I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
11-09-2015, 06:58 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(11-09-2015 06:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 06:46 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  M-m-m-me?

. o O (Senpai has noticed me what do I do?)

F-f-f-fine thank you, and you?

*Blushes and run off before hearing the answer*
Sure you, like I said any friend of banjo is a friend of mine sorry if I embarrassed you though I like to be friendly its nothing sinister promiseSmile
No worries mate. No worries. (^_^)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
11-09-2015, 07:08 AM
(11-09-2015 06:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  That's great mate that's why I love it here people want to know you for yourself and not in order to insinuate you into their belief system keep eating and I hope black eagle takes you up on your offer good for both of you Imo.

We shall see. No pressure.

I went on a drum forum and made a few little posts. I think it became obvious that I actually knew what I was talking about. Mostly on forums you get kids or older guys who gave it away when they married. They probably were not that great anyway and it was an easy choice once they married. Then 20 odd years later, after the divorce, they go out and buy a top kit they could never afford when younger. And they talk drums. Rarely does one see a true pro. So I find them quite boring.

Anyway after a few posts a member who never posts contacts me via PM. Turns out he had done a search for me on the net. I began getting PMs. Over time I spoke to him via PM more than I posted. I am helping him with his technique via skype. I don't charge. Helps me keep my hand technique up and it helps him. He's self taught. We shall see how it goes. And he's in Europe!

The world is such a small place now. And if I can help someone, (especially now) great!

Oh and Dom, thanks so very much. You are too kind. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
11-09-2015, 07:14 AM
Wish I could reach out and hug all of you going through such difficult times.

You'll have to settle for this: Hug

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
11-09-2015, 07:20 AM
(11-09-2015 07:14 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Wish I could reach out and hug all of you going through such difficult times.

You'll have to settle for this: Hug

Thanks Thinkerbelle. That was nice. After all it is the thought that counts. Hug

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-09-2015, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 10:40 AM by Black Eagle.)
Yeah, thanks to all of you. Your kind thoughts do help.

I don't think I'll start a thread on my issues just yet; I find it very uncomfortable to talk about even with my wife of 46 years. However, a brief history: I've had 14" of my ascending colon removed, then my prostate, then they put me on all kinds of drugs including immuno suppressants because I developed this ulcerative colitis. I learned to enjoy puking and bloody diarrhea. Big Grin The immuno suppressants made me weak and I got pneumonia that sent me to intensive care twice. Today, I wear "Depends" because I drip blood out my butt and I have stomach cramps most of the time. [I have the greatest sympathy for women who have menstrual cycles to deal with.] I am to the point where there is no longer much danger to my life although I have days when I wish somebody would drop a piano on my head. Big Grin [Not really although I do understand completely why some folks just give up.] Those are the days that Banjo's story has helped me face.

Banjo's leukemia is much more serious than what I face and his only treatment option is miserable chemo. I can tell you from my experience with drugs that everyday that Banjo gets up with a smile on his face is a lesson in guts to the rest of us and I have really learned to respect him. He's a damned good man and his niece is very lucky to have him although he feels like the lucky one. [My wife and I have a 10 year old grandson who is the light of our lives.]

My wife had breast cancer almost 6 years ago. She declined to do radiation and chemo therapy, just like Angele, and she is now 6 years cancer free.

Thanks again for your kind support but right now, Banjo ought to be the focus of our attention.

By the way, Banjo, I've been at this war for 3 years now and can finally believe there is an end to it. I am 68 years old and, from your picture, you look much younger than that. Hang in there, buddy, you're obviously tough enough to beat this and you've got a lot of drums to beat in your future.
[+] 6 users Like Black Eagle's post
11-09-2015, 11:11 AM
And he is but you are an important person too. Have you considered an illiostomy although its a formidable surgery it might be a good option for you in terms of pain control and no leakage etc
11-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Eagle, take some love for yourself, brotha. There's plenty to go around, don't you worry. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
11-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Hug Best wishes to you Black Eagle
11-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Yeah, we've talked about an ileostomy but my docs think I should still be able to kick this into remission. I have more good days than bad days now. I have two surgeons who enjoy cutting on me. I tell them that whenever their wives need a new car, they just call me in for another surgery. Another problem I have, since I'm getting all 'full disclosure" on you friends, is that 5 years ago when I was just starting my young horse, I thought that since I am Native American and Russian [both horse cultures] I should be able to ride him for the first time on a mountain trail. It went well for about 20 minutes then I wound up with a skull fracture. That is the thing that forced me into retiring from my trial practice. The neuro shrinks say I have lost some thinking speed and that sucks for a trial lawyer. There was a lot of depression associated with that.

By the way, that horse is now one of the gentlest animals on the face of the earth. All my horses are. I don't believe in ever getting angry with an animal because they don't understand why you are angry and they just get confused. I never use spurs or even bits on them. The horse's name is Virgil and he taught my grandson to ride. My grandson lives in Boston, 1500 miles away, but if I ever refer to Virgil as "my horse," he jumps all over me. That horse is his and I just take care of him; I like that and hearing him lay claim to Virgil makes me very happy. Virgil remembers him from visit to visit and that horse loves him. Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like Black Eagle's post
11-09-2015, 12:08 PM
(11-09-2015 10:32 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  Yeah, thanks to all of you. Your kind thoughts do help.

I don't think I'll start a thread on my issues just yet; I find it very uncomfortable to talk about even with my wife of 46 years. However, a brief history: I've had 14" of my ascending colon removed, then my prostate, then they put me on all kinds of drugs including immuno suppressants because I developed this ulcerative colitis. I learned to enjoy puking and bloody diarrhea. Big Grin The immuno suppressants made me weak and I got pneumonia that sent me to intensive care twice. Today, I wear "Depends" because I drip blood out my butt and I have stomach cramps most of the time. [I have the greatest sympathy for women who have menstrual cycles to deal with.] I am to the point where there is no longer much danger to my life although I have days when I wish somebody would drop a piano on my head. Big Grin [Not really although I do understand completely why some folks just give up.] Those are the days that Banjo's story has helped me face.

Banjo's leukemia is much more serious than what I face and his only treatment option is miserable chemo. I can tell you from my experience with drugs that everyday that Banjo gets up with a smile on his face is a lesson in guts to the rest of us and I have really learned to respect him. He's a damned good man and his niece is very lucky to have him although he feels like the lucky one. [My wife and I have a 10 year old grandson who is the light of our lives.]

My wife had breast cancer almost 6 years ago. She declined to do radiation and chemo therapy, just like Angele, and she is now 6 years cancer free.

Thanks again for your kind support but right now, Banjo ought to be the focus of our attention.

By the way, Banjo, I've been at this war for 3 years now and can finally believe there is an end to it. I am 68 years old and, from your picture, you look much younger than that. Hang in there, buddy, you're obviously tough enough to beat this and you've got a lot of drums to beat in your future.

Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi