I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
22-09-2015, 06:33 AM
RE: I have survived toughest year. Still in danger, but still alive.
Yeah I am fine. I have learned the set for Thursdays gig.

I am still here. I just wont post on serious subjects anymore. As mentioned last night, my mind is not sharp. I have some form of chemo brain. But I can add music and perhaps a film. I just recommended a film called Comet. I'd not heard of it, but it was stunning.

Got a phone call from a percussionist friend today telling me he has throat cancer. That was bad news but he is responding well and is being treated as an outpatient. So I have high hopes for him. I've worked with him. Nice player. Damned shame. He said "Man, food tastes like shit now!". I told him it was the chemo. Totally changes how food tastes. When I got out of hospital the first time, I grabbed a taxi to my favourite restaurant only to discover the food tasted terrible! Smile

Anyway, thanks mate. D.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
22-09-2015, 07:15 AM
I'm glad you're sticking around. I'm just getting to know you.

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
[+] 1 user Likes quoin's post
22-09-2015, 08:55 AM
(22-09-2015 07:15 AM)quoin Wrote:  I'm glad you're sticking around. I'm just getting to know you.

I like the people here too much to leave. Many mean a lot and have supported me. I simply do not wish to pollute the threads with rubbish.

As I mentioned, I will be here reading and checking how people are and commenting on non serious subjects. I have clear thoughts rarely and lack patience. As a result I act poorly and out of character.

So we can get to know one another in a more relaxed manner. Last night was not a "Look at me thread I am having a meltdown because I cannot get what I want." It was just a notice to people I care about as to why I wont be posting as much on the forum at large, within this illness thread. Shy

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
22-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Thinking of you Heart

Post when you can and don't go silent for too long.

Love you!!!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-09-2015, 09:23 AM
(22-09-2015 09:20 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thinking of you Heart

Post when you can and don't go silent for too long.

Love you!!!

Love you too mum. Smile Heart

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-09-2015, 09:35 AM
Thinking of you mate.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
22-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Thanks FC. I am okay. Just have to play well on Thursday. I already know the arrangements. Took 90 minutes to learn a 90 minute set. Strangely I have no manuscript paper anywhere so could not write out charts. I may head to the newsagent tomorrow morning and buy some.

I have hospital on Thursday before the gig but it isn't anything heavy. The following week I have bone marrow biopsies and lumbar punctures and all kinds of crap. So I am glad the gig is this week. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-09-2015, 11:22 AM
(22-09-2015 09:41 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks FC. I am okay. Just have to play well on Thursday. I already know the arrangements. Took 90 minutes to learn a 90 minute set. Strangely I have no manuscript paper anywhere so could not write out charts. I may head to the newsagent tomorrow morning and buy some.

I have hospital on Thursday before the gig but it isn't anything heavy. The following week I have bone marrow biopsies and lumbar punctures and all kinds of crap. So I am glad the gig is this week. Smile

Good luck with it all [Image: q0h2kp2.gif?zoom=2] and play those drums like a man possessed!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
22-09-2015, 06:19 PM
(22-09-2015 11:22 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Good luck with it all [Image: q0h2kp2.gif?zoom=2] and play those drums like a man possessed!

I shall do my best. Thumbsup

Thank you.

Banjo.
22-09-2015, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2015 07:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
I saw this and thought of you my friend. Big Grin

Reminds me of Zappa.

Be well Banjo my friend,
Bob

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post