I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
11-09-2015, 05:36 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(11-09-2015 05:15 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I joined this forum while you were out so I didn't know you. I recently had a very aggressive advanced prostate cancer and the treatment left me with severe ulcerative colitis. I feel like hell and that is why I am up at this godawful hour. However, as I have followed your travails on this thread, you have given my attitude a real kick in the ass and that is something I have needed. I am very much impressed with you, Banjo, and your own battle has helped me with my much less serious fight. Thank you.

Oh hell. I friggin' hate cancer. And so many people have it. I only learned this afternoon a dear friend of mine has cancer and had been hiding it from me. I tried calling but there was no answer.

I am now very sorry to learn you also have cancer and the aftermath of it.

First off, thank you so much for the kind words. I am so glad to have helped in some small way. I wish I could do more.

Please feel free to contact me at any time. I have skype and will pm you my addy. You can call at any hour if you just want to talk. At this time in Sydney it is only 9.21 PM. So don't worry about waking me. We can have a serious talk or just a laugh. Smile

I was always worried about cancer. It was my one buggaboo. I would wonder if I'd just top myself rather than letting it kill me. I had already watched mum get killed by MS over many years. But once the doctor told me over the phone, I was more business like. "Ok, I need to find some drummers to cover my work" That was my first thought. I then told my boss who owned the teaching studios. This was hard because I was both head drum teacher and head percussion teacher. The doctor had wanted me in hospital the next morning but I refused until I found sub's. I eventually got 5 drummers and two percussionists to cover me.

I made it to hospital within 3 days.

Then it was right down to the business of chemo. At one time I asked a nurse "Am I an aeroplane?" I felt I was in a holding pattern. The first chemo was ok. But the second.....

You know how it goes mate. And I could have died. I could have simply let go. And at one point the staff thought I'd given up. No way! This life is all mine and I wont get another. So I kept fighting. Felt like death warmed up, but that was better than actual death.

Lately I have not been hungry, but I force myself to eat. I currently have a Thai beef salad in front of me. It is lovely but I am not hungry. I will finish it though. I must!

I think we just have to be stubborn sods! Glass half full types as well. And I have always told jokes and made fun of anything serious. Cancer is a bitch, but it has its funny moments as well. For example, I once collapsed in the street. Beside a manned parked ambulance! Big Grin

If you're gonna fall, that's the place to do it. Big Grin

Anyway mate, thanks again. We'll beat this damned pain in the arse disease. No worries! Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
11-09-2015, 05:45 AM
(11-09-2015 05:24 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 05:15 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I joined this forum while you were out so I didn't know you. I recently had a very aggressive advanced prostate cancer and the treatment left me with severe ulcerative colitis. I feel like hell and that is why I am up at this godawful hour. However, as I have followed your travails on this thread, you have given my attitude a real kick in the ass and that is something I have needed. I am very much impressed with you, Banjo, and your own battle has helped me with my much less serious fight. Thank you.
All the best to you black eagle why not start a thread ? The folks here are really supportive.

Good idea!

You see how cool these people are? Nishi and I have actually met on skype. Great fun. I keep meaning to call him back.

Like I said in an earlier post, these people have helped me through some dark times. They will also help you.

Hug

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
11-09-2015, 05:46 AM

Eagle, I am so sorry to hear this. Fight it out. I am waiting for you and Banjo on the survivor side!

I didn't go the chemo/radiation route so I can only sympathize. But the mastectomies and resulting issues were (and sometimes still are) a royal, life-disrupting pain to deal with.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
11-09-2015, 06:21 AM
Hi Nishi how are you doing Hug
11-09-2015, 06:27 AM
(11-09-2015 05:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

Eagle, I am so sorry to hear this. Fight it out. I am waiting for you and Banjo on the survivor side!

I didn't go the chemo/radiation route so I can only sympathize. But the mastectomies and resulting issues were (and sometimes still are) a royal, life-disrupting pain to deal with.
Hug
11-09-2015, 06:30 AM
(11-09-2015 06:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Hi Nishi how are you doing Hug

peohuthulu actually took me to, and then brought me home from hospital!!!

I was really stuck without a ride that day. I have no car and cannot get a car at the moment due to the damage done to my nerves.

I cannot speak highly enough of them here. Nice guy too.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-09-2015, 06:34 AM
Banjo, you just rock!

With the eating - you may find you like things you didn't use to and your usual faves leave you cold. Maybe look into fruit and veggies in a new way... Cannabis is the one drug that consistently helps cancer patients eat, even those with extreme nausea. That is the main reason it is getting legalized more and more. It is also being studied a lot more and many other benefits are being found. I strongly recommend you try and find some for yourself - at least to help with the appetite and general well being.

Black Eagle, if you want to talk about colitis , I can give you pointers. I ended up with that also, after a 6 month therapy containing massive antibiotics. Left my gut stripped bare and ulcerative colitis blossomed. I have it under control now and live a good life. You can PM me if you like.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
11-09-2015, 06:46 AM
M-m-m-me?

. o O (Senpai has noticed me what do I do?)

F-f-f-fine thank you, and you?

*Blushes and run off before hearing the answer*
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
11-09-2015, 06:52 AM
(11-09-2015 06:46 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
M-m-m-me?

. o O (Senpai has noticed me what do I do?)

F-f-f-fine thank you, and you?

*Blushes and run off before hearing the answer*
Sure you, like I said any friend of banjo is a friend of mine sorry if I embarrassed you though I like to be friendly its nothing sinister promiseSmile
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
11-09-2015, 06:57 AM
(11-09-2015 06:30 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

peohuthulu actually took me to, and then brought me home from hospital!!!

I was really stuck without a ride that day. I have no car and cannot get a car at the moment due to the damage done to my nerves.

I cannot speak highly enough of them here. Nice guy too.
That's great mate that's why I love it here people want to know you for yourself and not in order to insinuate you into their belief system keep eating and I hope black eagle takes you up on your offer good for both of you Imo.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post