I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
13-09-2015, 02:02 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
(13-09-2015 12:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Banjo, you are an amazing, wonderful man. There's no "why" to it. Tongue

Well thank you very much.

Sincerely surprised and delighted to hear that from such a lovely person. Means a lot. I don't tend to see myself in that manner. I wonder if I ever did. It's just been me, you know?

So many thanks again. Dale. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2015, 02:24 AM
Well good sir, I don't know you all that well but you are clearly a most mature, incredible dude. So you bloody well better stick around for a while longer here! Keep livin life man, you're an inspiration.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
13-09-2015, 02:47 AM
(13-09-2015 02:24 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  Well good sir, I don't know you all that well but you are clearly a most mature, incredible dude. So you bloody well better stick around for a while longer here! Keep livin life man, you're an inspiration.

Cheers mate. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
14-09-2015, 07:39 PM
Well today has been going ok. I just had my first home care visit that will last 6 visits over six weeks. She was great, cleaned my kitchen and bathroom. My place is fairly clean anyway due to my trying to clean as I go.

I washed my sheets and she helped me put them on the line. Sadly I must walk down then up the stairs that scare the crap out of me when they dry.

I am trying to practice instruments but have yet to eat and lack strength. Just played a Brasilian instrument the cuica, really poorly due to my not touching it in over a year. So depressing.

It'll be a while before I play that in public again.

It's like being a beginner again. At least I already have the knowledge, it's just that the muscle memory is shot to pieces. Plus I lost a lot of muscle in hospital over however many months it was and is ongoing. I must however keep trying. And I will. I am not hungry but I will eat! Two coffees is not enough. 11.38 am. Time for breakfast!

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
15-09-2015, 01:45 PM
(14-09-2015 07:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Well today has been going ok. I just had my first home care visit that will last 6 visits over six weeks. She was great, cleaned my kitchen and bathroom. My place is fairly clean anyway due to my trying to clean as I go.

I washed my sheets and she helped me put them on the line. Sadly I must walk down then up the stairs that scare the crap out of me when they dry.

I am trying to practice instruments but have yet to eat and lack strength. Just played a Brasilian instrument the cuica, really poorly due to my not touching it in over a year. So depressing.

It's like being a beginner again. At least I already have the knowledge, it's just that the muscle memory is shot to pieces. Plus I lost a lot of muscle in hospital over however many months it was and is ongoing. I must however keep trying. And I will. I am not hungry but I will eat! Two coffees is not enough. 11.38 am. Time for breakfast!

You need to eat, good, solid food. Don't know if you can get a hold of weed, but it will make you eat happily and is used extensively here for cancer patients and other illnesses that affect the appetite.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-09-2015, 01:50 PM
(14-09-2015 07:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Well today has been going ok. I just had my first home care visit that will last 6 visits over six weeks. She was great, cleaned my kitchen and bathroom. My place is fairly clean anyway due to my trying to clean as I go.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
15-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Thinking of you Banjo...

Hug

I'd totally make you breakfast each morning. Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-09-2015, 02:35 PM
(15-09-2015 01:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  

You need to eat, good, solid food. Don't know if you can get a hold of weed, but it will make you eat happily and is used extensively here for cancer patients and other illnesses that affect the appetite.

What Dom said ^^^ and good balanced meal. Is there a service that delivers home meals. There are services in the States that do stuff like that. Meals on Wheels it's called.

Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-09-2015, 02:44 PM
I know what you mean, brother. I have a workshop in the lower level of my house and I like to go out in the backyard which entails going down stairs. I've been practicing going up and down stairs for a few weeks now and it's not so scary anymore. I also have shitty balance from my skull fracture and I have been doing balance exercises for a couple years now. I still have lousy balance.

I spent yesterday morn at the hospital getting tests. It looks like [assuming I passed all the tests] that in two weeks I will start giving myself injections of some new med and I won't have to go to the doc all the damned time. Hope so.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
15-09-2015, 04:30 PM
(15-09-2015 02:44 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I know what you mean, brother. I have a workshop in the lower level of my house and I like to go out in the backyard which entails going down stairs. I've been practicing going up and down stairs for a few weeks now and it's not so scary anymore. I also have shitty balance from my skull fracture and I have been doing balance exercises for a couple years now. I still have lousy balance.

I spent yesterday morn at the hospital getting tests. It looks like [assuming I passed all the tests] that in two weeks I will start giving myself injections of some new med and I won't have to go to the doc all the damned time. Hope so.

It's amazing what inner strength, determination, and a little bit of stubbornness can get your through.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF