29-05-2015, 05:46 AM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 05:52 AM by Banjo.)
Thanks Anjele.

In many ways this is my most important birthday. The birthday I did not expect to see. That I am am alive is amazing. At times it would have been easier to let go. In fact I was stunned that the question came to mind, or perhaps the thought.

Living over 8 months in a cancer ward is eye opening. I lost people I became close to. Am extremely worried about a sick child.....

Hospital staff, especially nurses, have inspired me no end. The staff on the ward became a second family. Indeed, serious illness became life affirming. Very strange.

When I am well I will stage a music festival to raise money for the ward.

Thank you Anjele. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
29-05-2015, 05:47 AM
Thank you Eva. Smile

Banjo.
29-05-2015, 05:47 AM
(29-05-2015 05:25 AM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
I refused to let go of this one.

I had no idea. Bravo, sir, bravo.

Thanks very much for the update. I know a lot of people were worried that you'd disappeared from view.

Good to have you back.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
29-05-2015, 05:52 AM
(29-05-2015 05:46 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks Anjele.

In many ways this is my most important birthday. The birthday I did not expect to see. That I am am alive is amazing. At timesharing it would have been easier to let go. In fact I was stunned that the question came to mind, or perhaps the thought.

Living over 8 months in a cancer ward is eye opening. I lost people I became close to. Am extremely worried about a sick child.....

Hospital staff, especially nurses, have inspired me no end. The staff on the ward became a second family. Indeed, serious illness became life affirming. Very strange.

Thank you Anjele. Smile

Take my hand and come with me...five plus years as a cancer survivor myself. I have had the same kind of birthdays...the ones I didn't think I would see. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
29-05-2015, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 06:00 AM by Banjo.)
Very pleased to be in such fine company. There are no words. You understand. As do I.

I now have a niece. She is a great reason to stick around. Smile

(29-05-2015 05:52 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 05:46 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks Anjele.

In many ways this is my most important birthday. The birthday I did not expect to see. That I am am alive is amazing. At timesharing it would have been easier to let go. In fact I was stunned that the question came to mind, or perhaps the thought.

Thank you Anjele. Smile

Take my hand and come with me...five plus years as a cancer survivor myself. I have had the same kind of birthdays...the ones I didn't think I would see. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-05-2015, 05:57 AM
Thank you so very much.

(29-05-2015 05:47 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 05:25 AM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
I refused to let go of this one.

I had no idea. Bravo, sir, bravo.

Thanks very much for the update. I know a lot of people were worried that you'd disappeared from view.

Good to have you back.

Banjo.
29-05-2015, 06:00 AM
(29-05-2015 05:25 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hello everyone.
When last I was here an aggressive cancer had taken control of me and I could barely think straight and ended up spending many many months in hospital.

It was thought I would not survive and I was placed on the most dangerous chemo regimen a human could take. I came very close to death on a few occasions but refused to let go. In part I believe because I am an atheist. Seeing as I don't look forward to an after life, I refused to let go of this one.

I am home now. I still have 18 months of chemo to go. The doctors are amazed I am still alive and always congradulate me, but caution me to remain vigilant.

Very kind members have left messages of support I have yet to respond to. I will respond tomorrow after I sleep.

Thank you for the support in the past. Cancer had affected my brain and often I was barely rational. I appreciate the patience you showed.

Huh, so you are still alive, eh?

Good. Do us a favour and teach that cancer that Aussies don't go down so easy.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post